Hello from England

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Alsalam Alakum

welcome Rachel its really nice for you to join us.
Dont worry about anything we are all here to learn.
I hope we can help you as much as possible, if you have any questions always feel free to ask.

jean

Rachel:

Hi/ salam ali kum Rachel

Peace be with you, i hope all is well, i too accepted the faith of the monothism a while ago, however my parents didnt take it too well, and still dont take it that well.

I hope your ok, and protected by allah, just pray to him for good things, and guidance, and ask him not to test us, as tests are difficult. In the quran there are two important concepts that come to mind when you talk about being scared of mistaking:

A soul isnt burdened more than it can bear(surrah bakahra)

Two easy outcomes cannot overcome 1 difficulty, meaning when we strive for anything we have difficulty, but always the benefit has two positive outcomes.(thisis in a chpater of the quran in the 30 part towards the end.

The problem with the english language is, its not the language of any of the books of our lord: torah - hebrew, psalms - hebrew, gospel - aramic, quran - arabic.

So even the scriptures of this time that people have changed, they are in other languages, and people are lead astray.

In actual fact its the same religion that all messengers preached. difference being that they came at different times.

hope all is well, i am in the uk, also , and i am finding the language is the real barrier, just keep reading from books, and read this book set, which you will find very beneficial along with the quran: ibin kathir(its the interpretation of the quran)

if you have any questions please email through the cp(control panel) on here.

salam ali kum

peace be with you

I've recently become friends with a Muslim and thought I should learn more about this aspect of him. Soon I became interested in Islam and taken by its culture beyond merely aiding my relationships. For example I'm seriously considering going teetotal because of the issues Islam has opened up to me. There are lots of very informative websites online, but I am also keen to get a more personal and subjective insights, as I've never known a Muslim well before. I've already learned a lot from browsing this forum. It seems like a lovely friendly place and I look forward to talking with you all. I do apologise in advance if I offend anyone in the process - that would be due to ignorance or poor articulation, not underlying disrespect for your faith. In fact, Islam has made me question my own beliefs more than any other I've learned about. Please don't hesitate to point out any such mistakes I might make. :)

Rachel

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

:D :D :D :D

LOL.

I wonder where do people dig up the buried threads from, and then answer like somebody is frozen for the answer since ages. Amazing. :D
(sorry , just a joke)

Wassalaam,
VE

learnermuslim

Assalaam Alaikum Rachel,

Welcome and you've come to the right place to findout about Islam in a friendly, open and realistic areana.

Apologies in advance from us too, if any of our responses offend or are taken the wrong way, especially from brother virtualeye, best watch out for him :)

Take care and Fi amanAllah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Rachel,

Welcome. One of the beauties of Islam is the sense it makes. Islam assits us in utilizing our rational selves. We become better thinkers...logical and precise. Islam tells us about psycholingustics. It teaches us about the process of thinking. Islam urges us to go and seek knowledge and understand. We are the viceregents of Allah..it is our duty to seek and never remain in ignorance. Enjoy..ask questions, post threads, ask for clarification...Islam makes us responsible sane beings who can comprehend and synthesize. Man is caple of thought it is a gift from Allah. How can you offend when you ask out sincerity? Innocence is never offensive.

I'm Paola

Hi Rachel,

Welcome.

The more the merrier.. I hope the answers given to your questions will quench your thirst about Islam.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Welcome Rachel :SMILY139:

i hope you find this forum helpfull but its vital to keep in mind that islam is perfect and its followers arent we all strive hard to please our Lord and no one is perfect in religion but the best of us are those whom strive hard in following the commands of Allah and his messengers:hijabi:

so hope you get enlightened with this truthful way of life:hijabi:

i too live in england,:SMILY259: welcome

peace