HELP!!!

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

I have a tiny problem I was willing you brothers and sisters can answer. Is hell fire scary. I mean I know it will be painful but im not sure if its scary. The thing is, I have watched a movie that was extremly scary and after that movie, I thought about hell fire and for the first time in my life, it didn't seem scary at all. But then I got scared and thought that i might change into a very bad muslim so I tryed to remember the punishments in hell fire and then they scared me so now im okay. But i want to know if it is scary. I mean, when I was watching that movie, I told myself that I rather die then be scared. So if that was really happening to me, I would rather wish to die then be scared. And now I keep on thinking about that movie and feel very scared. Tell me if hell fire is scary!!!! So i can think about it more than that lame movie. Please!!!!!

:shymuslima1:

nori suja'i

wa'alaikoom salam,

i too used to feel scared before after our religious teacher told us about qiamah n the descriptions of hell, but that was long time ago. here i'll give u the du'a which i recite everyday after daily prayers.
i kept the du'a too long in my heart already until i forgot where i got it from. either from someone or from The Holy Qur'an Itself.

The Du'a:'Allah humma robbana ateena fid dunya hasanah
wafeel akheeraatee hasanah
waqeena adhzabaannarr'.

Means: Oh Allah pls keep me save in this world
and keep me save in the next world (akheerah)
also avoid me from the torture of hell.

Ameen.

muslimummah

Just a brother
:wasalam:

The true nature of hellfire is unknown to us but we were given some glimpses of its nature in Quran & Hadith. One thing for sure is that the lightest punishment from hellfire will be much much more worse than the worst punishment of earth. And death will cease to exist.

We should strive to be the best muslim we can and make du'a to Allah Subhana Ta'ala to save the punishment from hell fire.

Below is a brief description:
What is JAHANNAM (HELL): A BRIEF DESCRIPTION

1. Hell is so deep that if a stone were to be thrown into, it would travel for 70 years to reaching at the bottom.

2. The breadth of each of the four walls around Hell is equivalent to a distance covered by a walking journey of 40 years.

3. Hell has 7 gates.

4. Hell had been lit for one thousand years until its flames became red. Again it was heated for another thousand years till its colour became white. Still again it was burnt for further thousand years and its white color flames turned pitch black.

5. Even the most fierce fire of this world is 70 fold cooler than the fire of Hell.

6. The lightest punishment in Hell would be the wearing of " Fiery shoes" which would cause one's brain to boil.

7. Hell in infested with venomous donkeys and if they were to bite a person then he or she will suffer pain for 40 years.

8. For food, the dweller of Hell would be given Zaqqum which is a prickly tree, so bitter, that even if a single molecule of it were to spill onto this earth it would make all the foodstuff of the world bitter and unpalatable.

9. For drinking, the denizen of Hell would be provided with hot, boiling pus mixed with blood, matter, urine and tears etc. of the dwellers of Hell. If a bucket of this foul liquid were to be splashed over this earth, the entire world would be upset and disrupted by its most foul stink.

10. Boiling water would be poured over Jahannami's head and this will cause their internal organs to melt and leak out through their feet.

11.The inmates of Hell would be lashed with heavy clubs of iron. If one such club was to be placed upon this earth, the combined strength of all the human beings, as well as all the Jinns, would fail to lift it; and if a mountain is struck with one of these clubs it would cause the whole mountain to disintegrate.

12. The dwellers of Hell would be burnt daily for 70 thousand times. Every time, after the skin and flesh is burnt, they would be restored to life so that they can continuously taste this punishment.

13. A drunkard will be given blood, pus, sweat, filth, etc. to drink in hell.

14. All the haughty people will be gathered in the Hereafter and driven towards Hell but their bodies would be reduced to the size of ants and they will be given to consume the excretions of the dwellers of Hell.

15. Some sinners would be made to climb " SAUD " which is a mountain of fire in Hell, and then dropped from its peak and this process would continue forever and ever.

16. The dwellers of Hell would be pound in chains which would be greater in length than the distance between the sky and the earth.

17. The clothes of sinners in Hell would be highly inflammable.

18. Beside physical torture, the dwellers of Hell would also be subjected to mental harassment through the taunting by the guardian of Hell who will remind them of their misdeed on earth and remarks "Now taste the fire" etc.

19. The sinners and disbelievers would be humiliated to such an extent that besides their revolting ugliness and pitch black faces, their upper lips would be touching their foreheads and the lower lip dangling around the navel.

20. The dwellers of Hell would weep so much and shed so much of tears and blood that furrows would be formed on their cheeks.

21. The tongues of Hell-inmates would be so long and protruding from there mouths that others would trample and step on them.

22. Shayateen will also rebuke the denizens of Hell.

23. The dwellers of Hell would display their rage and fury on those who led them astray.

24. The inhabitants of Hell would appeal to the guardians of Jahannam to intercede on their behalf in the court of Allah but their pleas would reject. They would make direct supplication to Allah but their prayers would not be granted.

25. They will then abide forever in Hell, continuously lamenting and braying like asses (jungle animals).

O ALLAH ! SAVE US, OUR PARENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS AND RELATIVES AS WELL AS THE READERS AND THEIR FAMILIES AND DECEASED RELATIVES FROM THE PUNISHMENT OF JAHANNAM, AND GRANT US ALLTHE HIGH STATIONS OF JANNAH WITHOUT RECKONING. AMEEN ! IF IT WAS NOT ALLAH'S EXALTED RAHAM AND KARAM WHERE WILL WE SINNERS GO.

safiya58

Cehennem is more scarry and painful than anything other we can imagine! Question: who can ever overtake Allah the All- Mighty in something? (astagfirullah) No one of coure. and also not in punishing.... in hell there will not only be physical pain the inhabitants have to suffer but also hummiliation! Allah is Al Rahman and All Rahim. No doubt. but Allah is also the All Just and the Avenger of those who were treaten unjustly by others.
I read a true storry about death.... it was about a man who didn´t care about religion and was to engaged with the world. Even his daughter and wife was begging him to repent he confused..then he got very sick and death came near to him. it is maybe because he saw the angels of death he started to scream out loud: "don´t leave me to them, help me..." He was screaming and fighting, but the others around him, his family, could not see or hear anyone... they was shocked .... and the man died this way.......

my advise to you is try ur best to be a good muslim but not because of the fear of hell or the desire for cennet but only for the LOVE to Allah. Cuz Allah has got so much mercy on us and blessed us with so many things we can not even count and has prepared for us paradise. We get from Him much more we deserve. we just owe Him to be thankful. focus on the beauty of Allah...

hellbraker

I have a tiny problem I was willing you brothers and sisters can answer. Is hell fire scary. I mean I know it will be painful but im not sure if its scary. The thing is, I have watched a movie that was extremly scary and after that movie, I thought about hell fire and for the first time in my life, it didn't seem scary at all. But then I got scared and thought that i might change into a very bad muslim so I tryed to remember the punishments in hell fire and then they scared me so now im okay. But i want to know if it is scary. I mean, when I was watching that movie, I told myself that I rather die then be scared. So if that was really happening to me, I would rather wish to die then be scared. And now I keep on thinking about that movie and feel very scared. Tell me if hell fire is scary!!!! So i can think about it more than that lame movie. Please!!!!!

If you got scared by a Movie,and would like to watch another scary movie relating to the works of shaithan (Satan),I would suggest watching "The Exorcist"(Not suitable for minors and for those easily offended).It is an old movie(1973).And I promise you,i wont watch it again.It scared me a lot,but then you have to ask yourself,does this actually happen?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exorcist_(film)

ahmed3711

salamou alekoum sister

I think also you got to think about the beauty of paradise and the description of it you will feel comfort because allah is merciful so when you love someone (i mean allah ) i think inshalla by the willing of him he will have the same feelings towards you.think in both in his merciful first you will try to be better and better always because of your love to him also to reach the highest levels in paradise inshalla and also think in his punishment to try to be as much good as you can this is my point of view

salamou alekoum to all

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
As salaam alaikum Sister Muslim Gurl

Don't be scared of the Hellfire. As long as you continue to do what's right with Allah and in Islam, you will not need to worry.

Remember, Islam is a beautiful and peaceful religion.

I have a feeling that you must be a recent convert/revert to Islam, correct?

Wa alaikim salaam wrwb

No, im not a convert to islam. :hijabi: I am just very curious and want to know a lot about islam because im still very young.

a_stranger

fear of hell

I believe that fear of hell should clearify all the dark spots within our hearts: arrogance, envy, hate, vain desires, greed,.........etc and leave hearts clear full with all good feelings ......everything in Islam is meant for wisdom ......to be scared is not a goal of Islam but to be pure is the goal.
:salah:

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

No matter how big or hot the fire in this life, It is nothing compared to Hell fire..

Imagine Having 10 suns in our galaxy, each is bigger than the other, Still Hell fire is much more greater. Imagine all of the galaxies we know of, including the planets and moons and stars gathered in one huge burning planet.. Thats hell fire.

I read once that Hell fire started about 10 or 40 thousand years before the creation of Adam. So go figure.

Also we muslims know that in hell fire you get burnt slowly untill there's nothing left in your body to be burned, then Allah creates you new flesh and bones, then you get burnt agian over and over and over.. For Kafirs it lasts forever, and for muslim sinners untill Allah's willing to get them out of it and into Jannah.

I also read that once a kafir is thrown in Hell fire it will take him 40 falls (years) to reach the bottom of it.

This is just a hint on how Hell fire is like..

So if your asking is it scary, It is Scary as hell.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

The true nature of hellfire is unknown to us but we were given some glimpses of its nature in Quran & Hadith. One thing for sure is that the lightest punishment from hellfire will be much much more worse than the worst punishment of earth. And death will cease to exist.

We should strive to be the best muslim we can and make du'a to Allah Subhana Ta'ala to save the punishment from hell fire.

Below is a brief description:
What is JAHANNAM (HELL): A BRIEF DESCRIPTION

1. Hell is so deep that if a stone were to be thrown into, it would travel for 70 years to reaching at the bottom.

2. The breadth of each of the four walls around Hell is equivalent to a distance covered by a walking journey of 40 years.

3. Hell has 7 gates.

4. Hell had been lit for one thousand years until its flames became red. Again it was heated for another thousand years till its colour became white. Still again it was burnt for further thousand years and its white color flames turned pitch black.

5. Even the most fierce fire of this world is 70 fold cooler than the fire of Hell.

6. The lightest punishment in Hell would be the wearing of " Fiery shoes" which would cause one's brain to boil.

7. Hell in infested with venomous donkeys and if they were to bite a person then he or she will suffer pain for 40 years.

8. For food, the dweller of Hell would be given Zaqqum which is a prickly tree, so bitter, that even if a single molecule of it were to spill onto this earth it would make all the foodstuff of the world bitter and unpalatable.

9. For drinking, the denizen of Hell would be provided with hot, boiling pus mixed with blood, matter, urine and tears etc. of the dwellers of Hell. If a bucket of this foul liquid were to be splashed over this earth, the entire world would be upset and disrupted by its most foul stink.

10. Boiling water would be poured over Jahannami's head and this will cause their internal organs to melt and leak out through their feet.

11.The inmates of Hell would be lashed with heavy clubs of iron. If one such club was to be placed upon this earth, the combined strength of all the human beings, as well as all the Jinns, would fail to lift it; and if a mountain is struck with one of these clubs it would cause the whole mountain to disintegrate.

12. The dwellers of Hell would be burnt daily for 70 thousand times. Every time, after the skin and flesh is burnt, they would be restored to life so that they can continuously taste this punishment.

13. A drunkard will be given blood, pus, sweat, filth, etc. to drink in hell.

14. All the haughty people will be gathered in the Hereafter and driven towards Hell but their bodies would be reduced to the size of ants and they will be given to consume the excretions of the dwellers of Hell.

15. Some sinners would be made to climb " SAUD " which is a mountain of fire in Hell, and then dropped from its peak and this process would continue forever and ever.

16. The dwellers of Hell would be pound in chains which would be greater in length than the distance between the sky and the earth.

17. The clothes of sinners in Hell would be highly inflammable.

18. Beside physical torture, the dwellers of Hell would also be subjected to mental harassment through the taunting by the guardian of Hell who will remind them of their misdeed on earth and remarks "Now taste the fire" etc.

19. The sinners and disbelievers would be humiliated to such an extent that besides their revolting ugliness and pitch black faces, their upper lips would be touching their foreheads and the lower lip dangling around the navel.

20. The dwellers of Hell would weep so much and shed so much of tears and blood that furrows would be formed on their cheeks.

21. The tongues of Hell-inmates would be so long and protruding from there mouths that others would trample and step on them.

22. Shayateen will also rebuke the denizens of Hell.

23. The dwellers of Hell would display their rage and fury on those who led them astray.

24. The inhabitants of Hell would appeal to the guardians of Jahannam to intercede on their behalf in the court of Allah but their pleas would reject. They would make direct supplication to Allah but their prayers would not be granted.

25. They will then abide forever in Hell, continuously lamenting and braying like asses (jungle animals).

O ALLAH ! SAVE US, OUR PARENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS AND RELATIVES AS WELL AS THE READERS AND THEIR FAMILIES AND DECEASED RELATIVES FROM THE PUNISHMENT OF JAHANNAM, AND GRANT US ALLTHE HIGH STATIONS OF JANNAH WITHOUT RECKONING. AMEEN ! IF IT WAS NOT ALLAH'S EXALTED RAHAM AND KARAM WHERE WILL WE SINNERS GO.[/QUO
.......................oh sister seeing your post about hell...i was shocked ...i never knew such things bout hell....i knew some but not all...sister i am so realy scared ...i feel that we'll allah realy forgive from which we were sinning from past our child hoo???????????
ALLAH IS TOO MERCIFULLL ...TOOOOOOOOOO VERY MERIFULL ..........OH ALLAH SAVE US ALL ..ALL THE BELIVERS AMEEN :tti_sister:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
What does 15 billion years mean to you?
nothing. (when world started) this is a worthless piece of information to you, becuase you just can't imagine it! its difficult, although it is a very long time.

Now relate this to your question and there you go.
:salam2: hope you got my point

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Lol, what movie was it? Don't be afraid, tell us which it was and make you see it for what it is.

I did the same see? When I was about 11 years old and I watched an 18 rated horror film (...like proper scary stuff at the time) couldnt sleep without disturbances for about a month lol :rolleyes:

And the movie (whichever one it was) is very 'lame' you're right ...man I feel bad for you, shoulda shut your eyes tight or something :(

..see I was watching the movie with my friends so I refused to even squeak :redface: But it did make me think about hell fire and it was the reason I began to pray fajr salah, something I couldnt do before the fright, then I read somewhere that Hell is beyond the scope of human comprehension ..then I really freaked out!

So if the believer is touched with something bad then theres always something good to learn from it.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Just think about it ,when you see the fire ,will you not run from it ?of course you will .When you burn your finger isnt it that hurt .?..
If your house is burning will you not try to save yourself ,you will do everything possible to escape ,in very short time ,fire can burn everything very fast ...Allah has given us a long life and a chance to be saved from the eternal fire ...Then why in this life people are so afraid of the fire ,they run away from it in horror ,but why people are not afraid of Hell fire ,they dont think about it ,...

waaleikum salam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

We muslims eventually go to Heaven BUT some muslims will get to go to hell first then to Heave( May Allah save us from the Hellfire). But do we even one a short taste of the Hellfire.

As posted by our beloved brother Abdul Musair , " The inhabitants of Hellfire breath painfully and if they breath on us on earth, the whole house will get burned" . This thing enough will scare you....

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

man, i don't even wanna think about how jahannam is. it sounds like one of those SAW OR TEXAS CHAINSAW MOVIES. just tell me what i need to do to avoid that place. it's really scary i'm gonna pray :salah: that i don't go there.

i got scared too when i watched scary movie 4......doc phil was so scary when he cut his OTHER leg!..

the person i get most scared when watching tv is condoleeza rice.......

cmelbouzaidi

i got scared too when i watched scary movie 4......doc phil was so scary when he cut his OTHER leg!..

the person i get most scared when watching tv is condoleeza rice.......

condoleeza rice, now that's scary :) she sounds like she hisses like some serpent and her eyes look like those of one not to be trusted....

i like a_stranger's answer.

Jazak Allahu Khair, it is good to be reminded of Hellfire that we need to strive to avoid by being true Muslims :)

cmelbouzaidi

I believe that fear of hell should clearify all the dark spots within our hearts: arrogance, envy, hate, vain desires, greed,.........etc and leave hearts clear full with all good feelings ......everything in Islam is meant for wisdom ......to be scared is not a goal of Islam but to be pure is the goal.
:salah:

Jazak Allahu Khair, enlightening response :)

mrshazzi786

Yes, hell fire is scary... that's why scholars say that if someone had seen hell fire with their own two eyes... they wouldn't want even the worst of Allah swt's creation to enter hell as it is a volatile, horrific place... and also one way to keep your faith strong and not to commit bad sins etc. is to remind yourself of the torments, punishments etc of hell and also think about the non muslims who have not yet accepted the truth "Islam" and what sort of punishment is in store for them.