Help

revix

Assalamu Aleikum,

I have started a discussion with Mr. Suhaib Webb(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suhaib_Webb) about some things I don´t agree in his web-site. It´s my personal opinion. I don´t agree with anyone who spread sufi ideas among us.

He said that in one email:

"why don't we take the moderate approach of Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah who divided the Sufi's into three camps:

1. Those Sufis upon the sunna
2. Those who made acts of innovation that did not take them out of Islam
3. Those who left Islam because of their mistakes in creed and innovations

About the first group he said, "They are the best worshipers of Allah." [see risalah al-Fuqara pg. 2]. Why don't we exercise the balance of Ibn al-Qayyim [ra] who quotes people like al-Junaid, Sufyan, and others. In other words, weigh tasawwuf with the Shari'ah and not vice versa.

Is this true? Did he write that?
Are the sufis who are upon the sunna the best worshipers of Allah?

Thanks a lot.

TOn

Salem9022

Assalamu Aleikum,

I have started a discussion with Mr. Suhaib Webb(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suhaib_Webb) about some things I don´t agree in his web-site. It´s my personal opinion. I don´t agree with anyone who spread sufi ideas among us.

"why don't we take the moderate approach of Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah who divided the Sufi's into three camps:

About the first group he said, "They are the best worshipers of Allah." [see risalah al-Fuqara pg. 2]. Why don't we exercise the balance of Ibn al-Qayyim [ra] who quotes people like al-Junaid, Sufyan, and others. In other words, weigh tasawwuf with the Shari'ah and not vice versa.

Thanks a lot.

TOn

we cant compare the soufies of thousands of years ago to the soufies of today. All false religions including soufism develops in its natural process over time. Things get added and deleted and are subject to changes from different Soufi Priests and head Leaders every century. so his assumption is Incorrect.

Our job is to call people to the Quran and sunnah in the understanding of the salaf as saleh, if anyone calls to other then that they are in a false religion, we dont compromise our religion for false paganistic teachings like that of Soufism or other isms in the world. If people don't accept it then we warn people from them and stay away from least they would effect us and our families of these false beliefs.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamu Aleikum,

Thanks a lot.

TOn

yes. Suhaib Webb has spoke the truth and he is correct. The sufis are those who do zikir to Allah. But a lot of sufis nowadays dont do things upon the sunnah and the term sufis is nowadays associated with bad things.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

Sufis were good people - they were the ones that actually told people about Islam and taught it.

Also you have to also understand that Ibn Taymiyyah is not the only approach to it. There are also many other scholars which we dont hear about mostly.

peace