help me

alisenay

S.A dear sisters and brothers...
If someone knows and explain me , i want to ask a question what makes me think for a long time.
Yesterday i was looking at the Holly Koran. In english version and Russian version.
I was ssuprised that. In surah Baqarah, ayat 256. (2:256) ...
In english qoran (2:256) was in russian Qoran (2:255)
Shouldnt have been the same?
S.A
With selam and dua

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
walikom salaam brother,

Remember what you have in your hand is only a translation of Quran, its not the Quran it might be a typo or a mistake which is not a big deal but the Quran read in Arabic only, may Allah help you to learn and recite it in Arabic inshallah.

Inshallah you have a good translation, there is some time Ahmediyyah Quran distributed in Russia and other parts..

wa salaam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam,

Totally agree with bro MrMuslim there. It's expected that some translations would have errors in it because it's man-made and man-made things are never perfect. So it's really not advised to rely on the translation itself rather always go back to the Arabic text.

msameer

There is a slight difference about the numbering of Ayaths between scholars. There is a group that considers Bismillah as an Ayath and others do not. This could be a probable cause. And Allah knows better

almouchie

salam
i can only speak for myself
as i am an arab, i have a lot of trouble reading some books, even understanding many words in Quran, i have to revert to tfseer & at times ask my Sheik.
Even in my mother language(arabic) I struggle as many do, as our current spoken even written language is much different than what the arabs used to speak with.

I can only say that if anyone especially muslims willing to learn the Quran & islamic history,
it is essential that they contemplate learning the language(arabic)

as the lanaguage of Quran nearly loses a lot its 'holiness' for the lack of a better word, when it is not in arabic

my point being these translation can be verified to be completely accurate

best of luck for u 'alisenay' & inshallah u can learn it in arabic

bashaar

if the ayah is the same i wouldnt worry much about the number but if i were you i would try to find another translation to be sure.