hijab

SisterKaneez

Asalaam Aluakum,

I saw this topic on another forum.

"What is the difference between a nun hijab and a regular woman hijab? Why do people get bent out of shape when a Muslim or non-nun wears hijab?"

me personally,
I have been treated very badly in hijab and took it off. I now feel the yearning to put it back on and I will very soon.:tti_sister:
I have had my car spit . It was nasty. I have received comments and glares.
Why? If I was A nun I would be treated graciously.:shymuslima1:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

Welcome sis i totally agree with you sis its double standards because they give more respect to nuns that a hijabi its so stupid i have a nun in my class i know its weird she gets compliments and hows life sister and me they just ignore and they give her special treatment even the teachers make jokes with her....whats the difference ???? Muslim women have more respect in Islam and the hijab is a symbol of obedience to Allah so sister please dont be discouraged from wearing hijab your not doing it for these meaningless people your doing it to please Allah and to get closer to Allah sis

May Allah reward you ameen this topic floats round in my head every time i see a nun get positive comments but i know in my heart these comments are nothing Allah will reward me more than this nun. inshallah
:wasalam:

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler

Don't worry about what these people do to you, surely Allah will reward us all for our patience. Therefore my advice to you is put the hijab back on and endure because if you do this for the sake of Allah, He will reward you with something Great and will increase your status in this life and the hereafter InshaAllah.

I mean imagine wearing a niqab in the US, SubhanAllahi wa bii hamdihee, it is hard, one time I even was tripped by one of theses disbelievers, but that did not grieve me, why? Because on the day of judgement he will receive my sins. May Allah guide us to the straight path and keep our hearts there.

So put on your hijab and be patient, surely Allah is with the Sabirun. May Allah shower on us patience and grant us Jannatul Firdous, Ameen! :)

AyeshaL

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I'm sorry to hear your struggle and the treatment you have received - which countries are you from?

Sister, I found myself in a similar position in the sense that I felt I was being discriminated against when I wore hijaab (I could not get a job even though, alhamdullilla, I had experience and qualifications in the field - I just feel that it was prejudice getting in the way as I went to so many interviews and could not get a job) and I did take it off. When I did - I was given the next job I went for...but I learnt my lesson in a painful way. I decided once I had been at my job for a couple of months to put it back on and literally, within a couple of weeks, I was told that there was a problem with 'team fit' and they asked me to leave! I then decided I would not take it off again and alhamdulilla now have a job within a Muslim organisation. The benefits are indescribable alhamdulilla. May Allah make it easier for you. Be strong.

You never know what Allah has planned and it is all about patience and trusting in Him. When things are not going our way we should be patient and when things are going our way we should be grateful.

Also - try not to fall into the trap of thinking that 'Oh I cant put it back on cos what if I take it off again?' - sister we will never know what will happen but we have got to strive to be better. Saying that, nothing in our deen should be done by compulsion...pray to Allah to make it easier for you and remember to fear noone, fear Allah. It sounds like the desire to wear it again is already building in your heart marshallah :)

On the topic of nuns / hijaabs - yes it is a great shame that there is a difference in how we are treated. Once I was walking behind a nun and a man greeted her 'hello sister' and, because I'm used to people referring to me like that I said hello back and then realised he wasnt talking to me...quite embarassing! It must be to do with the way Muslims are portrayed in the media in comparison. Nuns are seen as peaceful and law-abiding whereas hijaabs are seen as 'extreme' and a threat by a lot of people, due to ignorance. You would think it would make people consider the similarities between women in Islam and Christianity but....it's a real shame that people just don't seem to be open to these ideas.

abulzan07

I think thats the most important concern for bro who have beard and sis who put hijab the only thing which i was worried bfor having a beard was discrimination i would face in job market and i feel i am discrimate somehow but cant I pay such small price for following the sunnah of my beloved prophet saw ......when on day of yaumul qiayamah I can show him my face and this life is quick pass succession our final destination is hereafter....Even if we think from job prospect our belive is alwys that its Allah who give us job not HR manager or company so if that job is written in our destiny we will get by Allah's will if not we wont get........Allah promises us food and shelter Allahamdullilah so not much to worry about and by striving in way of Allah we are earning deeds for paradise because paradise is not that cheap that we get everything here easily and hereafter too.....so we have to pay price of it and Allah test everyone like we get Engg degree from univ but we been tested on work whether on Engg.....so stick to what Allah says and sunnah dont worry about job just make dua to Allah inshAllah he will give job because its Allah who gave us everything not manager of company or authorities
:salah:

Abdullah77

Our riziq comes from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. I do not see sisters with hijab and brothers with beard in homeless shelter.
I would request brothers and sisters to keep faith in Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and seek his help by establishing salah and and by giving charity.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum sister!
WELCOME to TTI first:)
secondly, dear sister EDURE! and put your HIJAB back ON! Allah's COMMAND is much MORE SUPERIOR to the MOCKING and the DISCRIMINATION we as MUSLIMAHS might face. Allah subhanahu wataAlla is with the Sabirun and CERTAINLY the ONE who STRIVES in Allah's way NEVER EVER losses for He/She has got Allah on His/Her side. So, be patient and care less about the DOUBLE STANDARDS that the society gives HIJAB and the clothing of the nun...there are SO many HIJAB poems in here that are SUPPOSED to give us strength and MORE love for Hijab. inshaAllah look through them and you shall feel better:)
You and all the STRUGGLING muslim brothers and sisters are ALWAYS in my duas. Get on the road to paradies and put you HIJab back on dear sister and with the help of Allah the ALMIGHTY you shall always succeed in this dunya and the hereafter.
wasalamu Alaikum:)
Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:)
your sister Ubah

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
sister that is really bad.. i cannot believe it , why did people do all such things with you?.. disgusting.. well, sister allah is with you, and may allah protect you (ameen)