Honor Killing's

Mohammad87

Hey Everyone, Ok so I decided that I should start posting more often, because as a Palestinian-Muslim in America sometimes it's hard for me to get different viewpoints on various topics from other Muslims..so I want to hear everyone's view's..ok so I'm sure Honor Killing's have been discussed on this site before...I just can't get over the fact that they are still happening! It make's me so angry to read stories and even watch video's of these women being killed just to 'defend' their families honor...it's insane..I am really liberal so I come from a very liberal perspective but regardless liberal or not honor killings are wrong and should never happen, what gives anyone the right to kill another human being, they are not god and they can't chose who lives and who dies, I was watching a video taken from a cell-phone of an Iranian girl who was stoned to death by hundreds of men and no one helped her, I couldn't believe my eyes..ok so maybe I should stop ranting..but anyway I hope everyone here agrees that honor killings are wrong and should be condemned..give me your honest opinions..I have had a lot of arguments over my view's , people always tell me I'm so liberal but I honestly can't help it, I'm only 20 years old and I live in America so growing up here has shaped my view's, don't get me wrong I am totally against American foreign policies etc.. but I think American culture is all I basically know so I want to hear more perspectives from people around the world...

Joanna-Aisha

Wasalam! I totally agree with you. What odes Honor Killing mean? Only Allah (swt) has right to decide about our death. What's more it's simply stupid, and for sure it doesn't let you to go to Jannah. Honor means something totally different by its definition:) I'm from Poland, so now you know something more about Polish point of view:)
Assalamu alykoum wa rahmatu Allahu wa barakatoo

Mohammad87

Thanks for your perspective Joanna, I agree with you, it's so silly to think that killing someone will give you honor, It's so sad to think these families think by killing there daughter's nieces etc. that it will somehow bring back honor to their families, this practice of honor killing started before Islam and it's a pagan practice and need's to be left in the past, and anyone who is that insane to commit an honor killing must face the consequences and go to jail, they shouldn't get away with killing anyone...How's Poland doing ? I've never been there..I always wondered what it's like there, are there many Muslims around you?

Joanna-Aisha

Wasalam!It's cold in Poland now, because it; winter time but without snow this time:( Unfortunatelly there are no Muslims around me, but I'll try to find them in shaa Allah. I know one from Morocco and his converted wife- they are great Alhamdulillah, but we are 99% Catholic, so you can only imagine how hard it is to find any Muslim...Maa el salama

tabaria

:salam2:
I always wondered about honor killings. In the old testament moses (pbuh) was said to execute anyone who disobeyed their parents.
:wasalam:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
Honor killings are 100% unIslamic! Anyone who does it is following a cultural belief not a religious one
:wasalam:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
yes I agree, they are wrong! I have watched a documentary about Pakistani culture and it showed many honour killings!
It showed some guy saying men are allowed to sleep around, while "good" girls were to stay "pure" for them.

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
Yes thats right::
so when the non-muslims ask "is it haram" and you say yes, so they ask "why are they so doingg so", what should we so answer??

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Assalamualaikum...

Ofcourse, these actions have NO place in ISLAM!! Allah (swt) himself refutes Honour-Killing in the Quran: Chapter 10:65

"for all power and honour belong to Allah"

walaikum assalam