Help! Imaan Issue!

azmathmoosa

Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm going through some terrible Imaan issue recently. I used to live the life of an infidel till Allah swt decided to guide me last year. Suddenly I turned towards the deen, gave up all music, fell in love with the Quran and started praying five times a day.

By His Mercy, i haven't stopped praying. but i now have a new problem. for quite a while now I've been watching a lot of political videos concerning the muslim world. I'm so disappointed with the events in Syria, Palestine, Afghanistan and Burma. I was very disappointed especially with the US pigs' backed Ethiopian invasion of somalia that had just established an islamic state. I was so pissed at the enemies of islam that the accursed devil suddenly poisened me with doubts regarding Allah. All of a sudden, I'm telling myself why is Allah letting all this happen. I shouldn't be asking these questions for Allah has promised victory to the believers but looking at Taliban and Somalia... I'm like, does Allah exist?
I know Allah exists. My brain is convinced. I know Quran is His word. but my heart is so so so sad..... Pls help me! tell me something that will soothe my heart. I know Allah is with us but I want to FEEL that He is with us.

Sidra Rasib

MUSLiiM PRiiNCESS
Asalaamu Alaykum brother,

I have come across these lectures that help me to boost my imaan when ever the shaytaan plays with my head. I hope it helps you like it helps me, May Allah (swt) guide you to his jannah ameen.

[video=youtube_share;Ln_OeRtS0Ss]http://youtu.be/Ln_OeRtS0Ss[/video]

http://youtu.be/ifwBAcp3vFo

http://youtu.be/9Ri9B4wFmg0

The last video sort of relates to the muslims in syria, palestine, somalia, burma etc. Muslims in these countries are loved by Allah, may be Allah loves to hear their voices all the time so he tests them to see if they want to ask their lord. May Allah give them victory Ameen.

Just remember Allah is with you that is why he brought you to Islam,

If Allah brings you to it, then he'll guide you through it (inshallah)

Jazakallah

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum;

Good is that you have noticed that there is Allah; but you ought to find out that Message sent to Mankind; and no where except from Kuran Kareem- to this let us be clear Have You studied Kuran Kareem?
and which one; From your reply is where we will start.

let us start with the words 'pigs' etc Please try to avoid using such words and think of Islam not what Muslims are doing.

a_stranger

Assalamu alaikim

Allah told us that shaitan will try his best to make us kafer. Shaitan will try leave Eman and be unbeliever. The question is that shall we listen to shaitan and leave Islam ? It is up to each individual to decide the truth is so clear. What is happening in our world is the result of our weakness our disobedience to Allah , our division our ignorance.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

In addition to what the others have written please keep in mind that we have to work to keep our imaan high. We are told to contemplate the Quran. We need to think about what we have read. Also, please dhikr. Call upon Allah subhana wa taala. Please contemplate upon His beautiful names. That is a healing initself.

Slow down your thoughts and reflect on the plenitude of blessings He has bestowed upon you. The foremost, knowledge of Him.

strive-may-i

Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm going through some terrible Imaan issue recently. I used to live the life of an infidel till Allah swt decided to guide me last year. Suddenly I turned towards the deen, gave up all music, fell in love with the Quran and started praying five times a day.

By His Mercy, i haven't stopped praying. but i now have a new problem. for quite a while now I've been watching a lot of political videos concerning the muslim world. I'm so disappointed with the events in Syria, Palestine, Afghanistan and Burma. I was very disappointed especially with the US pigs' backed Ethiopian invasion of somalia that had just established an islamic state. I was so pissed at the enemies of islam that the accursed devil suddenly poisened me with doubts regarding Allah. All of a sudden, I'm telling myself why is Allah letting all this happen. I shouldn't be asking these questions for Allah has promised victory to the believers but looking at Taliban and Somalia... I'm like, does Allah exist?
I know Allah exists. My brain is convinced. I know Quran is His word. but my heart is so so so sad..... Pls help me! tell me something that will soothe my heart. I know Allah is with us but I want to FEEL that He is with us.

Walaikum Ssalaam,

The only suggestion we give to a person under rehab is don't listen or go anywhere near the bad company. Similarly, Political videos should be the last thing one watches, these days. They are sensational at best. Honestly, watching political videos is like an appointment with Shaithaan. Disappointed most are, with political developments around world. Due to lack of effective leadership to handle real world problems, disappointed and hopeless masses flock to equally no-brainer entertainment, to escape reality. Is it not?
And news channels too spill out non-stop crisis. Stop watching in excess.

Rumi asked: "If you are irritated by every rub, how will you ever be polished?" . So why to seek every irritant one is allergic to? Its man-made situations, We cannot point fingers in one direction. Wrongs, are not fixed by more wrongs. A Good just action, is the solution and it results in lasting peace. And a Good Just action results from good thoughts. And good thoughts needs righteousness. And righteousness is the measure of Imaan.
Imaan is:
• Affirmation of the heart
• Speech of the tongue
• Actions of the limbs.
One cannot be a Mo’min until he possesses these three traits.

Abu Bakr al-Ismaa’elee said: "And they [Ahl us-Sunnah]say: Certainly, Imaan (faith) is speech (Qawl) and action('Amal) and acquaintance [Ma'rifah-meaning belief,knowledge]. It increases with obedience and decreases with disobedience. He whose obedience increases is more abundant in Imaan (faith) than the one who is less than him in obedience"

Brother, for now focus on Imaan. Imaan instills peace, harmony, solution framing mindset and sows a desire for good righteous deeds. Without a solution framing mindset, one cannot help change the world become a better place. Influencing the world to overcome hurdles, is only after influencing oneself.

And brother you tell me, when would you feel Allah is with you? When? The most important question is, are you with those who are just and do good OR with those who don't care and do injustice, thus spreading injustice, mischief among Allah's creation?

Please read, examine and bookmark these. Hopefully it will benefit you too:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,
Having doubts in Allah Almighty is natural resultant and one should avoid being too concerned about them. In fact, doubts and evil thoughts are a sign of one�s faith.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once a group of people came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: �We experience such evil thoughts that it is impossible to bring them on our lips.� The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �Do you really experience these thoughts? Yes, they replied. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �They are clear signs of faith.� (Sahih Muslim)

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Abbas (Allah have mercy on him) narrates that a Companion came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: �Sometimes I experience such thoughts that I would rather be reduced to charcoal than get them on my lips� (meaning that to speak of these thoughts was worse than burning in fire, m). The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �All praise is to Allah who restricted the devil�s designs to mere evil promptings.� (Sunan Abu Dawud)

The above two narrations cleary show that it is not unusual to have these evil thoughts neither is one more sinful or evil due to them. Even some Companions of the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) received these thoughts, as we have seen in the above narrations.

Therefore, one should not be worried on their account or feel sad and deterred, for these thoughts are signs of faith.

Some scholars have explained this by saying that a robber or thief only strikes at a place where he knows that there is wealth or money. He would not break into a place where there is no wealth. Similarly, when the devil (shaytan) whispers and puts these evil thoughts into anyone�s heart, then this shows that this person has the wealth of faith (iman) in his heart. If there was no wealth in that heart, Shaytan would have never entered it, thus one should not worry about these evil thoughts.

No sin on mere thoughts
It should also be remembered that one is not accountable for the evil thoughts that occur in the mind and heart as long as they remain thoughts.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �Verily Allah forgives my Ummah for the evil thoughts that occur in their hearts until they don�t say it verbally or act upon it.� (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

Therefore, one does not come out of the fold of Islam due to experiencing these evil thoughts, neither is there any sin., as long as one remains a believer with his heart, mouth and action.

What to do? When experiencing evil thoughts one should do the following:

1) Do not be worried about them, rather one should be happy, for the occurring of evil thoughts is a sign of faith. A saint said: �Shaytan can not tolerate a believer being happy, thus when he sees him being happy for receiving these thoughts, he stops from whispering them.�

2) When these thoughts come, one should occupy one�s self with something else. These thoughts will not disappear by simply desiring them to go, rather, one should get busy in some work or task.

3) One should seek Allah�s protection and refuge from the devil. Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �The devil (shaytan) comes to one of you and says: �Who created this? Who created that? Until he says: �Who created your Lord?� When one experiences this, one should seek Allah�s refuge and stop the matter there�. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

4) Recitation of the following verse from Surah al-mu�minun may be beneficial:

�Rabbi inni a�uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a�uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun�

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK

Brother, may your concerns for the crisis around world regardless of the religion, drive you to become a man of good deeds and action... Ameen

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum;

I'm telling myself why is Allah letting all this happen.
I shouldn't be asking these questions for Allah has promised victory to the believers but looking at Taliban and Somalia...
I'm like, does Allah exist?
Thank you for your DIRECT questions-
-Now let us ask ourselves Does it mean merely saying of prayers and give a recess to the former activities should be counted as a "true Muslim?"
clearly that 'does Allah exist? well ...we supplicate....as per Surat Al fatiha....and the answer as Per surat Albaqara Read verse 1 to 5. Now if a person put such a question in bold underlined; then which be the satisfactory answer more then Kuran?

Allah has promised victory to the believers

gentlemen/person

to this made me ask the Kuran being read; as far as i see in Surat:-

(23:1) Most certainly those Believers have attained true success (23:2) who perform their Salat with humility: (23:3) who refrain from vain things: (23:4) who spend their Zakat dues in appropriate ways: (23:5) who guard their private parts scrupulously, (23:6) except with regard to their wives and those women who are legally in their possession, for in that case they shall not be blame-worthy, (23:7) but those, who go beyond this (in lust for sexual desires), shall be transgressors: (23:8) who are true to their trusts and their promises: (23:9) and who strictly guard their Prayers. (23:10) These are the heirs (23:11) who will inherit Paradise and dwell therein for ever.

What Allah (Jala wa A'laa) meant by "Allah has promised victory to the believers"

Let us give our answer with references to Kuran Kareem - Hadith and Sunnat Rasulu Lllah (sala Llah aleyhi wa Salam.)

that will soothe my heart.

Kuran Kareem (By words and deeds)

asalaam aleykum.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Waliekumassalam warahmatullahi wabrakatu,

Allah Exalted says:

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.And do not say about those who are killed in the way of Allah , "They are dead." Rather, they are alive, but you perceive [it] not.And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return." Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided. [Al-Baqarah 153-157]

Khabbab bin Al-Aratt (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: We complained to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) regarding the persecution inflicted upon us by the disbelievers while he was lying in the shade of the Ka'bah, having made a pillow of his cloak. We submitted: "Why do you not supplicate for our prevalence (over the opponents)?". He (PBUH) replied, "Among those people before you, a man would be seized and held in a pit dug for him in the ground and he would be sawed into two halves from his head, and his flesh torn away from his bones with an iron comb; but, in spite of this, he would not wean away from his Faith. By Allah, Allah will bring this matter to its consummation until a rider will travel from San'a' to Hadramout fearing none except Allah, and except the wolf for his sheep, but you are in too much of a hurry". [Al-Bukhari]

Commentary:

Difficulties in the path of Faith do not come in any particular period. People devoted to their Deen have passed through trials and tribulations everywhere and in every age and have emerged purified as does the gold after passing through the furnace. So, it is unbecoming for a Muslim to be disturbed by hardships.

azmathmoosa

JazakAllah... so much for the 2nd quote. Truly, I thought those evil thoughts were a result of my underlying hypocrisy. Had I only known that the devil, accursed, plays such cunning tactics.

tic_tac_toe

Assalamu Alaikum,

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

Some of the most perplexing questions in life have the most simplest of explanations.

When you were younger and did something wrong did your mother punish you? Does that mean that she hated you or did she punish you for you to ponder over your actions and for you to change yourself so a "bigger calamity" won't befall you?

Secondly, Ummah is a team and the collective efforts of the "team" has an impact on the result? Do you honestly think that "team Ummah" has been collectively playing well (i.e. obeying :Allah: and His Rasool :saw:)? Whatever is our collective performance is what we are getting (in results).

Once if you grasp both simple points then "one of the solutions" is to give Dawah for people (individually and collectively) to change their lives.

:wasalam:

Idris16

Assalamu Alaikum,

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

Do you think Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) will give us victory when we do Shirk and bid`ah? We have bid`ah in our ideas, we have clear hypocrites and apostates in our Ummah, we have irja in our way of thinking, we have rawafidh claiming Islam, and we have the ideas of khawarij (those who consider MAJOR sins to be KUFR) in our Ummah. We have imams in our masjids with satanic-hypocritical way of thinking, they shave their beard and do not teach us Tawhid. How on earth do you expect Allah to bring victory to us? The biggest problem with our Ummah are the fake imams who are supposed to teach us the correct aqeedah, it's not hard to speak five minutes about aqeedah after every Salat.

The fools (fake imams) in our masjids think they are religious and they wonder why we listen to music and play football all the time, how dare they wonder about why the youths are doing these things when they do not mention what Allah said, what the Prophet said, and what the Scholars said? Had they mentioned proofs, maybe the youths would know music is haram.

How many times have I been asked - what is shirk? what is bid'ah? what is hisbah (hisbah not Hizb!) what is this and that??

Today we hear many things about the youths and youths and youths. Why not about the imams in our masjids and the PARENTS?

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“How many people have caused misery to their own children, the apples of their eyes, in this world and in the Hereafter, by neglecting them, not disciplining them, encouraging them to follow their whims and desires, thinking that they were honouring them when they were in fact humiliating them, that they were being merciful to them when in fact they were wronging them.

They have not benefited from having a child, and they have made the child lose his share in this world and in the Hereafter.

If you think about the corruption of children you will see that in most cases it is because of the parents.” [Tuhfat al-Mawlood, p. 146]