How do I handle Christians?

Erik

I know christians but they changed to me after I became muslim, before Christians didnt speak at all I see but now when I am a muslim, they gathered 12 bibles of things hidden before but now they love to show me as showing that the Quran is the devils work and the bible said before.
christians do not get violent thank Allah for that but still they call my crazy more or less to fallow Islam.
Some say, lucky we are christians, if we where muslims and you became christians, we would stone you by now.

what should I do when I cant answer to the questions?
i try but I cant always, I pray and try but I cant allways, maybe I just should have kept to myself that I was muslim?

Wasalam. /Erik

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
If a Christian asks you a question that you don't know the answer to just simply tell them you are a new Muslim, you don't know the answer but would be happy to find out and tell them. Alhamdulillah I would love it if more Christians would ask me questions, good chance for dawa.
:wasalam:

Erik

My humble advice is to educate yourself first and don't bother with them. Their hearts and minds are filled with hatred, ignorance and fear. Isn't that ironic when "their god" tells them in no uncertain terms to love their enemy?

I do brother, trying to educate myself but what you also said is exactly what they said accept for the hatred part.
I agree to all you said accept the word hate, christians cant hate. if they hate they are not belivers, just like for muslims.
Wasalam./Erik

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Their hearts and minds are filled with hatred, ignorance and fear. Isn't that ironic when "their god" tells them in no uncertain terms to love their enemy?

Salam
I'm sure that all Christians do not fit into that generalization......I know many who are open minded and just are curious about what we believe. No bad intentions whatsoever

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Brother Erik,

Allah (swt) said in the Holy Qur'an:

"The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend. "

So never regret that you revealed your Islam. Everytime they make you upset, Allah will reward you for that, Everytime you tell them the truth in a nice manner, Allah will reward you for that.

First keep educating yourself.The more you learn, the more you have strong evidence they can not disparage. Second, show patience as much as you can. Knowledge, kind words and patience are the effective weapons that no body can resist.
May Allah help you, always ask Him to help you.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
oh ok sorry I didn't know you were reffering to that site.
wa salam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
assalamu alaikum brother!
if they are searching for truth with open heart and honesty, they will find it (inshaallah). if they want to hurt your feelings by criticising your religion, then their intentions don't seem to be constructive (for themselves too).

they only want to see islam with a negative and critical eye without desire for truth and purity. all the prophets and their followers in the past have been rediculed and punished etc too and Allah swt is the best to seek the rewards from.

may Allah's help swt be with you

wassalam

ShyHijabi

Salaam Brother Erik,

I am also a revert to Islam and have dealt with a large number of self proclaimed Christians trying to "educate" me on the "flaws" of Islam. The burden of proof lies in thier hands and unless they can do the research themselves and present it to an Islamic scholar then they still remain burdened with the search for proof.

Most days I simply tell them that I was raised Jew and was told I was to worship only one God, not three. They spend many minutes trying to explain the trinity to me but I tell them unless the Torah explicity said I was to worship anyone but God then it's not going to happen. If they become offensive then I will subtly use the word "polytheist" to describe their religious practice, they hate that.

They ask me if I've read the old and new testament, I tell them I have then ask them if they've read the Quran. SO far I have not come across one that has. In the end you may just have to refer them to a scholar or an Imam and explain to them that are attacking the equavalent of a spiritual child by attacking you. Tell them to pick on someone their own size.

~Sarah

siddiq85

is an encuragement bror

I know christians but they changed to me after I became muslim, before Christians didnt speak at all I see but now when I am a muslim, they gathered 12 bibles of things hidden before but now they love to show me as showing that the Quran is the devils work and the bible said before.
christians do not get violent thank Allah for that but still they call my crazy more or less to fallow Islam.
Some say, lucky we are christians, if we where muslims and you became christians, we would stone you by now.

i try but I cant always, I pray and try but I cant allways, maybe I just should have kept to myself that I was muslim?

Wasalam. /Erik

is one of the ways to acquare knowledge

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Erik,

My faith is one of the most personal aspects of my life. I attempt to stay away from conversations that involve a "witnessing" of faith. As I matured I realized the phrase :guard your worship includes refraining from conversations about faith that lead to nowhere.
All I am really saying is at times I do not encourage conversations and state that my sprituality is very personal. If, I feel a person is sincere, I will engage in a conversation, but I am not going to allow myself to be sucked into a debate.
We are told that it is not good to share the secrets of the bedroom..how much more is the realtionship with Allah. It is the most private and intimate realtionship I have. If there is a realtionship that I will guard and be possessive with it is my realtionship with my Creator.
I know I rant and rave on this forum. But, you are my brothers and sisters. You wish for me that which you wish for yoursleves...jannath. Like a bud unfolding before the sun..I can trust you with facets of my interpersonal faith.
Forgive me now, as I find something to rant and rave about,

your aapa

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

Wasalam. /Erik

it's always rough of course. you are still in your infancy as a muslim, so in the eyes of evangelists you are fresh meat. seek refuge in Allah SWT. learn as much as you can from members at your masjid, your imam and trustworthy sites like TTI. you are not really ready to be an apologist for islam just yet. these people know that and that's why they'll attack you. be patient brother, inshAllah you'll have the answers to their many questions.

my suggestion

a kum ...we got a lot of christians in my country n theyre quite proud of being christians altough this is a muslim country so u wanna know wat ...people like to disturb some1 weaker....dont act weak n keep ur goals in ur head cause the world always moves on

Wulf

A'salaamu 'aleikom Brother.

I also have a similar situation but for me, as an ex novice Priest, it is not a problem.
Most proffessing Christians who, with ill concieved righteous zeal, try to convert others, are only doing so from their own lack of knowledge of their own faith.
The majority of the "Missionary" types only know a little of the Bible, and tend to endlessly quote the same passages over and over. For me, I just quote the first two commandments given to Moses.
What the average Christian will do is tell you about "Doctrine". The changes adopted by their own individual denomination.
The most common tactic used is to work on a person's Guilt, it can be about anything from their past or present. By focusing on people who they believe to vulnerable, they will try to worm their way into that person's life, doing "Good?" deeds, giving love, and kindness, until the target becomes grateful for the help and attention. The Born again Christian will then use their pastor to condemn, because you have not reciprocated by accepting their religion and saviour, you are now a sinner for not reciprocating to them, you are being ungrateful. The trap has been set.

This is just a part of what I was taught to use as a method of gaining "Converts".

You see, the charismatic Christian believes that they are buying a stairway to heaven by doing Missionary work, their reward is measured by the number of converts they get. The richer the convert? the greater the reward.

I hope this helps people to understand the methodology behind Christian missionary work. The unfortunate thing is that many Born Again Christians do not realise what they are doing. They are only doing what was done with them.

W'salaam
Ibrahim

Erik

Salam brother and sisters, as always I thank you all for all the replies.
My faith grows stronger every day and I thank Allah for this forum and the people here. Wasalam. /Erik

apocalypse77

charismatic christians are the ones that really annoy me most..they willl try to perrsuade pple to donate with the "donate to us and go to heaven!!! the heavenly father will show you with a pot of goal on your staricase to heaven!!"

=_=!!

muliani

I'm agree with brother Ibrahim that

"The majority of the "Missionary" types only know a little of the Bible, and tend to endlessly quote the same passages over and over. For me, I just quote the first two commandments given to Moses.
What the average Christian will do is tell you about "Doctrine".

most of them have not explore the bible yet, actualy in Matius 15:24 Jesus was sent only for Bani Israil and not for all human being, and more strange we can find in Matius 27:46 and Galatia 3:13 (here Jesus was condemned by the Torah).

Anyway we can say "lakum deenukum waliadeen"

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

Wasalam. /Erik

AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

Brother Erik,

InshaAllah your problem will be solved if you try to educate yourself instead of messing with Christians. I highly recommend you the following videos:

Is Bible True Word of God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4058605158253427977

Is Jesus God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=961180591411776337

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Mentioned by Name in the Bible.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=muhammad+bible+deedat+company

WassalaamuAlaikaum WRWB

Erik

AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

Brother Erik,

InshaAllah your problem will be solved if you try to educate yourself instead of messing with Christians. I highly recommend you the following videos:

Is Bible True Word of God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4058605158253427977

Is Jesus God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=961180591411776337

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Mentioned by Name in the Bible.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=muhammad+bible+deedat+company

WassalaamuAlaikaum WRWB

thank you thank you Brother. I thank you for that so much!! wasalam. /Erik

Erik

I was born in Sweden you know, in the depate, its from there in the capital, I never heard of it or Pastor Sjogren in the debate, maybe because I live way up north buy anyway.
Just wanted to let all know.
:salah: /Erik