Help!

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
:salam2:

I work in a public school, so all the holidays especially chrismas and valentines day...etc are celebrated with such enthusiam and the staff and students love to just share gifts and so much candy. Anyway, fortunately I was sick the day Valentines day was celebrated in the school and everyone was exchanging candy and cards. However, the students in my class saved candy for me and the kids would remind me everyday not to forget my bag, so I finally picked up the bag full of candy yesterday. My question is can I eat the candy since it's not valentines day now or is it still not good for me to eat it since it was for valentines day?

p.s. All this candy is just sooooo tempting but I still haven't touched any of it. please advice me ASAP!

aSmileAday

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi dear sis,
Well, I don't really know the answer to your question, I just wanted to acknowledge the self control you have Alhamdolillah!!!! Especially if it was chocolate...mmm.......But that is kinda long time to keep candy laying around...............

arzafar

since you're a teacher, you may take the kids to a poor neighborhood (or poor children in the class/school etc) and distribute the stuff that was gifted to you (add some more stuff from if thee original isnt much). Then tell them that Muslims (you) don't celebrate V day but that charity is loved by God.

or maybe you can mail the box to me. :SMILY149:

Um Ibrahim

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi dear sis,
Well, I don't really know the answer to your question, I just wanted to acknowledge the self control you have Alhamdolillah!!!! Especially if it was chocolate...mmm.......But that is kinda long time to keep candy laying around...............

I find myself just gazing at it sometimes lol, I really love all sorts of sweet stuff especially chocolate. InshaAllah i'll just give it to all the good students.

believer4life

soul searching...
Random off topic occurence that has to do with valentines-day: ironically enough the ONLY person who gave me a valentines day card and candy is a muslim girl

Um Ibrahim

Random off topic occurence that has to do with valentines-day: ironically enough the ONLY person who gave me a valentines day card and candy is a muslim girl

SubhanaAllah that's just sad, really. May Allah protect us from ignorance.