hijab and me

I thought wearing a hijab was going to be a challenge for me and that I might struggle but its been the 2 years and I haven't looked back since! I really enjoy wearing it now because at first I was afraid that I might lose interest and just take it off plus it made things worse having friends who didn't wear hijab. Allhamdullillah I haven't been under any influence to take it off instead its opened my eyes more towards Islam and I've influenced my friends to wear it too.

I have a aunts wedding coming up in January and the wedding is fully segregated however there may be some non-muslim women present at the wedding (there my aunts workmates). Me and my sister have planned that we want to look really glamorous and do our hair nicely for the day but im confused if were allowed to show our hair in front of non-muslim women?

Its no problem if Im not allowed thanks to the beautiful range of scarves out in stores these day! :hijabi:

Sisters and Brothers, please answer my question and Inshaallah may Allah reward you for it

islamdonlyway

I thought wearing a hijab was going to be a challenge for me and that I might struggle but its been the 2 years and I haven't looked back since! I really enjoy wearing it now because at first I was afraid that I might lose interest and just take it off plus it made things worse having friends who didn't wear hijab. Allhamdullillah I haven't been under any influence to take it off instead its opened my eyes more towards Islam and I've influenced my friends to wear it too.

I have a aunts wedding coming up in January and the wedding is fully segregated however there may be some non-muslim women present at the wedding (there my aunts workmates). Me and my sister have planned that we want to look really glamorous and do our hair nicely for the day but im confused if were allowed to show our hair in front of non-muslim women?

Its no problem if Im not allowed thanks to the beautiful range of scarves out in stores these day! :hijabi:

Sisters and Brothers, please answer my question and Inshaallah may Allah reward you for it

mashallah sister for takeing that great step in wearing a scarf, may allah bless you...and regarding your question, i think this answer can benifit inshallah.

Do Muslim women have to wear hijaab in front of kaafir women?
I have heard that a kaffir woman id forbidden to look at a muslim woman withpu her hijab. Is this applicable to my mother-inlaw who is an unbeliever

Praise be to Allaah.

The scholars differed concerning the ruling on whether Muslim women can take off their hijaab in front of non-Muslim women, because they differed in their interpretation of the aayah in Soorat al-Noor (interpretation of the meaning):

“… and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands… or their women…” [al-Noor 24:31].

There are three views concerning the Tafseer of this phrase:

That it means Muslim women;

That it means all women, Muslim and non-Muslim;

That it means Muslim women preferably but this is not binding.

The more correct view – and Allaah knows best – is that it is permissible for a Muslim woman to appear (without hijaab) in front of a kaafir woman, unless she fears that the woman may describe her to her husband or to any other stranger (non-mahram man). In that case she has to keep her hijaab on in front of that woman. There is no difference between a kaafir woman and a corrupt Muslim woman in this case.

Among the evidence (daleel) that it is permissible to take off hijaab in front of a kaafir woman is the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) in which she mentions that a Jewish woman came in to see her and said, “May Allaah protect you from the torment of the grave…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1007; Muslim, 584).

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“It is not obligatory to wear hijaab in front of them – non-Muslim women – because they are like all other women according to the more correct of the two scholarly views.”

(Fataawaa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/582).

What the Muslim woman can uncover in front of a kaafir woman is the same as what she can uncover in front of her mahrams, i.e., the places of adornment or the places of wudoo’.

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: “In front of her mahrams she can uncover her face, head, neck, hands, forearms, feet and calves, and she should cover everything else.”

(Fataawaa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/417).

And Allaah knows best.

Fataawaa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/417

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Hey sister, I just want to ask you this question: since this is a marriage, do you think there would be any chance at all for a male to enter into that room with all the females? Perhaps the people in charge of the lighting, or maybe the refreshments? Because you never know.. just a heads up. I would keep this in mind, that if its a large gathering in a public place, there is never a guarantee that a male would not be around. So you just have to be careful.

Hey sister, I just want to ask you this question: since this is a marriage, do you think there would be any chance at all for a male to enter into that room with all the females? Perhaps the people in charge of the lighting, or maybe the refreshments? Because you never know.. just a heads up. I would keep this in mind, that if its a large gathering in a public place, there is never a guarantee that a male would not be around. So you just have to be careful.

Thankyour for your response, there will not be any men inside the room nor will there be any camera crew, its fully segregated, however after reading your comment I did speculate over the route I will take to avoid men whilst entering the hall, I now find that it will be impossible for me to enter because yes it is a public place and I have cousin brothers who might be lurking around outside the halls. I could wear a hijab whilst entering and then take it off but I don't want to make a fuss of it any more.
Thankyou bro
:wasalam:

hana*

well im impressed that the wedding will be segregated completely, it seems a rarity in the uk nowadays

islamdonlyway

well im impressed that the wedding will be segregated completely, it seems a rarity in the uk nowadays

hmm...wel there are alot of segregated weddings aswel, personally speaking im not from a religious family neither most of the weddings i attended were religious, but 90% of the weddings i attended were segregated.

DanyalSAC

mashallah sister for takeing that great step in wearing a scarf, may allah bless you...and regarding your question, i think this answer can benifit inshallah.

Do Muslim women have to wear hijaab in front of kaafir women?
I have heard that a kaffir woman id forbidden to look at a muslim woman withpu her hijab. Is this applicable to my mother-inlaw who is an unbeliever

Praise be to Allaah.

The scholars differed concerning the ruling on whether Muslim women can take off their hijaab in front of non-Muslim women, because they differed in their interpretation of the aayah in Soorat al-Noor (interpretation of the meaning):

“… and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands… or their women…” [al-Noor 24:31].

There are three views concerning the Tafseer of this phrase:

That it means Muslim women;

That it means all women, Muslim and non-Muslim;

That it means Muslim women preferably but this is not binding.

The more correct view – and Allaah knows best – is that it is permissible for a Muslim woman to appear (without hijaab) in front of a kaafir woman, unless she fears that the woman may describe her to her husband or to any other stranger (non-mahram man). In that case she has to keep her hijaab on in front of that woman. There is no difference between a kaafir woman and a corrupt Muslim woman in this case.

Among the evidence (daleel) that it is permissible to take off hijaab in front of a kaafir woman is the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) in which she mentions that a Jewish woman came in to see her and said, “May Allaah protect you from the torment of the grave…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1007; Muslim, 584).

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“It is not obligatory to wear hijaab in front of them – non-Muslim women – because they are like all other women according to the more correct of the two scholarly views.”

(Fataawaa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/582).

What the Muslim woman can uncover in front of a kaafir woman is the same as what she can uncover in front of her mahrams, i.e., the places of adornment or the places of wudoo’.

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: “In front of her mahrams she can uncover her face, head, neck, hands, forearms, feet and calves, and she should cover everything else.”

(Fataawaa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/417).

And Allaah knows best.

Fataawaa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/417

So this means that my wife - should ALLAH give me one - can uncover in front of my mother, who is non-Muslim? What about my father? I ask because my parents live in another state. If I get married and take my wife to visit my parents I wouldn't want her to have to keep covered the entire time we're in my parents' home.

So this means that my wife - should ALLAH give me one - can uncover in front of my mother, who is non-Muslim? What about my father? I ask because my parents live in another state. If I get married and take my wife to visit my parents I wouldn't want her to have to keep covered the entire time we're in my parents' home.

There is no report that our Prophet (SAW) ordered the Muslim women to observe hijab in front of kaafir relatives.
Your father is her mahram and therefore it is permissible for her to be uncovered i.e. she can uncover her face, head, neck, hands, forearms, feet and calves. :hijabi:
However if her mahram is not trustworthy in the sense that he may describe her to others or be tempted by seeing her, then she should observe hijab in front of him, regardless of whether he is a Muslim or a kaafir.

Brother I make dua that Allah finds you a pious wife. :wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I would still never feel comfortable to uncover calves in front of anyone - not even my parents or my brothers!! I suppose it is a cultural thing for me :)