Houston Airport

muslimah84

Salam alykum ww,
while traveling I had a loooooot of time to kill during one of my stop overs and I had some prayers to make up...so i was looking for a lil quite place and i bumpbed into a sign that read interfaith chapel..i was like well this is the next best thing to a masjid but when i walked in..they had prayer rugs and a big sign pointing out the direction of the Quibla....I was very impressed and happy about that....Can u imagine US where you can walk into anywhere,trainstations,schools,aiports where you can always find somewhere to pray...I thought that was pretty cool...lol....
Have a wonderful day
Jazakallah Kairun

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Salam alykum ww,
while traveling I had a loooooot of time to kill during one of my stop overs and I had some prayers to make up...so i was looking for a lil quite place and i bumpbed into a sign that read interfaith chapel..i was like well this is the next best thing to a masjid but when i walked in..they had prayer rugs and a big sign pointing out the direction of the Quibla....I was very impressed and happy about that....Can u imagine US where you can walk into anywhere,trainstations,schools,aiports where you can always find somewhere to pray...I thought that was pretty cool...lol....
Have a wonderful day
Jazakallah Kairun

mashallah t,that was nice
:blackhijab:

shichemlydia

good news

salam alikoum,
good news, may allah make the life of american muslims easier there, and help them to practice the religion as good as possible.
wa salam alikoum

BigAk

That is indeed an excellent sign.. It is so crazy; in the US you will find anything in one place at apposite extremes of each other. I bet prob. around the corner from that musalla, there is an ABC store.... But, alhamdu lil Lah it's good to hear that this musalla was there for the faithful like yourself sister... :D

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

you can find more and more places like that here in the US. there are several reasons for that...

the first thing is that courageous muslims have pretty much demanded that we have these places set aside, after years of not ever having anywhere to pray in peace.

the second thing is that our numbers are becoming large enough in the US, that we actually have to be recognized. we are becoming more commonplace.
:wasalam:

Salaam,

Alhamdulillah sister!

I hear, surprisingly, the conservative Texas state has a large Muslim population - mashallah. Many of these Muslim establishments didn't just fall into place, it took years of legal proceeding & court trials. What we're going through is somewhat similar to the early African-American civil rights movements....we're fighting for our Muslim rights. Organizations like CAIR has played a vital role in this success. May Allah reward those who made our life easier. Ameen.