HELP HELP HELP PLS

islamtrureligion

asalamu alykum wr wb
is the name ridwan 2 westernised. we expecting baby and I love the name ridwan so much but i dnt know if is westernised.

I read this on islamQA it made me think. it was long answer i took some part so u can read.
a Muslim might pick up any name from Europe and America. This is the worst type of sin and a sign of humiliation and defeat. If this imitation of the kuffaar and using their names is merely the matter of whims and stupidity, it is nevertheless a major sin; if it is done because one actually believes these names are better than Muslim names, then this is a devastating blow to the foundation of faith. In either case, the person who has done this must hasten to repent, and changing the name is a condition of repentance.

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

I have been born and raised in the West and have never heard of this nae so it definitely is not Westernized.

As far as "imitating" kuffar, the only forbidden names is one which means to worship another god, named after a god, or it has a bad meaning in it's native language. That was straight from the Prophet's mouth so you really have no business telling people they need to repent if they give thier child a Western name. While you may not personally agree with it, that does not make the action a sin or even "pathetic."

islamtrureligion

i find this....
Ibn ul-Qayyim said in his book "Tuhfat il-Mawdood fi Ahkaam il-Mawlood" in the second chapter under "What is preferred among the names and what is considered reprehensible among them" said:

... and among them are the names of the angels such as Gibraa'eel and Meekaa'eel and Israafeel, it is makrooh to name human beings with these names. Ash'had said: Imam Maalik (may Allah have mercy upon him) was asked regarding naming someone the name Gibreel he abhorred it and it didn't please him; Judge 'ayaad said: "... and others allowed it." Abdul-Razzak said in al-Jaami' via Ma'mar: "I said to Hammaad ibn Abi Sulaiman what would you say regarding a man whose name is Gibreel or Mikaa'eel, and he responded, 'There is no objection.' (laa ba's bi-hi)"

Regarding the hadeeth:

"laa tusammow bi-asmaa' il-malaa'ikah" ("don't name yourselves with the names of the angels"),

al-Bukhari has said that the validity of its chain of narration is questionable. This means that the hadith would not be considered sahih. ("Tuhfat il-Mawdood," p. 83)

In al-Mawsoo'ah al-Fiqhiyya most of the scholars have ruled that using the names of the angels like Gibreel and Mikaa'eel is not makrooh (disagreeable or reprehensible). Maalik, on the other hand, has ruled that it is makrooh. (al-Mawsoo'ah al-Fiqhiyya, al-Kuwait, Vol 11/p.334)

Some have stated that the meaning of Gibreel is Abdullah and likewise Mikaa'eel. See Tafseer Ibn Katheer under aayaat numbers 97-98 in Surat il-Baqarah.

Thus, based on what has been presented, it is preferable not to use the names of the angels, and that we follow the rightly-guided forefathers in the naming of our children and in the naming of those who accept Islam among the non-believers. The most preferred names, no doubt, are Abdullah and Abdul-Rahman as has been related in the sound hadeeth. wallahu a'lam. And Allah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Idris16

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah

It seems that you meant that imitating the disbelievers is harâm but that you think Ridwan is a westernised name? It's not a westernised name, I have a cousin by that name myself.

If islamqa said Ridwan is a westernised name then give us the link.

islamtrureligion

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah

It seems that you meant that imitating the disbelievers is harâm but that you think Ridwan is a westernised name? It's not a westernised name, I have a cousin by that name myself.

If islamqa said Ridwan is a westernised name then give us the link.

I did not said islamqa said ridwan is wesrternised. u need to read the thread again.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I have heard that when a Muslim has a name no matter the origin, it becomes a Muslim name.

A name does not make the person, their heart, intentions and piety does.
A person can be named Aisha or Ali, yet drink and gamble to their hearts desire....

islamtrureligion

I have heard that when a Muslim has a name no matter the origin, it becomes a Muslim name.

A name does not make the person, their heart, intentions and piety does.
A person can be named Aisha or Ali, yet drink and gamble to their hearts desire....

U R SO Rite abt that .

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Ridhwan رضوان is a Malaikah name!

:bismillah:
:salam2:

:ma:

Islam teaches that angels, called al-malaikah in Arabic,
were created by Allah swt to worship Allah swt
and to carry out special duties .
Belief in these angels is an important aspect of a Muslim's faith.

The name is Islamic and is the name of Malaikah(angel)
It not a weak hadith but Malaikah is to be believe
and mentioned in the holy qurán!

Ridhwan رضوان is a Malaikah taken care of Jannah door

And

Malik مالك is a Malaikah taken care of Hell door.

Some added Muhammad or Abdul in front.

~May Allah swt guide and help you~Amin!

Take Care!
~Wasalam :)