Hi

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Hi again!

I have a question that Christians told me that Muslims will have no response to: Did Muhammed really marry Aisha when she was 9 years old???????!!!!!!

Oh how sweet of them, to assume something just like that*Smile*. And to taunt others when they don't reads there books to see whats therein. I'll try my best to answer Inshaa'Allaah. But there is some advice for you that I'll add in the end. Please pay attention to it.

Alright so about mother ayesha. The answer is as simple as 'yes!'. This actually answers what you asked, but since you are not a muslim, you'll probably think WHAT!! (judging from the amount of ? and ! at the end of your question*Smile*).

So I'll dive into answering you WHAT!! before you type so.

There are a number of excellent threads here that discuss this issue. you can use the search bar if you are used to heavy reads. I'll only ask you some questions.

a)How old was repunzul, snow white, sleeping beauty and cinderella when they were married? The books I read said they were 15. How old is the same repunzul in the cartoon movie "tangeled? Can you see the difference of age within a time span of 15 years or less. You may say these are just fairy tales, but tales just express our state of mind. Back then, people were fine with girls getting married at 15, now, she's tooo young to marry at 15. so the minimum age is shifted to 18 within 10-15 years.

Go back 1400 years. Would the society 'actually' care what age their kids marry? 15 is too young for us but not for older people, in next ten year 18 would be too young. Why? because of the complications in the culture and society.

b)I talk about complications. Do girls in repunzels tale had to worry about education? school, college, uni? Did they hav jobs worries? was feeding and looking after the kids a problem? no! is it all different now? Of course. go back 1400 years ago and judge them by their scale, their culture and their social problems and complications.

Girls right now 'have' to worry about education, girls back then didn't, girls today have to deal with house chores and kids all by themselves, girls back then didn't. Aisha may Allah be pleased with her had a servant, The prophet of Allaah :saw:married sawdah may Allaah be pleased with her to look after the house as Aisha was too young to do that alone. Can a man provide all these things now?

c) About Social problems, the Pre-Islamic arabia was no different then a jungle. A father feared for his dignity the moment a daughter born, not because he had a problem with double X chromosome but because of the evils of the society. The usual practice was to bury them alive! Fathers married their girls as soon as they reached puberty to protect them. A virgin girl is more prone to attacks compared to a girls whose married. The attacker may overcome his fear of her father or brother but husband. . .That's totally different thing.

d) The prophet of Allaah:saw: didn't do anything against what he taught.

e) He didn't force her to marry her. It was another woman who told him to send the proposal. It was accepted by Aishaa's(May Allaah be pleased with her) father.

f) She lived for about 50 years after the prophet:saw: died. We have thousands of prophetic narrations on her authority. Not a SINGLE indicates her having problem with her marriage to the prophet:saw: of Allaah. Who are we to say this was injust when she herself is telling us how absolutely wonderful the prophet of Allaah was to her. She used to give his example to the muslim men, teaching them on marriage issues. Had she had a problem, would she spent 50 years of her life to keep the prophet's sunnah alive?

g) How did she feel about it all? Since this was common practice. She saw girls marrying at her age of younger than her age, it's natural she didn't felt like "the odd one out".

i) This also was to show that marrying younger girls was permissible. Was it important? Yes. In Africa, there are countries where the live expectancy is only 30 years, if these people are to wait for the age of 18, 15 or even 13think again, there would be no more 'them' after the second generation. They'd die out too fast.

Imaam shafee lived about 200 years after the prophet:saw: and he said he saw girls in yemen who were grandmothers at the age of 20. Age is no big deal! it's never been a big deal until only recently. Even now, for many countries it's not a big deal at Alllll!
If your Christians thought we'd shy away from it and reject it-when it's present in the authentic ahadeeth-like they do with their bible. They just had another thought coming ^_^.

Also I suggest you really give this thread a read.

Another question: Say that I am officially a Muslim because my parents were, so If I converted to any other religion they would kill me?!

!!!

Wouldn't the punishment for treachery be death in many cases? So, simple answer, yes! if you live in a country ruled by sharee'ah, and you announced it clearly and then accept it in the court that you've apostated, you are done! Remember this is only for countries/states run by sharee'ah. No country is run by 100% sharee'ah these days, so I don't really see it happening.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Okay thanks.

But I am actually losing faith in Islam, when I read what people say about Muhammed or when I see how Islam sometimes in the Quran asks to kill non believers.

I am crying atm, I don't know what the truth is, and I have searched everywhere and I still don't know, HELP!

I'm really sorry! May Allaah help you out of this misery.

My advice that I promised is this:

your doubts are justified and your questions genuine but it'll be better to check and understand the basics before you confuse yourself with the complicated issues. I understood about killing the apostates and Aishaa's marriage only recently. It took more than 10 years for me to geta hold of these things.

These are not the issues that you'll be facing sooner or later, you are not about to marry a 9 year old, it's not obligatoy. And you are not about to punish an apostate. What matters is your 'core' belief, the basics! In Islaam the belief and actions are going decided your ticket to hell or heaven.

See how much you understand about Oness of Allaah? how much you get the Finality of the prophet of Allaah:saw:, and to be fair to Christainty how much do you get of Jesus being son of God (naudhubillah). you need to have some grounds to stand on, find that first.

Here's a brief list of what we believe in:

We muslims believe in One Allaah with no partner in any form, and that the prophet of Allaah is final messanger, We believe all the prophet's before him were innocent and pure and they preached the same message as him. Solomon was no idolator, neither was Ibraheem, Loot never had illegal relations with his daughters, and David never took someone else girl; they were all pure all innocents.

We believe in the unseen creation of angels made of light and devils made of fire. We believe in hell and heaven, with no intercessor except our deeds and repentance and those whom Allaah allow. We believe in life after death. We believe in love and peace. We believe in all humans being equal, no beauty is better than the beast and no wealthy is better than the poor. If one is better that's only due to his piety.
I pray that Allaah eases the path for you and guides you to the truth. I ask Allaah to give you satisfaction of the truth quickly.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
there is no penalty for apostate in islam.

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

Akhi you need to read the Quraan:

They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah. But if they turn away(from islaam), then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper. [4:89]

It's a command of Allaah as understood by the prophet of Allaah :saw: (I can quote the hadeeth of bukhari if you wish), His comapnions and those who followed them. And there is shamed in believing in the accepting the commands of Allaah.

Klassik

Banned
Some good answers there, I will watch the videos later though.

But the image of paradise in Quran is different from that in the Bible. In the Quran, it says that we will have virgin women and so...what about women themselves?!

And about the apostacy, why is it really even applied? Did Muhammed really kill those who left Islam at that time?

Why did Muhammed fight in wars?

abdul-aziz

Some good answers there, I will watch the videos later though.

But the image of paradise in Quran is different from that in the Bible. In the Quran, it says that we will have virgin women and so...what about women themselves?!

And about the apostacy, why is it really even applied? Did Muhammed really kill those who left Islam at that time?

:salam2:

The videos I posted do answer your question, and I feel these questions are not something that should be answered right now. Not because I don't know but rather because they would not make sense unless you understand Christianity. Which the videos I posted discuss completely.

interestingly enough, the first video I posted had no dislikes but after I posted it, it did. I think listening to the last 3 I posted will give you the understanding you are looking for.
:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

I don't know much about the christian paradise. All I know about it is that it is a place where anyone can go, be it the one who rapes or kills or robs, as long as they believe Jesus being the son of God will intercede for them, because he died for these sins of theirs. Anyone can go and they don't need to repent of show or feel bad about their bad deeds.

Yes men will have virgin beautiful women, The Quraan says they are like scattered pearls.

As for women:
1) No one knows the creation better than the creator himself. He knows women are materialistic and men are womanistic. Special gift for man= beautiful virgin women. special gift for women=gold and jewels.

2) She will have an eternal life with her husband if she was married to him and he made it to paradise with her. She will be the Queen of the women of paradise, they'll be her servants.

3) Paradise is a place where you can get anything. Anything! If a woman (virgin)wants a good companion, she'll have just as she asks for.

4) The Quraan also mentions male sevants, beautiful and young. They too are described as scattered pearls. A woman in paradise may not need any other guy after them.

Why is it applied? I thought the video answered it. In Islaam, the religion is a deen (way of life) and it itself is a state. It rules you and tells you how to go about the place. When one turns away from the Islaam, he turns against the state itself. The Islamic state ceases to exist if Islaam ceases to be practiced. A person apostating is weakening the state. It's treated like "treason" and rebellion against the state. Even today in most countries "treason" is punished by death.

I suggest you listen to that video again. It actually answers all these questions of yours.

Same reason as Moses did. To protect his people, their homes and children. They were torture for 10 years in Makkah. When they migrated to Madina they were attacked many times and battles of Badr, uhud, ditch, etc took place. The prophet:saw: mostly Defended himself. When He attacked the Makkah people, not a single person was killed and all those who killed the muslims and tortured them. Attacked them every now and then, and drove them out of their houses were forgiven, their lands, homes, property and children untouched. Do you have a finer example, anywhere in the history where the victor treats his enemies with this much of mercy?

Search for the "the victory of Makkah" or the battle of Makkah at TTI. I'm sure you'll find the complete story somewhere. Almost everyone in Makkah, during the 10 years and later in medina (13 years) and then after the victory of Makkah accepted islam because of the Prophet of Allah's :saw: response to their violence and hate with mercy and forgivness, especially when he had an upper hand on them. He wasn't just holding a sword in one hand and QUraan in the other waging wars against people as the christians like to say.

complex_man

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

Akhi you need to read the Quraan:

They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah. But if they turn away(from islaam), then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper. [4:89]

It's a command of Allaah as understood by the prophet of Allaah :saw: (I can quote the hadeeth of bukhari if you wish), His comapnions and those who followed them. And there is shamed in believing in the accepting the commands of Allaah.

:salam2: ukhti this ayat is applicable only on those who make treason or fight against muslims. it is not for only apostasy. read the ayats before and after it.

here is the video of a muslims brother who explains why there is no death penalty for apostasy and also i can provide the lecture of zakir naik supporting this claim also.

another argument is that at that time it was necessary to do fight against those who became non Muslims because it was beginning of islam ( and those who became non muslims also tried to propagate their agenda and harm islam directly) if muslims let them turn ways there was fear that islam wont establish it's roots. now it is no required any more.

[yt]Q_oKXh2oy8E[/yt]

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Hi,
Welcome back dear.I too,have experienced the same things as you have.Alhamdulillah it's over now for good inshaAllah.
The enemies of Islam have taken a stance of slandering the character of beloved Prophet :saw: when they cant find anything wrong in the doctrines of Islam.Dear,the things which these people say,not staunchest even enemies of Islam like Abu Jahl,Abu Lahab and company, at the time of beloved Prophet :saw: used to say.Even they called Prophet :saw: al amin (the honest one) as-sadiq(the truthful one).Those statements and so called criticism that they post is their self created filth of mind using a few of the things in Qur'an and seerah.They have little knowledge of background of the events behind their happenings and even if they do,they hide it.Why?So that they can spread myths about Islam and hinder people from accepting it.They have little knowledge of arbic or even dont have any knowledge of arabic but stick to translations,how could they even qualify as critics when they have not even studied Islam in the orignal language in order to crticise it.
I would advice you to read the seerah(biography) of the prophet :saw: by the name of "Sealed nectar".
About mother Aisha(r.a.a),let me tell you this was a marriage due to revelation from Allah,He was shown ummi Aisha(r.aa) in a dream and it was an order of Allah and muslims have to obey Allah's order.It was an act of obediance of Allah's order.Also mother Aisha(ra.a) was a great scholar of Islam and a narrator of many hadiths related to many Islamic fiqhi issues like acts of worshipping and other important acts related to day to day life.She was of inquisitive nature and her marriage at an early age to the prophet( :saw: ) helped her in learning many things about Islam and from her many people learnt about Islam.This certainly is a blessing and we muslims are indebted to mother Aisha(ra.a) for so many narrations.

Killing in Islam.
Islam is a religion of peace.Not all human beings are peaceful,some are arrogant ,some spread mischief on earth,some oppress others.There have been many non muslims who fight in wars.The ww1 and ww2 was all about non muslims fighting amngst themselves.If the attack muslim country and spread mischeif,should muslim not defen themselves.BTW interesting fact ,the person who killed the most number of people in the world was a Buddhist!His name was Ashoka.Islam came as a liberator for humanity.It came as a liberator for the oppressed people.The fighting prescribed in Islam is an act of liberation rather than oppression.That is why the flag of fighting was "Iqaab" or"punishment",it is punishment for the oppressors people and savior of the oppressed people.Fighting has been prescribed for us,it is an act of liberation,even though some of us might not like it,but Allah says there might be a thing which we don't like but there is good in it.Allah knows and we know not.
Although there is a verse in Qur'an I am sure you must have read"Whoever kills a soul unjustly is as if he killed the whole HUMANITY,whoever saves the life of a soul is as if HE has saved the whole humanity."This speaks volume about Islam.It's a religion of peace,justice and equality.
About killing apostate.
This issue has been debted a lot amongts scholars,there is difference of opinion althogh a lot of people agree yes,an apostate is to be killed.It is incase he/she spreads corruption on earth after there apostacy,this is major agreement.I dont know much about it,so I will refrain from commenting on it.Interesting fact a companion at the time of prophet :saw: had apostated in immigration to Abyssyinia,he was'nt killed but he died natural death.The christians buried him but they found him out of his grave even after being buried,they thought muslims did it,but muslims denied it.

About paradise.
I love thinking about paradise!
We humans have bothe spritual and physical needs.Allah created paradise for us so that we might get anything what our innerselves desire.But the moment of immense joy which is uncomparable to anything wll be the joy experienced by believers when they meet Allah in heaven.Allah will talk to each of them,SubhanAllah,may we be one of them.Ameen.This feeling of joy cannot be related to any other feeling.It is above the realm of feelings,it's indescribable.The christians have many issue to sort out and according to them someone committed sucide so that their sins could be forgiven and they could go to heaven.In Islam we "earn" heaven through Allah's mercy and forgiveness and our deeds.

I would advice you to study Qur'an and seerah in detail before coming to any conclusion.If you listen to crtics ,know that they lack any background knowledge and hardly have studied Qur'an in depth.Learn from those who have spent their lives studying about Islam and Qur'an.Learn from the scholars of Islam,who will provide you with background knowledge and facts.If you have any queries you can always ask the scholars or post here.We will try ot help you inshaAllah.
May Allah guide you and help you.Ameen.
tata.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: ukhti this ayat is applicable only on those who make treason or fight against muslims. it is not for only apostasy. read the ayats before and after it.

here is the video of a muslims brother who explains why there is no death penalty for apostasy and also i can provide the lecture of zakir naik supporting this claim also.

another argument is that at that time it was necessary to do fight against those who became non Muslims because it was beginning of islam ( and those who became non muslims also tried to propagate their agenda and harm islam directly) if muslims let them turn ways there was fear that islam wont establish it's roots. now it is no required any more.

[yt]Q_oKXh2oy8E[/yt]

Wasalamaoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I havent heard that video yet, but the hadeeth of bukhari, it is evident that they are to be killed because by apostating you have commited treason already. You should listen to the first few minutes of Abu Ameena Bilal Philips lecture I shared above. He explains it well and makes it very clear.

If I were to take the opinion you shared, that'll go counter to the shaheeh ahadeeth which say apostasy is punished by death.

Al-Bukhaari (6922) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever changes his religion, put him to death.”
Al-Bukhaari (6484) and Muslim (1676) narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a previously-married person who commits zina; and one who leaves his religion and separates from the main body of the Muslims.”

However, there may be an ikhtilaaf on this issue and I may not be awared of it, But all the scholars I've heard agree [till now] that apostasy is punished by death. Where I've got great respect for uncle Naik, he's a Da'ee and I prefer to take rulings from people who are specialist in this specific field i.e A learned scholar.

strive-may-i

May you find truth , while in the wordly journey...

Hi, I am new to this forum.

As you see, I am undecided.
I believe in God.
But still don't know which is a better religion.

I joined in quest of seeking some answers to Islam. Please, Someone convinces me to joining this religion. I have many questions which I need an answer to.

Hopefully, I will be active on here and will be glad to speak with you. Thanks for reading.

PS - I am not saying where am I from or what is my official religion.

Okay thanks.

.................when I read what people say about Muhammed or when I see how Islam sometimes in the Quran asks to kill non believers.

I am crying atm, I don't know what the truth is, and I have searched everywhere and I still don't know, HELP!

We believe we are also, just from where you are ......since you too have absolute belief in God, We are seeking truth and divine Guidance!!!!

Trust God, seek his guidance, be sincere to that inner voice in you, seek nothing but truth. slowly but surely you will be able to handle this journey and see clarity, because, Almighty knows to enlighten the path for a true seeker, to reduce the burden in a true soul.....

Be courageous to stick to the truth you see, because its a matter between you and your creator, I chorus with rest here, we are all on same journey...

May you make peace and tranquility with mission here,
so that your hereafter is filled with peace and tranquility ... Aameen!

P.S: We here, are glad to be of some use, in your life's journey..

ipanda

To be honest with you, I search for the real faith as well. I would humbly remind you that you don't have to ask others to convince you that their faith/religion is the right path. Just ask the muslim brothers and sisters here and elsewhere to teach you about Islam without trying to convince you. Their part should be limited to just spreading the word of Allah as spoken in the Quran and leave the decision to you. Remember its hard for alll your answers to be answered but you can always look and inshallah, you will find the answer that will rest your heart soon enough. By the way, as you search for the true path, search with a true heart yourself. Have no fear and look for all your options.

Klassik

Banned
I'm more confused right now, I read all what you said.

About the Aisha issue, okay I understood this matter.

About the apostates, how can the Quran say "No compulsion in religion" and 4:87 in says: "do not take them as friends until they emigrate in the cause of allah. if they refuse, seize them and kill them where ever you find them..."

Isn't this contradiction??

PS - I will watch the videos right now, abdul-aziz.

misalat

hi.... as read your post there is something i concluded, that you are getting answers from those who were taught in the wrong way - christians. all christian leaders are thought islam in a wrong context, they take part of islam and twist it and teach to their christian students. in islam we don't teach our students christian or other religion.
so my advice is if you are willing to learn about ISLAM? Pls learn it from the educated muslims ONLY ... STOP getting answers to your questions from other than EDUCATED muslim Schollars! this is very dangerous to your search of the TRUTH.... Pls stop it, i fear you might never arrive into the truth.
how can you ask questions and expect good answer from one who is ignorant?

misalat

About the apostates, how can the Quran say "No compulsion in religion" and 4:87 in says: "do not take them as friends until they emigrate in the cause of allah. if they refuse, seize them and kill them where ever you find them..."

it has never been found any contradiction in the Quran ever even by those who want to twist it .... the verses of the Holy are inter related and translate one another, for you to understand you must read the whole chapter or othe chapters that explain more in the same subject. also we must read the reason and situations why and when it was revealed. you can find this from the authentic Ahadith if you can not find in the Holy Quran for example ...

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Hi, there is no contradiction
the verse is
""They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.Qur'an(4:89)

If you read the verse before it,it's talking about hypocrites.They want believers to be disbelievers and wanted them to be together in hellfire so as to say.Now,if they wish for believers to be in hellfire for eternity,is far more worse then a few of them who cause this great fitna being eliminated.Is'nt it evil that they invite us to hellfire and wish for us to be in hellfire,so as to speak?Is'nt it better for saving the believers from eternal doom ?Persecution is worse than killing.
Now if you read the next verse it says
"Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them."Qur'an(4:90)
Now this verse clearly tells us whom to fight and whom to be at peace with.Indeed,there is no compulsion in religion.
Also ,I would like to share with you a couple of verses from the Qur'an which have state clearly ::

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.
Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.(60:8-9)

In the end I would like to reiterate that fighting in Islam is only a means of liberation of mankind from slavery of their desires and slavery from hellfire.Allah sent the last message for the whole world,so that it should be saved.Allah sent Qur'an as a bearer of glad tiding and as a warning.It is because of His Mercy and love that He sent it.
I would also like to tell you,fighting is'nt the only thing in Islam.Islam is the most philanthropic religion in the world.It tells us to deal kindly with human beings and animals.Prophet :saw: said "Have mercy on those on earth,so that One in heaven might have mercy on you."(Tirmidhi)
Islam tells us to take care of poor,orphan,downtrodden,help those in need,help the oppressed,the sick and be merciful.Islam tells us to be kind to your parents,love and respect them and obey them except if they ask you to disobey Allah ,even then treat them with love and kindness.Islam tells us to be kind to our family,love and respect them and give them their rights.Islam tells us to love our neighbours,be kind to them and take care f them,no matter they are muslims or non muslims.Islam tells us to be just,peaceful,humble,grateful ,patient.Islam tells us to fear none but the One True God,Allah and to be fearless otherwise.Though enemies of Islam often supprezss these things.They are very much in Islam.Islam isn't a collection of random philosophical ramblings,it's not just talking the talk,it's walking the walk.
May Allh help you and guide you.Ameen.

Klassik

Banned
Allahu Akbar, I watched this video of Yusuf Estes, and I actually cried, I really did. I was like I wanted to bend for God, and I did pray for God like the Islamic prayers. This is amazing.

Eventually, It looks like Islam is the truth, HOWEVER, I still have many concerns about this religion...I will search more and more. Accordingly, I will still have to ask some questions. AND THANK YOU ALL!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Alhumdulillah! one knot is untied!

Simply, no.

I hope that you've heard the video I shared. I see that brother Dawaah has shared the very same video.

As for Baqara 256, this was the initial source of my confusion of the matter too, I'll try to explain what I have learned from trusted scholars. This verse is not about anyone entering and leaving Islaam as they please, Its about Dawah (calling other to Islaam) and how to we deal with non muslims. The complete verse is:

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing. [baqara:256]

While explaining the hadeeth I quoted above the death for apostates part was explained as:

"Third, the one who abandons his deen, and separates himself from the community". This hadith is in both the sahihs (most authentic books of hadeeth) i.e bukhari and muslim.
Islam doesn't compel anyone to enter the deen. This concept needs to be firmly established. Islam doesn't compel anyone (by a gun point or a sword or by blackmailing etc) to enter the deen. No. There is no compelsion in religion (baqara 256) But rather we preach Islam in truth, mercy, properity, and humility. whoever says after preaching-and call to Islam, "No, I will not enter this religion." We say to him, "There is no compulsion in religion.Truth stands out clear from the error'' (Baqara 256). We recite the saying of the Al mighty Allah, "Let him who will believe, and let him who will disbelieve"( Quran 18:29). And we recite the saying of Allah Almigy," You have your religion and I have my religion" (Quraan 109:6). Beautiful! This is after Dawaah (call to Islaam) and preaching.
But. . .

If he enters Islam on his own free will and choice, he doesn't have the right to leave the religion of Allah whenever he wants, to shake the foundations of Muslim society. No, he doesn't have the right. Absolutely not! But he does have the right, after having (islam) preached to him, to say," I will enter" or I will not enter this religion." But to enter it,just to leave it whenever he wants? No. This is something which is unacceptable in the religion of Almighty Allaah. Show me a constitution anywhere on earth which grants this for its citizens. But rather whoever comes out against constitution of any nation is accused of treason. Everyone familiar with treason knows that the penalty is death. So what do you think about the one who betrays the religion of Allah Almighty, The one who betrays Allaah and His messenger? "O ye who believe! Do no betray Allaah and His messenger, nor knowingly betray your trusts (Quran 8:27)

This is Sheikh Muhammad hasan's explaination.(the unbold bits are my additions)

In short, When you are entering Islaam, you enter it seriously and absolutely, It's not a game! To make sure no body takes it as a game a harsh punishment is legislated.

Second, The one entering Islaam is accepting it as deen and a constitution, once you leave Islaam, you turn against the constitution, which is equal to treason, which is equal to death in an Islamic constitution. In Islamic constitution "Allah is one and Muhammad :saw: is the last messenger"(Islam is a deen not religion, remember?), no one will force you to accept it, but if you accept it, then turn your back on it and you are, in an Islaamic state, you or I are to be punished by death. May Allah protect us from sucha mistake.

Third, Once you enter Islaam, this makes the Muslim community happy and their faith increases, When you leave it and openly announce it, it depresses or saddens the Muslim community. By depressing them you have tried to weaken the foundation the community, This in itself is cheating and treason. This way of weakening the muslims was used by jews during the prophet's :saw: time, they would revert to Islam and then away and then back and than away. This distured and depressed the Muslims. To stop this game death penalty was announced as a punishment. NO ONE is allowed to mess with state i.e Islam, like this to weaken it. This kind of mind game is still in action. You can check out a thread by sister kakarot exposing fake muslims on youtube! This mind game CANNOT be played in a shariah ruled country because the tyrant fears for his life.

Fourth, Non muslims in an islamic state are not forced out of their religion or religious practices.

I believe the matter has been discussed enough, and your question has been addressed, answered and explained.We do as Allaah asks us to do, we obey Him without question,we obey Him in this matter because we see the above mentioned wisdom behind it. If you have any more question please make a thread in appropriate subforum Inshaa'Allah ( i.e in Islamic discussion or TurnToIslam Lounge forum).

May Allaah aid you in your journey to the truth.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Allahu Akbar, I watched this video of Yusuf Estes, and I actually cried, I really did. I was like I wanted to bend for God, and I did pray for God like the Islamic prayers. This is amazing.

Eventually, It looks like Islam is the truth, HOWEVER, I still have many concerns about this religion...I will search more and more. Accordingly, I will still have to ask some questions. AND THANK YOU ALL!!

Klassic! My Brother! you just put a BIG smile on my face ^_^, Thanks for that!

Allahu Akbar! I'm listening to this sheikh's lecture like right now! Sobhan'Allaah, what a coincidence!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Thanks brothers and sisters! :D

Ashadu anla Ilaha Ila Allah wa anna Muhammadan rassul Allah
:)

*GASPS* Mabroook! Ya Akhi!!. Welcome to The Largest Family= The Muslim Ummah!

Oh Allaaah! I'm so happy, I think I have to pray!

Hope you don't mind this *Smile*

Alhumdulillah! Allah willed it and you said the shahadah.