help me....hijab

seekingtruth2

salaam
I know this seems like I'm beating this issue into the ground but I am a new Muslim and please help me to understand properly...... so by islamic law hijab is not just covering the head but the face also so only the eyes show???Because there is not one Muslim woman in my mosque who covers her face!! Is this just a liberal standing then on hijab??? we are in the U.S. so are Muslims just liberal here versus elsewhere in the world?

Sister Nur

Assalamu Alaikum,

As mentioned in one of the previous posts, the covering of the hair/head/chest is fard, and wearing of the niqab or face veil is sunnah. I have considered wearing the niqab a few times, but it is certainly a decision that take time to make properly.

Ramadan Mubarak!

38khadj

:salam2: sister
:bismillah:
Inshallah you will be guided into making the right decision for yourself. when I
started to wear niqab it was about 4months after wearing my scarf and I have never looked back.
I wear the niqab firstly for the sole pleasure of Allah. With that comes many other benefits. I dont think I could wear it for any other reason like my husband telling me too as its not easy wearing at times as a new muslim I do get abuse sometimes but wearing it solely to please Allah takes away any hardships that may come.
When a person gets abused for wearing it Allah rewards Me Inshallah as I have done this to Please The Creator.
Inshallah sister Allah will guide you and the rest of the Ummah.
forgive me for any thing I might have said wrong or offeneded anybody.
:wasalam:

west

Salaam it is sunnah to cover the head but not the face.
I only know one person personally who wears niqaab (covering for the face). Wearing niqaab is a personal choice and it does not necessarily represent your belief

Taalibulquraan

Hijaab in islaam

:bismillah:
:salam2:

[Yusufali 24:31] And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands............

وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ
draw their veils over their bosoms

head covering is not in Qur'aan.

Fiamaanillah

Muhammed

ibnAbdullah87

Rulings derived from the Evidences on Hijaab

AUTHOR: Shaikh Zayd bin Muhammad Al-Madkhalee
SOURCE: His treatise "Wujoob Sitr-il-Wajhi wal-Kafayn"
PRODUCED BY: Al-Ibaanah.com

First: A clarification of the rulings that can be derived from the evidences on Hijaab, and they are as follows:

1. The obligation of the legislated Hijaab is definite and binding on all of the believing women, there being no room for lenience or negotiation with regard to abolishing it or belittling its status and its significance.

2. A clarification that the Prophet’s chaste wives and noble daughters serve as the best examples and most outstanding role models for all Muslim women when it comes to implementing the issue of Hijaab.

3. The prescribed Hijaab is that which covers a woman’s adornment, garments and all of her body, which includes the face and the hands.

4. The obligation of wearing the Hijaab on the Muslim woman consists of honoring her status, raising her rank, and protecting her dignity and personality. In fact it protects the whole society from the avenues of mischief and corruption appearing in it and the spreading of vile acts amongst its people and inhabitants.

5. A severe warning to the Muslim woman against her wearing that which will make the eyes of men look towards her or which will make their hearts incline to her or which will incite the causes of mischief. Such enticements include wearing perfumes and cosmetics. However she is permitted to wear these when she is in the presence of her husband or her male guardians according to the limits of the noble Religion.

6. There is nothing wrong with children, young boys and whoever else falls under their ruling, to enter into a woman’s presence due to the lack of there occurring any fitnah or danger from them, as is apparent from the Qur’aan.

7. The obligation of repenting to Allaah in general and to seek forgiveness for falling short of abiding by the Hijaab in particular, hoping for Allaah’s Contentment and Mercy, and desiring to attain success in both this world and the next life, acting on Allaah’s statement:

“And turn in repentance to Allaah, all of you, O believers, in order that you may be successful.” [Surah An-Noor: 31]

ibnAbdullah87

and also
The Hijaab must cover a woman’s entire body, based on Allaah’s statement: “O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the believing women to cast their jalaabeeb over themselves (i.e. their bodies).” [33:59]
the jilbaab is a long garment that is ample enough to cover the entire body for the head down so it also covers the hair.

masihuddin

Hijab

In hiw book NESSAGE OF YJE QURAN Muhammad Asad describes the attire of an Arab for a womans face to be veiled tribal woman before Islm of consisting of an ornamenyal head covering that hang down her back showing her hayr in the front ,a long tunic with a wide opening in the front allowing her breasts to be seen ,a skirt tied at thr waist and assorted jewelry
The Quran instructed the believing women to draw their head coverings over their bosoms(24;31)and to draw their outer garments over themselves (33;59)amodest manner of dressing for believing women
Muslim jurists later elaborated strict guidelines which however allowed the FACE ,hands and feet to show
There are differances of opinion about the need of a womans face to be veiled In western environment so long you have modest dressing that is hijab you are ok and need not cover the face to avoid becoming conspicous

masihuddin

Hijab

In his book NESSAGE OF THE QURAN Muhammad Asad describes the attire of an Arab tribal woman before Islam of consisting of an ornamenyal head covering that hang down her back showing her hair in the front ,a long tunic with a wide opening in the front allowing her breasts to be seen ,a skirt tied at thr waist and assorted jewelry
The Quran instructed the believing women to draw their head coverings over their bosoms(24;31)and to draw their outer garments over themselves (33;59)amodest manner of dressing for believing women
Muslim jurists later elaborated strict guidelines which however allowed the FACE ,hands and feet to show
There are differances of opinion about the need of a womans face to be veiled In western environment so long you have modest dressing that is hijab you are ok and need not cover the face to avoid becoming conspicous

ibnAbdullah87

the feet must be covered the hands may show and the majority of the scholar of today say that only the eye and hands can be shown, but i have been told that the postion of Shaykh Al-Albani (rahimahullah) is stronger and that the veil on the face is not wajib but it is liked and better for the women. But the feet are part of the womens arwah and should be covered. And it is known that the female companions used to wear the veil.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Salaam it is sunnah to cover the head but not the face.
I only know one person personally who wears niqaab (covering for the face). Wearing niqaab is a personal choice and it does not necessarily represent your belief

:salam2:

I just wanted to pointed out that the Salaf (pious predessesors) covered both their head and face, so it's not right to say that it's sunnah not to cover the face. I am so confused over this because sheik al-banee may have said that uncovering the face is allowed, but sheik bin bazz and other scholors who are prominant in thier fields have said otherwise. The only conclusion I have come to is that niqaab is the BEST sunnah but perhaps not required.
Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

yasmin623

To ibnabdullah87

Assalamualaikum...brother

`The obligation of wearing the Hijaab on the Muslim woman consists of honoring her status, raising her rank, and protecting her dignity and personality.`

I am afraid nowadays the revise is true in many countries, even in islamic countries with many non-muslims like Malaysia. Chinese muslim are not accepted even by their own families because of hijab. In China, born-muslim ladies who work in Xinjiang do not wear hijab because their boss said that whoever with hijab spoil the image of their team/company. In Japan, female converts admits that it is difficult to find a job with a hijab.

It is sad but it is true. And I am with my hijab simply because of the fear to Allah. I totally disagree with the statement above.

haile01

salaam
I know this seems like I'm beating this issue into the ground but I am a new Muslim and please help me to understand properly...... so by islamic law hijab is not just covering the head but the face also so only the eyes show???Because there is not one Muslim woman in my mosque who covers her face!! Is this just a liberal standing then on hijab??? we are in the U.S. so are Muslims just liberal here versus elsewhere in the world?

salaamu alaikum i am a a new muslim also and as far as i am aware, nikaab is not obligatory but highly reccomended. the prophet mohammed pbuh when asked what part of the body should be left on show he said the hands and the face.

fendi_ibrahim

Assalam-o-alaikoom....

I'm happy to hear that you have passion in wearing hijjab. Like others has explained. The highest level of hijab is totally covered, except the eyes. This is sunnah (practice by the wifes of prophet), which mean if you have inner strenght (iman,yaqeen, strong faith) to do it, so just do it. But once you covered all yourself, make sure you istiqomah....

The minimum hijab allow to show face and hands. Most of the time, this way would make easier for you to approach your family and friends. You wanna be muslim, until the last of your breath right? So, think wisely, and decide with the guidance from Allah...Make do'a always. Allah will show you the way.

wassalam....

ziad_1428

biqab is an abligation

o beloved sister,niqab is an abligation .it s not the hair the teptes men but the beatifull face.a woman should unveil her face in haj.whiwh means that she s got to cover it elsewhere.that s what the first mulim woman used to do.
dont be fooled by what (moder) muslim women do.they r not our ideals.
and allah knoew best

ziad_1428

biqab is an abligation***

o beloved sister,niqab is an abligation .it s not the hair the temptes men but the beatifull face.a woman should unveil her face in haj.which means that she s got to cover it elsewhere.that s what the first mulsim woman used to do.
dont be fooled by what (modern) muslim women do.they r not our ideals.
and allah knows best.