Help!

Jalila_mustafa

:salam2:
Does Any One Knw Where I Can Find A English Translation Of The Nikka (nikah)
I Need To Know:
What are the vows taken at a Islamic marriage ceremonie?
Before Monday! My Coursework Is Due Den.
:wasalam: :blackhijab:

somewhatinspired

well

to be honest, i was just married here in the us

the the imam didn't do much. he just wrote down the dowry agreement prior, and asked us the basic questions like are you sure this is the one. you realize this is forever, and all that. and bam we were married with two witnesses present. i assume he recorded the dowry in case there was a dispute.

he told us that when we got around to it we should file for marriage at the courthouse.

thats all i can say

AishaR

Sis Jalila

Is there something you have not told me!!! Hope you are going to invite me!!

:wasalam:

Jalila_mustafa

to be honest, i was just married here in the us

the the imam didn't do much. he just wrote down the dowry agreement prior, and asked us the basic questions like are you sure this is the one. you realize this is forever, and all that. and bam we were married with two witnesses present. i assume he recorded the dowry in case there was a dispute.

he told us that when we got around to it we should file for marriage at the courthouse.

thats all i can say
:jazaak:
So Did the Iman Not Make You Say Anything, Dident Yu Have To Repeat Anything.
Salaaam!

amyaishazouaoui

It goes like this (well it did with me)

you wanna marry him???? yeah sure

Your wanna marry her??? yeah sure

Are you sure........ your married!!!!!

amyaishazouaoui

:LOL: we dont know what we did when we got married......"yeah we just said somethin"... it actually worries me as I had this piece of paper which i trustingly signed, it was all in arabic. I could have signed anything. Nowadays Id have been like...what i aint singing that, I dont know wha it says.

Now I always read the small print and then some!!

AishaR

Everything was done in Arabic & english but I really cant remember what was said. I had just taken my shahadah so I was a little emotional :shymuslima1:

visionusman

being content
The islamic nikah is very different from the christain marriage (thankfully). There are no vows that need to be repeated at the time. All the imaam is supposed to do is clarify the following :
1. Whether the bride's wali has also consented. This is meant to provide additional support to the woman/girl. The reasons for this are quite a few.
2. Also determine ofcourse whether the groom and the bride have consented to the marriage and that they do so without any intimidation.
3. that the dowry is settled and undisputed
4. That at least two witnesses are present (of good character)

The problem with vows is that they are often forgotten or broken, hence the need for renewal. In islam we always live by a code. The code is so exhaustive tat it can not be elaborated at each ceremony. The imaam of course usually also prays for the couple and delivers a short khutbah. This can vary from imaam to imaam and it is best if the khutbah that the Prophet SAW used to deliver on such occasions is recited. Also of course the same duas as he made for the couple should be made.

Jalila_mustafa

The islamic nikah is very different from the christain marriage (thankfully). There are no vows that need to be repeated at the time. All the imaam is supposed to do is clarify the following :
1. Whether the bride's wali has also consented. This is meant to provide additional support to the woman/girl. The reasons for this are quite a few.
2. Also determine ofcourse whether the groom and the bride have consented to the marriage and that they do so without any intimidation.

The problem with vows is that they are often forgotten or broken, hence the need for renewal. In islam we always live by a code. The code is so exhaustive tat it can not be elaborated at each ceremony. The imaam of course usually also prays for the couple and delivers a short khutbah. This can vary from imaam to imaam and it is best if the khutbah that the Prophet SAW used to deliver on such occasions is recited. Also of course the same duas as he made for the couple should be made.
Thank Yuu:blackhijab:

Jalila_mustafa

:blackhijab: