help

johnson123

Assalaamu alaykum, hello.
my name is john.
ive got a problem and i hope i can get some advise from this islamic comunity.
my problem i want to be a muslim, but to me, it kinda seems impossible. im 14, so im young enough to be doubted if i say i want to be revert. my nearest mosque is quite far away. i know enough about islam to know it is the right religion for me, but following it is hard. i dont want to tell my parents yet. so required aspects of islam like upholding the five pillars is extremely difficult. id really appreciate some advise on what to do. :)

trudi

hello, john, i am a mum of four and recently reverted to Islam and even i have had family doubt me, Insh, Allah you will find lots of answers on tti, it has helped me a lot even if you dont leave comments its a great world of knowledge just to read what other brothers and sisters write... and it is a great place to ask questions, because the knowledge that is on here is great, as Allah says always seek knowledge, i hope you find all you need and when you are ready you will tell your family but your right to gain as much knowledge as you can, i wish you well and welcome to Islam .... trudi...

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum John,

I'm 14 years old too and trust me my life has totally swapped from what I used to be. I'll tell you a snip of my past life - never used to care about this life let alone what would happen to me once I'm dead, and because of my ignorance let's just say it was a messed up life. Well now, I have an aim in life, to serve Allah alone. Not only has Islam helped me with the blessed life I have now, but I actually have my meaning to life...

Even I used to think the 5 pillars were heavy to keep as a daily part of life but by Allah's mercy it's only 5! I mean come on we should be glad it's not like 100 lol!

Zakah - to give charity ... 2% of your incoming money a year. Easy? Check!

Hajj - to go Hajj of course ... A beautiful experience to serve Allah. Amazing? Check!

Shahada - Your declaration of faith... A blessing? Check check check!

Fasting - 30 days of fasting ... To try out how the life of the needy is... A sweet honor to understand other people for example some Africans who don't have food, you could experience poverty even though you're not poor... A pleasure? Check!

Salah - "I pray 5 times a day"! Well here's the part most people don't care about honestly but trust me if I can do it you can do it.. No seriously I'm absolutely lazy -.-
But praying is such a peaceful part of life it just soothes your heart and just takes a teeny amount of time of your life..

I know I sound like I'm explaining the 5 pillars of Islam but I'm just trying to affirm that it's not as hard as you think it is

As for your parents, let's just say I secretly have to wear hijab at school and put my trust in Allah that my parents don't find out.. Just remember you must obey your parents even if they don't like your decision - yup there's no slamming the door and saying "IT'S MY LIFE K!" Lol!

Hope I helped you even the slightest bit, that's what we brothers and sisters are here for :)

World Peace

Islam is Light
Peace be upon you brother Jonson123

Welcome to TTI. Do not worry brother, put your trust in God (Allah), Allah is with you, he will help you through. Life is full of trials and tests, and it is important to remain strong in faith. You have been given a tremendous blessing, may Allah guide you to his straight path and enlighten your heart.

It seems that there are difficulties which you feel might hinder you from becoming Muslim. These will be overcome by the will of Allah. Anyone can become a Muslim, and whatever age. And one does not need permission to become one. Regarding the Mosque, as it is far away, you can still say the declaration of faith (the Shahadah), and still become a Muslim. You can be helped in pronouncing it by a brother from this Forum if accept Islam.

Regarding your parents, it is important to continue to treat them with love, mercy, and patience. Allah commanded to be kind to them. Respect and obey them in any reasonable request that does not go against the teachings of Islam. So be on your best behaviour with your father/mother, Show care and love in your dealings with them everyday, and try your best to fulfil their dream for you of success in your education and career.

Allah says in the Holy Quran:

"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour."(The Holy Quran , Al-Isra, Chapter 17, Verse 23)

"We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did."(The Holy Quran, Al-Ankaboot, Chapter 29, Verse 8)

"And We have enjoined on man (to be good) to his parents: in travail upon travail did his mother bear him, and in years twain was his weaning: (hear the command), "Show gratitude to Me and to thy parents: to Me is (thy final) Goal."
"But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), and follow the way of those who turn to me (in love): in the end the return of you all is to Me, and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did." ( The Holy Quran , Luqman, Chapter 31, Verse 14-15)

"And even if thou hast to turn away from them in pursuit of the Mercy from thy Lord which thou dost expect, yet speak to them a word of easy kindness." ( The Holy Quran , Al-Isra, Chapter 17, Verse 28)

----------------------

If you wish to keep your reversion to Islam unknown to your parents, it is understandable, and you can let them know when you are ready. You may use the time to strengthen your own faith. To continue your best to learn about Islam, and learning and doing your prayers the best you can. Learn about Allah, get to know Him through his 99 names and attributes, read the Holy Quran, follow Allah’s messenger (read about his life), and learn and apply Allah’s commands and prohibitions. Try to avoid drinking, drinking/parties, and having a relationship with the opposite gender. etc. Try to be with good people/friends. Do you have Muslim friends in School/college? They may help. If not, your brothers and sisters of this forum are happy to help you. You can continue to learn from here.

Your situation is very much like the situation of many early Muslims in Makkah. They had to go through a lot of hardship to practice their faith. But, in sha’ Allah, there is a great reward and blessing waiting for you. Muzammil Siddiqi.

You should work to develop an Islamic personality—one that is honest, generous, forgiving, hard-working, etc. If you do this, your parents should notice a positive change in you and later, when you choose to tell them that you have been Muslim for some time, you can tell them that your improved personality is a result of your Islam. That should certainly reduce their objections. Ælfwine Mischler.

If your parents find out before or mistreat you (do not panic), Continue to show how much you love and respect them. Try not to become angry, always try to speak gently. It may be difficult at first, but things will get easier in sha Allah.

Remember that one of the best forms of da`wah (inviting people to Islam) is through your example. If you act in the way of Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) and with mercy and patience, they will see the real Islam through you, through your Moral, your words, your deeds, your actions, and may change through you.

Talk to Allah; ask him for support, aid and guidance, and for the guidance of your parents. We will pray for you.

If you need any help or have any questions, let us know. We are happy to help.

----------------------

Allah says in The Holy Quran

"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way." (The Holy Quran, Al-Baqara, Chapter 2, Verse 186)

"Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of allah. for allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. " (The Holy Quran, Az-Zumar, Chapter 39, Verse 53)

"Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (The Holy Quran, Al-Baqara, Chapter 2, Verse 227)

"Verily this Qur'an doth guide to that which is most right (or stable), and giveth the Glad Tidings to the Believers who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a magnificent reward" (The Holy Quran , Al-Isra, Chapter 17, Verse 9)

"Those who do wish for the (things of) the Hereafter, and strive therefor with all due striving, and have Faith,- they are the ones whose striving is acceptable" (The Holy Quran , Al-Isra, Chapter 17, Verse 19)

"Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do." (The Holy Quran , Al-ankaboot, Chapter 29, Verse 45)

Discover the Truth about Islam
http://www.theradiantlight.blogspot.com/

Islam Religion
http://www.islamreligion.com/

Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him
http://www.rasoulallah.net/

World Peace

Islam is Light
Asalam aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato sister unaca

Welcome to TTI. Its a useful website for learning Islam, and everyone is helpful.

Wasalam aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
my name is john.
my problem i want to be a muslim, but to me, it kinda seems impossible. im 14, so im young enough to be doubted if i say i want to be revert. my nearest mosque is quite far away. i know enough about islam to know it is the right religion for me, but following it is hard. i dont want to tell my parents yet. so required aspects of islam like upholding the five pillars is extremely difficult. id really appreciate some advise on what to do. :)

Salam alaykum/Peace with you my little brother in Islam;

if you want to be muslim it is enough at first you say shahada in your mind - Allah is your witness. You don´t need to tell it to your parents if you feel you can´t. When you start to practice islam and its pillars, take them easy; nobody waits youy understand everything at the first day. Be mercy to yourself with this; also to many sisters using hijab takes years, why not to brothers too to understand meaning of islam.

your sis...

auroran

:salam2:

Pray to Allaah subhaana wa ta'aala for ease as I will be doing so insha' Allaah.

brmm

my name is john.

Assalm Alaikom,
Mashallah, we are proud to have you on TTI forum.
Since you already know the 5 pillars of Islam, then we do not need to say much.
Let us start by what is important:

No1. To say the shahada with yourself and accept Islam.
No.2. Start doing your prayers 5 times a day. If you have your own room it should not be difficult.
((sometimes, Muslmi people do their prayers in a hall or a general place if there was no mosque, maybe you can contact the nearby mosque and ask them if there is such a place around you))
No.3. Fasting during Ramadhan month. If your family does not sit together for breakfast/lunch then you can try to make it.
((Just be aware that the time for prayers and fasting could be difficult in the north of Europe and north America, so do what you can afford to do, I mean even if you need to go by Mecca time instead of your local time, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ))
No.4. :For money giving (Zakat) you need to have an income and saving from this income to give some of it at the end of the year. I guess you are not involved with this for now.
What you can do is to do or say good thing instead to get the hasanat inshallah. Like you can call your trustful friends to Islam, or do some volunteer work.
No.5. Doing Hajj (Pilgrimage) inshallah Allah will give a long life to do it, and you will as long as you wish to do it.

Last advice for now:just be sure to follow the way of Mecca's/Madina's Muslim because they are always right.
Be sure to highly respect your parents always.

Pls ask us if you have any question.

Allah bless you inshallah and welcome again brother.

BRMM

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Do Not Wait To Turn To Islam.

my name is john.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To all my brothers and sisters
in Islam.

Greeting!
Hi!
Hello John.

Welcome To TTI.
Glad to have you with us,

In your situasion,
I would suggest you to
First contact (call or visit)
the Islamic Religious centre near where you are.

Second say your shahadah
(witness the oneness of Allah swt and the prophet is Allah swt messenger)
There Is No God But Allah
And
The Prophet Muhammad Is Allah Messenger.

Three.
Proceed in to get help from them to get you involved in religious class
on line or personaly.

Forth.
Gather knowledge in Islam as much as you can.

Fifth.
:ma:
You will be smarter and knowledgeable in no time.
Insya'allah.

Allah swt Is God of the universes
We are all descended from The Prophet Adam a.s and Lady Hawa.

So get going
Do Not Wait.
Please update us.

All The Best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF44y0pkMZI&feature=related
[yt]tF44y0pkMZI[/yt]
Take care!

~Wassalam :)

Wannabemuslim

Im thirteen and i reverted recently, i think we have a few issues in common ie struggles non muslim school ect, ask questions here the people are very patient, as i will tell every new member