Help translate from Arabic to English!?

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Wa Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

I listen to a tape about the al-fatiha, about non-arabic people not knowing what they say in their prayers, and I felt touched. He's right because I sometimes get distracted or just say them without understanding what I'm saying word for word. So I wonder if any of you arabic speaking brothers and sisters could help me translate these suras word for word. This will be in benefit for all non-Arabics.

Knowing what we say in prayer is one of the most important things, how do we no Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) accepts the prayers even if we pronunce the words correctly?

May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) give us All Jennah. Ameen

Al-Fatiha

Bismi-Llahi-r-Rahmani-r-Rahim

Al-hamdu-li-Llahi Rabbi-l-`alamin

Ar-Rahmani-r-Rahim

Maliki yawmi-d-din

Iyyaka na`budu wa 'iyyaka nasta`in

Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqima

Sirat alladhina 'an `amta `alayhim
Ghayri-l-maghdubi `alayhim wa la-d-daallin

A-Ikhlas
Qul huwa Allahu ahad
Allahu alssamad
Lam yalid walam yoolad
Walam yakun lahu kufuwan ahad

Al-Falaq
Qul audhu bi- rabb al- falaq
Min sharr maa khalaqa
Wa- min sharr ghaasiq 'idhaa waqaba
Wa- min sharr an- naffaathaat fe al- ouqad
Wa- min sharr h.aasid 'idhaa h.asada

Al-Nas.
Qul 'A'udhu bi-rabbin-nas
Malikin-Nas
Ilhahin-Nas
Min-Sharril-Waswasil-Khan-Nas
Al-Ladhi Yuwas-Wisu fee Sudurin-Nas
Mina Al-Jinnati Wan-Nas

Wa Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

khangul

your sister
:salam2:
brother as i give this link many times in this web site.inshallah u ll find
the glorious quran in many languages word by word.inshallah.
:tti_sister:

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
wa salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

I thank you all for the help, this puts me one step closer Allah:)

May Allah make life easier for you, Ameen!

wa salam alaikum wa rahmatullah

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salams brother ,
I use Quran reciter which you can down load here:www.shaplus.com
You can down load all the files they have.
If you put your mouse on the last surah's they translate word for word and you will be able to listen to it as well.
w/salam
Um Mustafa

pcozzy

:salam2:

If you want to take a well documented class in understanding the Quran in Arabic and English, I suggest to take a look at this website:

http://www.understandquran.com/courses/basic-course.html

They have tests and worksheets to solidify your understanding and a lot of aid material. Just click on the left sidebar tab for the language you prefer, I only reviewed the english section.

The course starts with invocations to a muslim and then in lesson 2 it goes and explains surah fatihah.

I like the way they have videos, worksheets, and powerpoint presentations.

I suggest you memorize to start and then later you will find how the information starts to become more felt. Most say don't memorize first, but they are suggestion applies to the Quran as a whole, not the first few surahs that you need to make prayers with. And besides you will be memorizing the meaning which is what they recommend to start with.

mashAllah, this website really impressed me and may Allah reward these brothers and sisters that put it together.

For transliteration which I think will make it harder for u in learning Arabic, http://www.transliteration.org/quran/home.htm

:wasalam:

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah!

Wow this site amazed me too, thank you pcozzy, may allah bring you peace and easy for you in this life and in the hereafter (the same goes to the rest of you).

I bought an Arabic Qur'an with the intent of learning Arabic. This site you pointed me to is a great headstart, it will indeed help make my salaat more powerful and get me closer to Allah (subhana wa ta a'la).

I deeply hope (inshallah) other non-Arabic brothers and sisters check out this site as well, we must know what we say otherwise it will only be empty words uttered with no meanings whatsoever.

Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah!