Holy Prophet ?

zelim123

Assalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters,

It may seem stupid of me to ask this but i want to be sure.
Some people say you can't call a prophet ''holy'' they say only Allah subhanahu wata'ala is holy.
I never really thought about this but is there a ruling about this ?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I did read that. I believe I read it here. If I am not mistaken it was the fact that many non-Believers call their prophets holy.

zelim123

So basically we don't have to call them holy? I mean there some hadith's which say that our prophet Muhammad Sallalahu alaihi wasalam, declared Medina holy but ofcourse he only did what Allah asked him to do. Just saying there are holy places so i thought its not only used for Allah azza wadjalla. If there is a hadith or a sura about this i would like to know. JazakAllah khairan

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

World English Dictionary
holy (ˈhəʊlɪ)

— adj , holier , holiest
1. of, relating to, or associated with God or a deity; sacred
2. endowed or invested with extreme purity or sublimity
3. devout, godly, or virtuous

:salam2:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No, there is a specific reason why we do not use the word holy. Give me a minute and I will dig it up.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Please feel free to PM if I slack of like this again. I will do a little hunt InshaAllah this weekend. Please forgive me.

Kakorot

:wasalam:

I looked up the definition of holy in a dictionary:

1. Dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose; sacred: "the Holy Bible"; "the holy month of Ramadan".
2. (of a person) Devoted to the service of God: "saints and holy men".

So maybe that's why people refer to Prophet Muhammad :saw: as being holy.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, but I read somewhere and I am trying to find it..that the Christians use the word holy ghost, holy spirit and that is why we need to refrain from using it. I am still looking for it..I got lost in something else.

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
Assalamu alaikum, you can call the Prophet Muhammad sall'Allahu alayi wa sallam "holy". But it's the Qur'an that you shouldn't call holy, no where in the Qur'an does it say that its "holy". Some names are The Noble Qur'an, The Truthful Qur'an, The Glorious Qur'an, The Blessed Qur'an ect ect ect. Here's a link to some of it's names http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2320 .

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
You can address Qur'an as holy because it is words of Allah and it is preserve from errors. About addressing the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him), I'm not too sure.

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
You can address Qur'an as holy because it is words of Allah and it is preserve from errors. About addressing the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him), I'm not too sure.

Assalamu alaikum, are you sure? Be careful what you say, because if you could call it holy then it would be one of the names of the Qur'an. I think there's a special reason for this, because Allah Subhanau Wa Ta'ala didn't want us to call it how the Christians call the their Bible holy.

muslimshabs

Asalamu alaikum...

These videos are refering to this topic...

Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEvo7RDS0k8[/ame]

DR. Bilal philips
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qDf0h6NAM&feature=related[/ame]

jazakallhu khair...

zelim123

Assalaam walaikum,

Please feel free to PM if I slack of like this again. I will do a little hunt InshaAllah this weekend. Please forgive me.

Nothing to be forgiven sister :) i was just joking i am glad that i have brothers and sisters on here to help me out. May Allah bless you all ! JazakAllah

Ershad

Walaikkum assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Qur'an is uncreated speech of Allah. I don't understand what is wrong in referring it as "Holy".