help to convert.

amyco

Salam alakoom.
I have been researching Islam for a long time now, and have discovered what a beautiful religion it is. Before I had no religion although I was not an atheist. Now i have discovered Islam i just need a bit more help to revert! I don't know what exactly is stopping me, i have been told the devil...how can i fight this and convert to this new way of life.
Thankyou for your help.
Ma salaama.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Welcome !

Hello, :SMILY259:

:SMILY206: to the forum. It is wonderful to have you with us. Ask as many questions as you like, we all are here to help. There are a lot of revert brothers and sisters here on the forum so, feel at home.

Take care and keep writing :)

Asalaamalikum sister,

Welcome to the diverse community. Inshallah (God willing) you will find TTI a resourceful library.

Your will and desire to study Islam is from the guidance of the Creator. Reverting to Islam is pretty simple and requires you to say the shahada (declaration of faith):

La ilaha illa Allah wa-Muhammad rasul Allah.
(There is no god but God and Muhammad is the prophet of God)

It's good to do in front of others, such as in a masjid, but you can say it to yourself as well. We can't blame the devil for all our actions. Only you and Allah swt knows best. Be proactive and take initiative. Our emaan (faith) increases and decreases every day, so try to find good pious Muslim friends, constantly read the Quran, attend Islamic lectures and festivities, and stick around TTI :)

"Whoever is guided is only guided for his own Good and Whoever is mis-guided is only mis-guided to his Detriment" (10: 108)

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Hello Amyco!

I am delighted to know about your intentions of accepting Islam as your way of life.

I am not a knowledgable person, but will try my best to give you a few reasons as an encouragment.

Here is why Islam is best for you:

1 You worship ONE God who is the creator of everyone and all. It gives you a sense of freedom from everyone and everything else. You can feel this freedom after you accept him (Allah) as the only one, worthy of worship.

2 When you accept Islam, you accept the prophethood of all the prophets, from Adam to Noah, Abraham, Mosus Jesus and finally Muhammad peace be upon them all.

3 When you feel weakness in your soul, heart and mind, the remembrance of your creator is removing the darkness and confusion from your heart and mind and fills them with light, sense of direction and satisfation.

4 You find a purporse in life and then you know why you are here. Life is not purposeless anymore and just about eating, sleeping, waking, working...

5 It relates you not only to the rest of the humanity, but to the whole universe that surrounds you and can feel your existence among them.

6 When you bow to your Lord at the quietness of the night, when the world is asleep, you put your head on the ground before him, then you find peace and satisfaction which no wealth and joy of this world can give you.

7 Your every waking and sleeping moment is counted as a good deed in your record books as long as your intentions are pure and you are preparing for the day when there will be no other judge, but the ONE to whom belongs everything we think is ours.

8 Just as our body needs food and rest, our souls need reliance on the Creator. The restlessness of our souls go away only when we seek to get near to HIM.

There is so much that can be said, but I will suffice on how prophet Abraham explained his God and then prayed for HIS help:

"Who created me, then He has shown me the way:
And He Who gives me to eat and gives me to drink:

And when I am sick, then He restores me to health
And He Who will cause me to die, then give me life;

And Who, I hope, will forgive me my mistakes on the day of judgment.
My Lord: Grant me wisdom, and join me with the good

And ordain for me a goodly mention among posterity"

So I invite you to do the same what Abraham pbuh did and surrender to God, the one, the only, almighty and most merciful.

It is simple to surrender to him. Just say the following words and believe in it by heart:

La ilaha, illa Allah, Muhammadan Rasool Allah
(there is no God except Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of Allah)

And you will have become muslim.

By doing so, you are then always in direct contact with your creator without anyone's mediation.

I will pray for you

Peace

chaandani

Goofy Member
assalam alaikum!!!
when you convert, you will find peace that you hadn't known before. trust me, i know, i was an agnostic before i converted. :) inshallah you will know when you are ready to make the commitment. i wish all the best for you.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Welcome to TTI

I think the right person to ask would be the other reverts who there are plenty of on TTI.

Islam is simple. Start by grasping the basics and do the easy bits first .. the difficult bits will become easier.

Feel free to ask any Qs.

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

bro nothing can stop u except Yourself!

just say to ur self no more waiting!!!

All you have to do is say

Ash hadu Allah ilaha ila Allahu wa Ash hadu anna Muhammadan ar Rasoolilah

Say it sloooowly

I bare witnessthat Their is No God that is worthy of worship EXCEPT ALLAH

and that Mumammed is his final Messenger!!

thats it

If my transliteration is wrong can the mods please edit it to make it grammaticallly correct thank you!

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
bro nothing can stop u except Yourself!

Assalamualaikum,

Amyco is a Sister.

First of all, Welcome to this very beneficial and addictive site.

My prayers and duas are with you Sis. You have come so far to understand and realise that Islam is the true religion and worth embracing; the rest will definitley be a peace of cake seeing you have already done all your research.

A piece of advice to take home for you is that do not delay taking your Shahada, because as Muslims and humans we can not count on tomorrow or even later. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad :saw2: said that I do not if I am going to be alive in making my second salaam (the final act in prayer which denotes the completion of prayer) in prayer.

May Allah Ta'allah make this journey easy for you and may He guide us all onto the straight path Ameen.

Take care Sis. If you have any questions feel free to ask, although I am no scholar but I am sure there will be someone to answer your questions. Many learned and educated people here on TTI who have oceans of knowledge about their religion. They will be of help InshaAllah.

Wasalaam.

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Glad to hear you about that. Inshaalah may Allah clear things to your mind. I only advice you to ask for guidance to Allah (which is most of the people I've watch or read who reverted do the same thing when they are in doubt). The reason of your doubt is because there are some things that are'nt clear to you. That's why we had to ask questions and inshaallah may this site helps.

Salamualaikum

iqbal313

reverting to islam

dear, there is no need to tell anything to u about islam as u said u were researching on it. u said something is stopping u from embracing the faith. The cure for this lies with Allah only. He only can give Hidaya ie; to take someone into the fold of faith. Allah's messenger tried to make his uncle to pronounce shahadah but failed, Prophet Noah wanted very much his son to believe but could not make him a believer, Prophet Lot's wife did not accept faith. So it is not the external evidences and enocouragements that gives one the faith but it has to come from inside. A small correction i would like to make in ur understanding of islam is it is not just another religion, it is only true faith that has been there among human beings from the very beginning of humanity. The manual that came along with the intelligent machine called man. It is a code, rule, regulation to operate the bodily functions and mental exercises of all human beings, the way to conduct oneself, within himself, in the family, in the neighbourhood, in the country in the world in the biosphere and in the hereafter. It ensures total harmony of body, mind , environment, elements etc. The world is bound to have problems, sins,crimes to make the Judgement day relevant..so to have problems in our life we depart from the teachings of islam.. so brother it is up to u,, u have all the freedom to choose, the freedom given by ur Creator...Assalamu alaikum

ummersheriff

welcome to islam

dear sister welcome to islam, first of all let me say our islamic greetings ASSALAMU ALAIKKUM (MAY THE PEACE, MERCY AND BLESSINGS OF ALLAH BE PON U) from today onwards we all r with u as brothers and sisters...... surely the way of acceptance of life to ALLAH is ISLAM.:):salah::tti_sister:

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
dear, there is no need to tell anything to u about islam as u said u were researching on it. u said something is stopping u from embracing the faith. The cure for this lies with Allah only. He only can give Hidaya ie; to take someone into the fold of faith. Allah's messenger tried to make his uncle to pronounce shahadah but failed, Prophet Noah wanted very much his son to believe but could not make him a believer, Prophet Lot's wife did not accept faith. So it is not the external evidences and enocouragements that gives one the faith but it has to come from inside. A small correction i would like to make in ur understanding of islam is it is not just another religion, it is only true faith that has been there among human beings from the very beginning of humanity. The manual that came along with the intelligent machine called man. It is a code, rule, regulation to operate the bodily functions and mental exercises of all human beings, the way to conduct oneself, within himself, in the family, in the neighbourhood, in the country in the world in the biosphere and in the hereafter. It ensures total harmony of body, mind , environment, elements etc. The world is bound to have problems, sins,crimes to make the Judgement day relevant..so to have problems in our life we depart from the teachings of islam.. so brother it is up to u,, u have all the freedom to choose, the freedom given by ur Creator...Assalamu alaikum

MashaAllah! Very well said! Couldn't have been said better.

Wasalaam.

CallOfPeace

salam sister
Soul can have many diseases,eg:DOUBT,Arrogance,Pride,Depression,Selfeshness...etc,Islam has a remedy for each of them
What you have now is one of such soul-diseases,called:"LONG-HOPE" OR "DELAYING"disease
it's not an easy one to cure sister,& it has a very effective therapy,which is:(REMEMBERING THE MOMENT OF YOUR DEATH)
U KNOW EVERYTHING,U JST HAVE LONG HOPE THAT WHEN EVERY DAY PASSES ON U AS NONMUSLIM,U R STILL SURE THAT U'L STAY ALIVE FOR ANOTHER DAY,to have enough timeTO DECIDE!!WHO SAID SO?,SISTER?
I think one visit to an E.R.department of any hospital can give u a lesson,maybe more than 100 lectures from our side,most of the injured,sick,or dead people u may see there had smiled & laughed all last night infront of TV same as u,got a nice breakfast today morning same as u,but look what was hidden for them in the papers of FATE?!
Are you Immune against Fate,sister?
just decide,now,not later

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

hey ,brothers and sisters hold our guns.Amyco needs encoragement.

so first of all,i dont know much spanish except
ASTA LAVISTA ,BABY. Ummmm i guess This is better ASSALAAMUALIKUM SISTER. yes its better.alhamdullillah

so well sister you wanna convert .we cant convert you.sorry .why?
because you were born a muslim!
see the word muslim means someone ewho submits to the will of Allah <the One alone worthy of worship> {its pronounced with 'a' sound as in alone}

now think when you were born was it your will ...
no.
did you say i am not feeling like getting born .no .you just submitted to Allah's will.Allah the most High , Pure, Holy

now thinnk ur going to be born again ,free from all sin and ignorance .
our Creator saYs this in Quran <which means Speech,from Allah}

IS ONE WHOSE HEART ALLAH HAS OPENED TO ISLAM THE SAME AS THE HARD HEARTED,NO.

ANYWAYS TIMe for prayers, i have to say naamaaz ,iwill, i wll BE back .inshallah.tkcare.

al-muslimah

sister..any updates? hope ur still interested in islam:)
please if you have any doubts or questions..please ask..and inshallah sisters and brothers here will help and answer :)

Free Thinker

Salam alakoom.
I have been researching Islam for a long time now, and have discovered what a beautiful religion it is. Before I had no religion although I was not an atheist. Now i have discovered Islam i just need a bit more help to revert! I don't know what exactly is stopping me, i have been told the devil...how can i fight this and convert to this new way of life.
Thankyou for your help.
Ma salaama.

Just wondering, but what is it that you find so beautiful?

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
i can give u my best

asalamu alaykum
if you are ready to convert visit any masjid or talk to a muslim person if you can`t get both then you can say this ouloud. fist i`m gonna write in english and then in arabic pronounciation.
say: i seek refuge in Allah form satan the outcast.
say: in the name of Allah the merciful the most beneficent
sat: there is no god but Allah and muhammed is his messenger.

say: Aa`udu bilahi mina shaydhani rajiim.
say: bismilahi rahmani rahim.
say: ashhadu an la ilaha ilalah wa ashhadu ana muhammadu rasululah.

i hope it helps:):SMILY259: