Homelessness among Muslims...

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom, dear sister

Salaam,

Sweet sister, I was trying to explain to a sister the other day that the most complex relationship is between husband and wife. When a man gets scared he takes off running. He runs faster than the wind. He does not want any responisbility at that time. He often feels his wife and family tie him down from a life that is fun and carefree. He does not look back. Women then have to muster up the courage and defend for thier children. Sister, women will pawn jewlery to buy milk for thier children. Women will sell anything they can to put food on the table. They will do without and 90% will not complain. They will sit next to you at the masjid, they are the women on the bus who do not wear make-up. They work hard and smile when they can give their children a candy-bar, a new outfit for school, a day at the amusement park, a day of swimming. These women are not bitter, they do not have time to be bitter. They are too tired. There is an expression here : they rob peter to pay paul...they balance paying bills and remain on survival mode. They put their faith in Allah, becuase everyone else has turned their backs on them.

Dearest and most respected sister,

Your words are true only in a community that chose to forsake Allah's Rule and teachings on Earth and live by their own minds, following their own whims.. Unfortunately, most communities have made their mind to manage without Allah's words except some few TRUE Muslims who still fear Allah SWT. and watch Him in everything they do and say.

Maybe I'm shocked because of the atmosphere I was brought up in. My late dad, may Allah bless his soul and reward him the best reward for what he had done with us, was an honorable model of the best father and husband ever.Also my uncles and my brothers and most people here are of that kind of men who respect and sanctify the family. That kind of men that once they have children they forget about themselves, their needs and even their feelings for the benefits of their children. They always remember the Prophet, peace be upon him, saying:

(3) Narrated Abdullah bin 'Umar: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Everyone of you is a guardian, and responsible for what is in his custody. The ruler is a guardian of his subjects and responsible for them; a husband is a guardian of his family and is responsible for it; a lady is a guardian of her husband's house and is responsible for it, and a servant is a guardian of his master's property and is responsible for it." I heard that from Allah's Apostle and I think that the Prophet also said, "A man is a guardian of is father's property and is responsible for it, so all of you are guardians and responsible for your wards and things under your care." (Book #41, Hadith #592)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What are we doing nothing. We are too busy pointing fingers at each other.
Simple solution...each masjid buy a house from HUD..they have a section of faith based orginazations...and transform the house into a respite for Muslims. Think you are investing in property and human lives...
each member of the community could help to fix it up...( i am learning a whole lot about plumbing...so no excuses.) As brother gp suggested get off your rear end and move.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Brother,

I am not condeming men. I stated when a man gets scared. It is phenomena that is common in the US. And is rising among Muslims here too.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom, dear sister

Salaam,

What are we doing nothing. We are too busy pointing fingers at each other.
Simple solution...each masjid buy a house from HUD..they have a section of faith based orginazations...and transform the house into a respite for Muslims. Think you are investing in property and human lives...
each member of the community could help to fix it up...( i am learning a whole lot about plumbing...so no excuses.) As brother gp suggested get off your rear end and move.

You are completely right, sister. Everyone should do something to help solving the problem. One side of solving the problem is to try to wake Mulims up. Those who desert or expel their wives and children should know that they are committing big sins. That's what I was trying to do, trying to remind Muslims of their responsibility they will be asked about.

dear sister, we never intend to point fingers at each other, that is not a behavior of a good Muslim. We rather try to diagnose our diseases, analyze our problems. How can we solve a problem without pointing at it and try to know its reasons??