Hello

Peter_502

Hello and salaam alaikum.

I am a non-Muslim who is interested in Islam. I used to believe Jesus is God and that the Bible is the word of God, I do not anymore. Although there are some parts of the Bible I still believe in and there are parts that are good, I don't believe anymore in some of the key doctrines of Christianity (ie Trinity, Jesus being God, etc).

I came to the conclusion above after realizing the Bible has many errors. I am considering becoming Muslim but before I do so I need to know that the Quran and sahih and hasan hadiths are also free of errors. I have some questions I would like to ask and discuss if that is ok.

Thanks and take care,
Peter

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Hello and wa alaykumussalam

Welcome to forum.

Of course you can discuss, ask questions and also search the forum - here are already a lot of articles and posts which might be useful.

About this:

I am considering becoming Muslim but before I do so I need to know that the Quran and sahih and hasan hadiths are also free of errors. I have some questions I would like to ask and discuss if that is ok.

The most important as becoming the Muslim isn´t can you find any "errors" or things you disagree but do you believe in your heart that Allah is the one and only, Muhammad is his messanger and basic pillars of islam.

I wish you lucky and may Allah make His path easy to you to find and to follow.

Peter_502

Salaam alaikum sister Herb and thank you for the kind greetings. I believe Allah is one and only, but before I accept that He sent Muhammad or that He wrote the Quran, I need to know they are free from mistakes (not things I don't like or don't agree with). I used to believe the Bible is 1000% true for many years and it was a great shock when I began to discover the many mistakes in it. Before I enter Islam, I need to know it is free from mistakes.

Is there a specific section of the forum for non-Muslims to ask the questions and if necessary to get more clarification to discuss or even debate the answers provided if necessary, or are all the sections good for that purpose?

PS I see you have the flag of Palestine. I was there a few times with International Solidarity Movement and once with Christian Peacemaker Teams. The Palestinian people are some of the kindest and most courageous people I have ever gotten the honour of meeting.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
You can try Muslim <---> Christian Dialogue - section or any other section which you think your questions suits to there. Sections as Islamic Discussion and TurnToIslam Lounge (general discussion) might be suitable too.

I use Palestine flag in my avatar picture as I have made human right works, mainly for Palestine issue over 25 years, half of my life. :)

Peter_502

Thank you, Sister Herb. I posted a thread in "Misconceptions about Islam".
I am glad to hear you work for human rights, that is important. Each time I was in Palestine (I was only in the West Bank, not Gaza) I made a blog to raise awareness to people back home (and whoever else was reading). I tried to document the things I saw happening, it was like a journal. They have a Christian perspective that has changed on some things (I no longer believe Jesus is God) but not on others (I believe in God and believe Jesus was a great person, and I still believe in love for enemies and working for justice).
If you are interested, you can check them out and if you feel they are beneficial in raising awareness, please feel free to share them with others.

www.livingstones-tomasz.blogspot.com - summer 2010
www.mighty-stream123.blogspot.com - summer 2014
www.hungryandthirstyforjustice.blogspot.com - summer 2015

Take care and nice talking to you.

Haimi

Va alaykassalam Dear Peter.
Welcome to the forum, and btw before you start learning islam you should try eating sister herbs's foods!
Aks what you want, alhamdullah there are alot of people that can helping you.
Regard: Hamid

Peter_502

Thank you, Hamid, for your kindness. I really enjoy zaatar, had it each time I was in Palestine. :)
I posted a question in the thread "Misconceptions about Islam".

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Va alaykassalam Dear Peter.
Welcome to the forum, and btw before you start learning islam you should try eating sister herbs's foods!
Aks what you want, alhamdullah there are alot of people that can helping you.
Regard: Hamid

Do you think that my foods help people to learn Islam? o_O

Haimi

Indeed! We call it being social and funny! And we're talking about halal food not haram! You just forced me to say the secret:)

mezeren

Hello and salaam alaikum.

I came to the conclusion above after realizing the Bible has many errors. I am considering becoming Muslim but before I do so I need to know that the Quran and sahih and hasan hadiths are also free of errors. I have some questions I would like to ask and discuss if that is ok.

Thanks and take care,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Qur'an is the words of Allah and it is and will be preserved by Allah untill the last day. So, as expected, it is free from any error.

On the other hand, hadith collections have not been preserved in the same way. There are rights and wrongs in them like Bible or Torah. Some of them can not be from the Massanger of Allah. The best way to understand hadiths is to compare them to Qur'an. The ones that contradicts Qur'an can not be reliable and can not be used as a proof. You need to take sience, historical facts etc. into consideration as well.

May Allah open your hearth to the truth and his way.

Peter_502

Salaam alaikum, Mezeren. It is interesting that you say that. I was under the impression that the hadiths were the words of Muhammad, and those that are classified as Sahih and Hasan are legitimate. I know the Daif ones are fake but I thought the other two categories were his words.
Thank you for your prayer for me, I hope He also does this.

mezeren

Salaam alaikum, Mezeren. It is interesting that you say that. I was under the impression that the hadiths were the words of Muhammad, and those that are classified as Sahih and Hasan are legitimate. I know the Daif ones are fake but I thought the other two categories were his words.
Thank you for your prayer for me, I hope He also does this.

Hi Peter,

Hadiths are supposed to or thought to be words of Muhammed(a.s.). They have not been memorised and written down like the verses of Qur'an. Hadith scholars decided for their authenticity mainly by the chain of narrations which is a subjective opinion because they could have different opinions on the same narration. There is another method for the authenticity of a narration which is called "text critic". The ultimate criteria must be the compatibility with the Qur'an.

Imam Abu Hanifa, who was one of the greatest scholars of early ages, said; "Allah's massanger can not contradict Allah's book. The one who contradics Allah's book can not be Allah's massanger".
Allah says in the Qur'an;

[It is] a revelation from the Lord of the worlds.
And if Muhammad had made up about Us some [false] sayings,
We would have seized him by the right hand;
Then We would have cut from him the aorta.
And there is no one of you who could prevent [Us] from him. (69:43-47)

salooom

you are wilcome peter
all previous replys of members are realy useful & clear
you know we are as a muslims believe that jesus is messinger of allah & his slave

i have some questions & hope you answer them to cleared mind :

1- do you believe that god is only one who is ( deity worhty ) ?
2- do you believe that prophet mohammad his messinger & slave ?
if you say : YES
that mean you are a mslim & just say ( i bear witness there is no god but allah & i bear witness that mohammad his prophet & slave .

i hope allah guid you to his straight path & get you from darkness to clearly world

my best regards

SALEEM

Peter_502

you are wilcome peter
all previous replys of members are realy useful & clear
you know we are as a muslims believe that jesus is messinger of allah & his slave

i have some questions & hope you answer them to cleared mind :

1- do you believe that god is only one who is ( deity worhty ) ?
2- do you believe that prophet mohammad his messinger & slave ?
if you say : YES
that mean you are a mslim & just say ( i bear witness there is no god but allah & i bear witness that mohammad his prophet & slave .

i hope allah guid you to his straight path & get you from darkness to clearly world

my best regards

SALEEM
Salaam alaikum, Saloom. Many thanks for the response.

I believe God is one, and that only He deserves worship. For many years I used to believe that Jesus is God and that God is a Trinity. I do not believe this anymore.
I am not sure if Muhammad was His prophet and messenger. That is why I ask questions about the Quran and the sahih hadiths. I am trying to see if they are free from errors.
If they are, then I will acknowledge that Muhammad is a prophet of God and I will become Muslim. At the moment I am not sure of this yet, which is why I am asking questions, including some that probably may come across as a bit provocative. I am not trying to be rude, but I am trying to get to the truth. I used to believe the Bible is 100% true and learning about its many mistakes showed me that I was wrong. I am trying to see whether or not this is true of the Quran and the authentic teachings of Muhammad.

Praying to Allah for His guidance also. If Islam is His religion, may He lead me and everyone else to it. If it is not, may He lead me and everyone else away from it.

mezeren

Salaam alaikum, Saloom. Many thanks for the response.

I believe God is one, and that only He deserves worship. For many years I used to believe that Jesus is God and that God is a Trinity. I do not believe this anymore.
I am not sure if Muhammad was His prophet and messenger. That is why I ask questions about the Quran and the sahih hadiths. I am trying to see if they are free from errors.
If they are, then I will acknowledge that Muhammad is a prophet of God and I will become Muslim. At the moment I am not sure of this yet, which is why I am asking questions, including some that probably may come across as a bit provocative. I am not trying to be rude, but I am trying to get to the truth. I used to believe the Bible is 100% true and learning about its many mistakes showed me that I was wrong. I am trying to see whether or not this is true of the Quran and the authentic teachings of Muhammad.

Praying to Allah for His guidance also. If Islam is His religion, may He lead me and everyone else to it. If it is not, may He lead me and everyone else away from it.

Hi Peter,

As i have written before, you have to take Qur'an as the only 100% authentic book on earth. Others' authenticity depens on how they compare against Qur'an. You might come across lots of opinions that are against the teaching of Qur'an if you assume that other books are also 100% reliable. I hope you understand what i mean.

a_stranger

I believe that Quran is the only book that tells us about our creator as the whole creation is showing. Quran is a book that makes human mind think , ponder then feel the power of the creator all around us .

Peter_502

Hi Peter,

As i have written before, you have to take Qur'an as the only 100% authentic book on earth. Others' authenticity depens on how they compare against Qur'an. You might come across lots of opinions that are against the teaching of Qur'an if you assume that other books are also 100% reliable. I hope you understand what i mean.
I do, which is why I am only looking at sahih and hasan hadiths. Do any of them contradict the Quran?

Also, how do you which which sahih and hasan ahadith to trust and which ones not? What if they are indeed the correct teachings of Muhammad, even if they happen to be problematic in light of what we know about science and history?

Peter_502

I believe that Quran is the only book that tells us about our creator as the whole creation is showing. Quran is a book that makes human mind think , ponder then feel the power of the creator all around us .
Correct, but the Quran also says Muhammad is a prophet. And many of his teachings are not in the Quran, yet Muslims still rely on them if I am not wrong.