How can we be guided?

A-believer-25

:salam2:

I desire to be on the straight path and I do pray and fast but I want to be guided by Allah (SWT).

How can I be guided? Do I just continue asking Him (SWT)? Is it ever to late to be guided? How will we know when we are guided?

I am a bit shy to ask, I hope it is OK to ask.

May Allah (SWT) bless you all!

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

I desire to be on the straight path and I do pray and fast but I want to be guided by Allah (SWT).

How can I be guided? Do I just continue asking Him (SWT)? Is it ever to late to be guided? How will we know when we are guided?

I am a bit shy to ask, I hope it is OK to ask.

May Allah (SWT) bless you all!

there is nothing wrong with asking ALLAH SWT to guide you and keep you on sirat-ul-mustaqeem ( the straight path ). constantly make dua, do good deeds, and surround yourself with positive muslims, and involve yourself in islamic activities such as reading the qur'an, sunnah, and performing zikr.

insha'allah you will be where you want to be.
:wasalam:

nori suja'i

Assalamualeikum,
I too need Allah guidance that's why i recite tawakkal du'a averyday......previously i felt Allah Did guide me, but i beg to Allah for my future guidance too as i know Allah will never go bankcrupt and Allah didnt like the one who never ask anything from Allah as if they are the perfect one, but they are not accept Allah.
I used to said to myself about my ambitions, nobody knows accept Allah. When i have what i want, i remember that Allah Who let me have it, alhamdulillah. When my late mother asking what keeps me waiting to perform hajj as most of my sibling already did, deep down my heart said, Allah Knows that me/hubby have that intention but still have not enough money to go to Mecca to perform hajj for both of us. Alhamdulillah Allah gave us 'rezki' by saling our hse to a desperate couple who fall in love to our hse and we upgraded ourselves to a bigger hse by Allah's will, alhamdulillah. InshaAllah i still continually reciting the du'a.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Brother...

You never ever stop asking Allah for guidance..

we are weak..and are exposed to "wars" from the inside by our nafs..and the outside by the shaitan..so we are in an incessant need of Allah's guidance and *protection* as well...and if you wonder if it's too late to be guided..I say...*no*..as long as you live...every day..every hour..and every minute..is a chance and a blessing for you to seek guidance from Allah with His aid (swt)..and turn to Him seeking nothing but His pleasure...

And how would you know you're guided???..it's simple really...you know when your heart opens to the commandments of Allah..when you sense the wisdom in each one...when you are filled with amazement and gratefulness to Allah for His blessings of protecting you from being amongst the ones who give heed to the evils of their nafs and their shayateen...and you feel an urge to accomplish all the commandments the best you can along with the commandments of His Beloved Prophet (pbuh)..then you constantly think of Allah (swt)..and imagine the akhirah..you long for the day you meet you Lord..and long for worshipping Him should you be cut off from that due to circumstances..and should you fall off the wagon..you quickly get up..and with utmost regret..you run back to Allah..and beg Him to pardon you in sincere repentance...

As for how you can be guided..

well..it's obvious that you *begin* with dua'a and keep it through-out your life..which means that you also pray on time..keep fasting like you do already..and look for additional forms of worship (i.e. tahleel..tasbeeh..istighfar..pray the Sunnah prayers..etc.)..even give in charity as much as you do so you can earn more love from Allah (swt)...then you seek knowledge from the Qura'an and the Sunnah..and then from the great Ulama'a with sound aqeedah and teachings according to the Qura'an and the Sunnah of The Prophet (pbuh)..and you also keep these up...

Through these things...you will improve you Iman and increase it..inshallah..and you will also improve your character and act according to the manners of the Qura'an and the Sunnah...and this pretty much prepares you for higher levels of guidance which only Allah is able to grant to His servants (swt)

So to sum up...you need 3 things:

* Dua'a
* Worship
* Knowledge

And they should all be *constant*..each done according to its importance...

Inshallah you will earn the guidance you seek which will protect you in this dunya and make you among the successful in the akhirah :)

pcozzy

well said sister and may I add a very important supplication(duaa) that the prophet PBUH repeated a lot.

sorry in english, but I can type it in arabic if need so.

Oh changer of hearts; instill in my heart your dean(way of life).

I repeat this thru the day in my prayers.

a_stranger

I think that studying Quran and Sunna , praying 5 times , trying to opey the prophet salla Allah wa sallam (as much as you can) , making duaa to Allah sbhanahu wa Taaalla with sincere heart can make a big diffrerance.......

safiya58

when u r a muslim (not just by name of course) and do your duties as one and u r able to differ right from wrong and give your best to become better, then u r allready guided by Allah (Subanallahu Teala). Not a single person is able to find the straight path without Allah `s (Subanallahu Teala) guidence. We recite sura Al Fatiha in every prayer and in it we ask Allah (Subanallahu Teala) to guide us to the straight path.... the Prophet (saw) is a gift from Allah (Subanallahu Teala) to us... If HE didn´t want, then HE would not bless the mankind with Prophets who showed the straight path to the mankind... Can u see how kind and mercyfull Allah (subanallahu Teala) is? We should all praise HIM that HE created us as humans and that we are muslims :)

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Selam alejkum by Qëndrim
Dear brother all us, we must make dua to ALL-LLAH SWT to be guided in islam.
I also in every dua I pray ALL-LLAH to guide me in the right path.
You also must make dua like me.In every dua I said in Albanain : O ALL-LLAH i plotfuqishëm ,O Krijuesi ynë , O Sunduesi ynë vetëm Ty të falënderoj dhe vetëm Ty të adhuroj dhe vetëm prej Teje ndihmë dhe falje kërkoj.O ALL-LLAH Ti je Mëshirues dhe Falës andaj Të lutem më fal dhe më mëshiro.Të lutem O ALL-LLAH më udhëzo në rrugën e drejt në islam.O ALL-LLAH lehtësoma jetën në varr,dhe më dërgo në xhennet...
In this dua I pray ALL-LLAH SWT to forgive and to help me.Also I pray ALL-LLAH SWT to guide me in the right way in islam.And in the end I pray ALL-LLAH SWT to alleviate my life in graveyard and to reward me with xhennah.I pray ALL-LLAH SWT for my family and for all muslims around the world.
I hope that you'll pray ALL-LLAH like me.
Selam alejkum by Qëndrim

palestine

Servant of Allah

well said sister and may I add a very important supplication(duaa) that the prophet PBUH repeated a lot.

sorry in english, but I can type it in arabic if need so.

Oh changer of hearts; instill in my heart your dean(way of life).

I repeat this thru the day in my prayers.

the dua in arabic is: "Allahuma ya muqalibal qulub, thabit qalbi 3ala deenik". ameen. i love this dua.

abu'muhammad

a- believer,

praise be to Allah. The quran verses starting from “ ya Ayyuhal ladzina aamanu” , the first five verses of surah Yaseen , the verses from “aamanar rasulu till the end of surah” and many other verses of quran addresses about bringing faith and in destined akhirah. A quality that believers have is “they hear and obey” i.e when they hear adhaan or it’s time to pray , they pray . when there is Ramadan, they fast in the ordained time. Likewise zakaat, hajj , jihad etc. and other deeds that come into religion. Not only they perform good deeds but also do them in a good manner as possible, and hope for their acceptance from Allah. So to be guided ( or a synonym to believer) we should perform those ordained activities in the best way.

Prophets obeyed to what decreed upon them, and hoped for razaa of Allah. Many of instances are in their life. Same way muttaqoons of time, did best to upon prevailing shareeah .A pious muslim is upon doing good deeds at everytime whether time of despair, hope, sadness – happiness etc and keeps tawakkul in Allah. Nothing comes in the way to be upon the fulfillment of those ordained acts. They have trust in their lord and are among shakireens. They give precedence to orders of Allah over any other things and ask forgiveness for any short- comings or their weakness to obey in a more better way.

So need to inculcate those qualities in us...…, Allah guide muslims - aameen

:jazaak: