Hello from MN, US

Durriyyah

Forever Student
Hello, I'm from Minnesota, USA. I started reading the Qur'an about five months ago and I've been hooked ever since. I started reading it out of curiousity and learning more about some Muslim friends of mine and now I finished reading the Qur'an from cover to cover and I've ordered more books so I can continue my learning.

I have to say though that I am very confused now... I was raised a Lutheran Christian and confirmed as such. I then followed the path of Paganism/Wicca shortly after my confirmation for about ten years. During that time though I studied Shamanism, Buddhism, the Kabbalah, Tarot cards, and many other such things. When I started reading the Qur'an it was only for the express purpose of teaching myself about other religions and not to convert but I'm starting to feel my heart pulling me in the direction of converting.

I'm hoping that this site can assist in my learning and hopefully my decision on whether it is right for me to convert or not. So many stories of converting I hear are people going from Christianity to Islam... which seems like a logical move. I have yet to hear about any Pagans converting and I feel like it is a very difficult move. Anyway... I hope to learn so much and straighten out what is right for me.

acedoc

Hello from AZ

It is amazing how Allah chooses some from us to lead towards the straight path.

My wife, also a reverted muslim, also orginially from Northern MN and a former Lutehran has much in common.

If you are interested in contacting her please email her at my email address below; she will call you if you would prefer to do so.

May Alalh guide you and hold your feet firm towards teh Truth. There is only one requirement to find truth: SINCERITY.

Ayep

Hi sister Whitefyre,

Welcome and thanks for visiting TTI. You have visited the right place to research on Islam. I believe there many reverts here who can assist you in your quest for truth. Feel free to ask questions in this forum and we will be very glad to help.

Thanks again enjoy your visit.

:SMILY231:
Best wishes

Argus

Greetings Whitefyre,

I can relate with you (somewhat, considering I wasn't as involved in it) with being involved with Wicca before I finally made the decision to become Muslim, Alhamdulillah (all praise is due to Allah [God]). I even unfortunately got my ex-girlfriend (whom I had before I became Muslim) into Paganism and Wicca, despite my waning belief that Wicca was the way I believed. I have personally became Muslim after learning so much about Islam (my quest for knowladge of it came after the Oklahoma City Bombing and wondering why the reporter told us "This surely must be the work of Muslim terrorists") after being bombarded with so many misconceptions of Islam. I hope that you learn alot about Islam and insha'Allah (if God wills it) you shall become Muslim as well.

Tahar

Welcome.

Whitefryre, greeting to you from our national capital, I don't know about Minnesota but the weather today in DC is just beautiful. I salute your quest for the truth. You are on the right path and almost there. I envy you, for I did not have to struggle to find the truth: I was born in a muslim family where I was handed this great gift called Islam without realizing its importance till much later in life. However, your journey is harder and the rewards, with the grace of God, will be much greater.

You are right, many people are coming to the right path of God by the millions especially in the western world. In your case, since you are much learned about other religions, Islam will make more sense to you. It's a complete way of life, and God has given us the manual, the holy Quran, which contains the answers to how to live properly and maintain that constant relationship with the almighty.

It is the duty of every muslim to help others find the path to Allah, the creator. So If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. And welcome.

masihuddin

My friend you must have noticed that the opening verse of the Quran states that the book is not to be doubted and that it gives guidance to the righteous
Many eminent scirtisrs embraced Islam after finding the scietific truths in the Book which mankind discovered recently and were totally unknwn 1500 hundred years back proving without doubt that it was revealed by the Creator
Himself
There are no two versions of this Book like so many other holy books Please visit the following websites to know more about this book and the religion of Islam
www.islamalways.com
www.islamtomorrow.com

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Welcome. I think my advice for you is to ask yourself if you believe in God? If you do, you must leave the idea of Paganism/Wicca. If you believe in God? What religion? There are many religions that teaches the existence of God. But which one? Do you believe in one God? Only your senses will lead you to the right path if you're sincere. As you've said, you feel your heart pulling you in the direction of converting to Islam. Then ask your self what makes you to feel this way? Have you read something in the Quran, then what is it? But if you said youre still confused? What makes you feel this way? Are there beliefs from your past religions that you still hold on, then what is it? Remember you must enter Islam whole-heartedly and not just half of it, this will leave more room for confusion. Study Islam by heart.

Allah(SWT) said in the Quran:

3:19(Al-Imran): The Religion before Allah is islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of Allah, Allah is swift in calling to account.

acedoc

Why Islam

Hello again WhiteFyre,

Here is some rational reasoning why Islam stands heads over shoulders when compared with other belief systems. Please see the original site below:

www.islamtoday.com

Islamic Values | The Discover Islam Project|

Islamic Values A value is an attribute that makes something an object of appreciation and respect, meaning that this attribute makes that thing sought after and desirable. It does not matter whether one individual or many hold this desire. For example, lineage has a very high value to the nobility, wisdom has a great value for the scholars, and bravery is a value coveted by princes and chiefs.

Values can be a subject of study. The study of values entails the examination of something with respect to it being desirable in and of itself, as well the investigation and examination of the value of various things, the different types of values that exist, and their origins.

If “values” are discussed in purely abstract terms, then the discussion will be of an idealistic nature. If, on the other hand, they are discussed in terms of their natural, psychological, or social causes, then the discussion will be of an existential and practical nature.

The best discussion of “values” is one that deals with both their ideal and practical aspects. This is because it is not possible to conceptualize values in either of these terms without considering the other. If it were not for this fact, then values would not have any existence and existence itself would not be able to hold any value.
Justice

When human life becomes devoid of justice, it becomes submerged in disorder and confusion. Oppression between people becomes the order of the day in the most horrible way, whereby the strong destroys the weak, the one who is capable denies the rights of the one who cannot fend for himself, the aggressor spills the blood of the one he overpowers, the ruler consumes the rights of his subjects, and the great in every way dominates the small. Nothing but the restoration of justice can remedy such a horrid state of affairs.

So, what is justice, and what forms does it take? What are its benefits? How do the Muslims apply it in their lives? We will try to deal with these questions.

Justice implies that everyone should receive their rights or whatever they deserve. If they deserve good, then they should receive good. If they deserve evil, then they should receive evil. Due to the importance and prominence of justice, Allah sent His Messengers and His books without discriminating between anyone with regard to their rights. Allah says:
Indeed we have sent Our Messengers with clear proofs and revealed to them the Scripture and the Balance that mankind may establish justice.
Justice is the custodian of the secular and the sacred. It is the source of good for individuals and nations, bringing their hearts and souls together in harmony, equity, and affection. Conflict and disunity are removed from society. By the dictates of justice, actions and people are measured. The standards of justice never vary.

Whoever prefers injustice exposes his religion to confusion, his life to ruin, his honor to disgrace, and his prosperity to loss.

The assurance that the rights and property of the individual are secure, and that justice is firmly established in people’s dealings with one another is a prerequisite for human prosperity. This is why justice is such an indispensable value in Islam, which ties justice into every provision of its Divine Law. There is no provision in Islam that does not have justice as one of its aims. Justice is intrinsically tied into its administrative, political, and judicial systems. It is tied into every other aspect of the Islamic order, in every sphere of human life, like the family order, the educational system, the economy, the social order, personal behavior, and intellectual activity.

History testifies to this, for the societies that were under Islamic rule were free from serious moral degeneration, secure from imbalance and inconsistent standards, and protected from wanton degradation and loss of life.

Justice takes many forms. There is worldly justice and justice that will only be realized in the Hereafter. Justice in the worldly life covers the course of human existence from the creation of Adam (peace be upon him) to the last days of the Earth. Allah says:
Indeed we have sent Our Messengers with clear proofs and revealed to them the Scripture and the Balance that mankind may establish justice.
Since people are ever prone to differ and are overpowered by their desires and lusts, causing them to oppress one another, Prophets were sent throughout the ages to successive generations to establish justice among the people. If it were not for them, human life would have been corrupted and nations brought to ruin.

In the story of the two sons of Adam – which is forever preserved for us in the Qur’ân – we get a clear picture of the seriousness and the harmful nature of oppression, in that it was the very first sin of man to occur on the face of the Earth. It stresses the necessity of justice so that humanity can live in peace and stability. This worldly justice must be explained and clarified, because it rests on the ability of people to apply the dictates of divine justice as outlined by the tenets of Islamic Law.

Justice in the Hereafter is the justice that Allah has reserved for the Day of Judgment. The oppressor may escape from the rule of justice in this world so as not be taken to task in this worldly life for his sins. His injustice will not be redressed in this world, but in the Hereafter. Likewise, the one who upholds justice in the world looks expectantly for a great reward that Allah has prepared in the Hereafter as compensation for patience and forbearance. Allah says:
The scales of justice will be set forth on the Day of Judgment so no soul will be wronged in the least. If it be the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it. And We are sufficient to take account.
This is justice in the most absolute sense, because Allah Himself is the one who dispenses it, Allah whose knowledge is not eluded by the smallest particle in the heavens or the Earth.

Justice is comprehensive and universal, embracing human beings, animals, and the rest of Creation. As for its comprehensiveness with respect to the human being, there are many proofs that establish it. Among these is Allah’s statement:
…and do not let the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just, for this is nearer to piety.
This verse addresses every rational person. It is obligatory upon everyone who possesses reason to establish justice throughout his, both with him self as well as with others. This applies even if that other person is an enemy or opponent, because the rule of justice has no limits. It extends beyond the boundaries of religion and creed, beyond the boundaries of lineage and family ties, beyond the boundaries of nation and country. Whoever possesses that which is the right of someone else cannot use religion, lineage, or nationality as an excuse to oppress. On the contrary, human rights must be granted to all, because justice is a right that all people share equally.

As for justice being extended to the animals, people have been ordered not to oppress or abuse them. This forbidden abuse might take the form of confinement, starvation, or overwork, among other things. A woman entered the hellfire on account of a cat that she imprisoned, neither feeding it nor letting it hunt for food.

A woman entered Paradise on account of a dog that she found panting and swallowing the earth out of severe thirst. She went down to a well and filled her sock with water and gave it to the dog to drink. Allah rewarded her for this act with Paradise.

An animal cannot establish justice in its own life, because it cannot be held legally accountable due to it being unable to comprehend the divine injunctions. It can, though, be dealt with justly by those who live in its midst and are ordered to treat it with justice and to abstain from abusing it.

Regarding how justice comprehends the rest of Creation, this is what we can observe in the movements of the things that travel through the Earth and the things that travel through space. Their movements are just. We see justice between them in the swiftness and slowness of their movements, like the alternation of night and day, and the paths of the Sun, Moon, stars, and planets. For this reason, Allah says,
The Sun runs on its fixed course for an appointed term. This is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. We have decreed phases for the Moon until it returns like an old, dried, curved date stalk. It is not proper for the Sun to overtake the Moon, or for the night to outstrip the day. Each floats in its own orbit.
We see this as well in the relationship between water and dry land. If the water were to overrun the land, it would wipe out everything that thrives on the land, and if the water were to become depleted, everything that lives in the sea would die. We can observe justness in the biological and chemical makeup of living things. Justness has been ingrained in the life-functions of every living thing in Creation, and in the orderly movements of every nonliving object that moves through it.

Justice, when considered in relationship to human beings, can be divided into two categories:

1. Personal justice: This is the manifestation of a psychological balance within a person, whereby the internal forces – like reason, aggression, and desire – stay in conformity with a standard that returns to the individual. This consideration can be of an internal origin as a result of personal contemplation, or from external effects like acquired knowledge, learning, and perceptions. For example, a person can do justice to the body and soul, to the mind and thoughts, in giving and taking, in efforts and deeds, and in everything else that is specific to a person in the course of his or her life.

2. Societal justice: This is justice achieved by taking into consideration the rights of others and the accord and respect that they deserve. A person must be just in the demanding of rights and in the fulfillment of obligations. Every form of interaction between people that contains an element of justice can be given as an example of this, like justice in buying and selling, in governing and passing judgments, in giving testimony and fulfilling trusts, and in withholding things and giving them away.

A chief or leader – who is a single person – is responsible to the people under his or her authority to apply the rules of justice in making their appointments by assigning tasks and giving posts to the proper people who have the capability to do the job. A judge must apply justice in dealing with litigants by giving each of them what they are entitled to and by compelling the one who is obligated to another to carry out his obligation.

Likewise, a husband must be just to his wife or his wives and give to each one what she is lawfully entitled to with respect to such things as maintenance, housing, time, transportation, food, and clothing. A father is expected to be just to his children in their upbringing, education, health, and the things that he gives them and withholds from them. His must not show some of them preferential treatment......

see www.islamtoday.com

azlina_sam

Welcome Sister

Hi sis Whitefryre,

May Allah leads you to the true path of religion, Islam..;) Hope you can achieve a much knowledge in Islam..

:muslim_child:

Azlina sam
Singapore

Hannah123

One Truth
Welcome to the Straith Path. Insha'Allah you will find that Islam is truely the right path. I was a christian before my reversion to Islam and i was also a person of very bad decisions, but Masha'Allah i have found my way to Islam. When people ask me about my decision i tell them its the best thing i've ever done in my life. Once you have found the peace and love in the Quran and in everything that has to do with Islam you will know whats right and the feeling is indescribable. Have you ever listened to the Quran recited?? You should definitely do that..i don't have any links if someone else could give a good one for Quran recitation? May Allah guide you and bless you.
Peace,
Hannah from little Delaware:shymuslima1:

Delyan

a great step

el salam aaleykom,

Here is a site where you can find recitations of the Holy Quran inshalah.. May Allah Guide you in his path inshalah. Islam is serenity, please listen to these sourates, its a also translated in english.
If you need any help, don not hesitate dear hannah

http://www.aceiweb.org/indexus.htm

peace be upon you Hannah,

Delyan.

Delyan

oops,
I am sorry I dont know why I said Hannah, my message is to u whitefyre ..sorry again, delyan

Durriyyah

Forever Student
Thank you!!

Welcome. I think my advice for you is to ask yourself if you believe in God? If you do, you must leave the idea of Paganism/Wicca. If you believe in God? What religion? There are many religions that teaches the existence of God. But which one? Do you believe in one God? Only your senses will lead you to the right path if you're sincere. As you've said, you feel your heart pulling you in the direction of converting to Islam. Then ask your self what makes you to feel this way? Have you read something in the Quran, then what is it? But if you said youre still confused? What makes you feel this way? Are there beliefs from your past religions that you still hold on, then what is it? Remember you must enter Islam whole-heartedly and not just half of it, this will leave more room for confusion. Study Islam by heart.

Allah(SWT) said in the Quran:

3:19(Al-Imran): The Religion before Allah is islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of Allah, Allah is swift in calling to account.

Thank you to EVERYONE for your replies! To answer some of the questions above, I believe the biggest thing that is holding me back right now is I want to make sure that I am not just going to the newest and most interesting religion at the time for me. To say that my hobby is to study religion almost downplays religion overall, but that's not my intention. Religion is extremely serious and I want to make sure that I am not jumping into something without my whole heart and understanding to the best of my ability. I just now got my book order in from Amazon.com... I got a book on how to pray and A Manual of Hadith that will assist me in starting down the road of learning the Hadiths.

I have always believed that there is only one higher power and even as a Pagan I never felt that there were more than one god or goddess, but only these were different pathways to communicate with, essentially, the Universe (to put a name on it...). I have always felt that there is not a one and only true way and that is what really connected me with Paganism. I always thought of religion as there are many, many paths to get to the top of the mountain and to reach God, the Universe, whatever name you may choose. Each person may take a different path, but as long as they are working to get to that higher power and making the world a better place because of it, I have felt they are just as righteous as anyone else on the other side of the mountain. Accepting one and only true way is a bit much to swallow after over twenty some odd years of thinking something else.

I will continue my path of knowledge reading the books I have and I'm going to try and read the Qur'an again (this time without the footnotes and stuff b/c it can be really distracting from getting the whole message). It is the wonderful people I have met and interacted with on my path to knowledge that have touched my heart and I am hoping that I can one day do the same for another. :ma:

Noor to shine

I pray from all my heart that Allah swt guide all of us to his way ...the way of all the prophets of Allah(God) since the start.
Noor

:SMILY206:

shabnum

:salam2:

mashallah brother welcome to TTI may allah help you and guide you in the right path of islam inshallah ameen.

i know it is amazing who allah chooses its a miracle :jumpclap:

but my duas are with you brother allah make it easier for you inshallah
it has really put a smile on my face for sure .

ALLAH HU AKBER !!!!!!

:wasalam: