Hiyaaa

Sahiba

Salaam, Bonjour, Kem Cho, Nei-Ho, Namaste, Oi (thats in portugese don't mean to sound rude hehe) and Marhaba.

Well Hello there love-lay people i'm new to Turn To Islam and I just thought i'd introduce myself in many different languages as there are people here from different cultures, backgrounds, religions and colours. So I thought why not greet in style lol.

Anyways I hope to learn and benefit from this site and the brothers and sisters Insha'Allah. God Bless.

Wa'Salam

Sahiba :)

Sahiba

Wa' Salam oh darn my writing is like soo small lol. Anyways your like the FIRST person replying to my post and i'm kinda getting excited hehe...and thanks for the warm and sweet welcome :)

Maha*

Wa alaikom el salam sister and welcome to TTI. :) Inshaa Allah you will benifit a lot and make friends too. Why don't you tell us more about yourself? Just a little introduction. :hearts:

mhamzah

:salam2: sister,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Namaste, Namaskara or Namaskaram (Sanskrit: नमस्ते, Hindustani pronunciation: [nʌmʌsˈteː], from external sandhi between namaḥ and te) is a common spoken greeting or salutation in the South Asia. It is derived from Hinduism, and in India and Nepal it has multi-religious or else common usage where it may simply mean "I bow to you." In religious formulation, the meaning can be explained as:

"I bow to that inherent in you" ("That" refers to divinity, or that which is divine.)
"I respect divinity within you that is also within me."
"The light within me honors the light within you." (in yoga)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namaste

A Muslim bows to no one beside Allah swt, and we certainly don’t believe that human beings are divine.

:wasalam:

ansari

STRANGER...
:wasalam: sister...

please no namaste...subhanallah u r a muslim. greet like a muslim, by saying :salam2: :)

The Meaning of Namaste:
In Sanskrit the word is namah + te = namaste which means “I bow to you” - my greetings, salutations or prostration to you. The word ‘namaha’ can also be literally interpreted as "na ma" (not mine). It has a spiritual significance of negating or reducing one's ego in the presence of another.

may allah bless u sister
jazakallah khair

Sophie1

:wasalam:
Hey sis! welcome to TTI, hope u enjoy ur stay here, and hope u gain a lot from this site!! Take Care, and welcome once again! :D x