How do I handle this situation with my Muslim fiance?

nori suja'i

Normally when one is in love, he/she will feel there are so many good things about their lover. sister, as a woman we must put the dateline regarding our relationship with male friends because fitna is everywhere also our age is increasing.
May Allah give u better future husband than the one who cheated on u (who knows yr love probably to him is greater then this one).
Wallahu alam bissawab).

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
But I will be in a Muslim country soon...hearing the call to prayer, arriving during Ramadan. I think this will help me. I think this will push me towards the goal I need to reach.

On the other hand....I went to the mosque today to talk to someone who might understand a little and be nice to me, because my family does not understand at all. Instead I got a lecture about how what I did was wrong and I need to convert now and repent. I know this is true but if you saw someone who was in tears, who looked like they'd be punched in the face (I really look awful at the moment!), who was so obviously not okay...would you tell them they were a bad person and lecture them...or would you offer some comfort?
*Liz

Sister Assalam-o-alikum,

About your mosque visit ... It was definetly not okay for anyone to talk to you the way they talked. But I can imagine that since if someone do not know the whole background can say thoe things. See here we have read all your emotions and about what happened in the past how he deceived you etc so we know your situation. And it depends on who you talked to man or a woman. Hopefully on your next trip you will find someone more understandable.

About your trip to Morroco ... Do you know where you will be staying?

Wassalam.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
In remembrance of Allah, do hearts find ease.

Why do you have to move to his country? He is already married. And he is continuing to play with your mind. Writing all those mails, trying to flirt. He is not controlling the desires of his heart.

Sister, only thing which is now best for you is to try and learn more about Islam. Increase your Eeman. And forget him totally. If you want to live a life of happiness and peace, kick him out of your mind. Right now your mind is going through millions of things. But you will realise when you achieve old age why we are advising you to forget him.

You know the scholars of the past have said,"Heart is like a pot of boiling water. As the water goes from bottom to top and comes down from top to bottom, so does our eeman increases and decreases."

As humble slaves, we need to follow the commands and orders of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala. Right now you need a company of good Muslim sisters, who can help you raise your eeman. Remember, In this world put your hope and trust in Allah. Only then you will achieve success in this world and in the hereafter.

Please read this article, hope it will provide you with some comfort.

I want to fight my soul, what is the way?

wa/salam

Zilliz

I'm not sure...

I'm not sure where I will be living yet. The school provides an apartment and it will be somewhere in the Ville Nouvelle of Marrakech...which is thankfully on the other side of the city from where he lives.

At this point I "have to" go to Morocco because I have signed a contract to teach (and can't leave the school without a teacher a little more than a week before school starts), have rented my apartment (so I will have no place to live) and do not have money to try to figure out another choice.

I am trying to put his out of my mind. I realize now that I did not know his soul the way I thought I did. i thought he was a kind and compassionate man...but a kind man would not have done this, would not be playing with my hear still.

I am trying to feel better, keeping busy packing and taking TaeKwonDo classes (which is really the only time I forget him, because it is so hard!)...my dreams are still full of him however and I am not getting any piece from sleep, even after listening to the Koran at night.

It is a tough situation, but I am a strong person who is finding strength in Allah. I still have a ways to go...but I am trying!!
I do NOT intend to see him when I am there. And I will make no trouble for his wife, bless her because she is in a tough spot too.

I can only try to find happiness and peace in life through strength and Allah.

I know that I didn't deserve this. I feel myself getting a little stronger. Thanks be to Allah. He is kind and merciful. Obviously I was on the wrong path and I can only hope to find the right one....
*Liz

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Allahu Akbar..Alhamdulillah

I am very happy to hear that sister. We will remember you in our duas. Dont worry at all. All the brothers and sisters in TTI are with you.

wa/salam

Mairo

Maryama
I'm not sure where I will be living yet. The school provides an apartment and it will be somewhere in the Ville Nouvelle of Marrakech...which is thankfully on the other side of the city from where he lives.

At this point I "have to" go to Morocco because I have signed a contract to teach (and can't leave the school without a teacher a little more than a week before school starts), have rented my apartment (so I will have no place to live) and do not have money to try to figure out another choice.

I am trying to put his out of my mind. I realize now that I did not know his soul the way I thought I did. i thought he was a kind and compassionate man...but a kind man would not have done this, would not be playing with my hear still.

I am trying to feel better, keeping busy packing and taking TaeKwonDo classes (which is really the only time I forget him, because it is so hard!)...my dreams are still full of him however and I am not getting any piece from sleep, even after listening to the Koran at night.

It is a tough situation, but I am a strong person who is finding strength in Allah. I still have a ways to go...but I am trying!!
I do NOT intend to see him when I am there. And I will make no trouble for his wife, bless her because she is in a tough spot too.

I can only try to find happiness and peace in life through strength and Allah.

I know that I didn't deserve this. I feel myself getting a little stronger. Thanks be to Allah. He is kind and merciful. Obviously I was on the wrong path and I can only hope to find the right one....
*Liz

May Allah be with you wherever you go! It sounds like you have a good plan in place. Alhamdulilahi. You are right, it will be wonderful for you to be in a place where you can hear the call to prayer everyday, and be surrounded by people who are fasting the month of Ramadan. Your students will be very fortunate to have you as a teacher :)

Always rely upon God, who provides you with everything good, and wants only the best for his servants. Betrayal is one of the most bitter, painful things a person can be afflicted with, it can take a great deal of patience to endure and heal with time. Do whatever you can not to dwell on the past. And know that Allah loves those who repent, so do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Insha'Allah in a short time you will be surrounded by so many blessings and so much good will come into your life that you will not even imagine what you greived about before.

Be sure to keep in touch, we will want to know when you have arrived in Morrocco and that you are safe. And feel free to PM me at anytime if there is any way I can help.

Your sister in Islam, Mairo

Sajidah_1

ancient one
Asallamu alaikum again ...I am happy to read that bit by bit you are coming to terms with this .I had not relised you were a teacher and that this is what continues to take you to Morroco ,I can assure you the trip and time will be good ,a change of venue will help even though its from where he comes ,just think of all the great kids and parents you will meet and all the wonderful new experiences you will have .Go and enjoy your time sis and see what great things Allah has in store for you ,and we all here will wait to hear all the news updates

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Sister Zilliz, I feel so bad for you, I understand what you mean when you feel that your heart is broken. Even though I'm not a girl and I'm not you, I always understand the way a person feels when I put myself in their shoes. This was a nice looking guy who you liked alot, right? I know the way Morrocan Boys look like white or yellow-tan, tight shirt, "ganster look (?)," muscle built (well many of them), etc.

This is like how I felt during my Jahliyyah days, years and years back when I had alot of problems, like hanging out with the cool kids in class, liking this girl, getting good grades to boost my ego and being well known for it, and this was all before I came to Islam, to Allah Ta Alla.

So I liked this girl in my class and stuff, and I never told her but she understood well, and so we would talk to each other alot of times, her to me actually, and she was starting to notice me alot, and I was liking that. But then at the end of the year I lost basically everything, my "friends" (the cool ones), her, and many other things, but Mashallah I had my really great friends though, and this is an example of how this World is temporary.

And so anyway I felt pretty upset that she didn't like me anywmore, but later on I felt that it was for the best, but then 6th grade started, and I continued thinking about her all the time. again. And then she went with this boy who was like a bully to me and then she'd always laugh and tease me with him because she liked him, and I felt broken up because of that, but I felt, "Oh well, she doesn't like me, I don't care, I'm not gonna die becasue of her," and then later on it turns out that he broke up with her and went with this other girl, and he went with her becasue his other girl liekd this other new kid and broke up with him. But still I was still always thinking about her all the time until she started going out and "sharing her feelings" with her freind's boyfriend, and they stopped being friends and would get anagry with each other and stuff, and then I'd get all upset and depressed, but then I forgot about her and I started noticing her driend, which later on I found her more to my liking because she was good looking and she was a nicer person who got along with people, until that girl that I use to like before got into a fight with her new boyfriend and her old one, and so then she got pretty hurt from him, and so hse broke up with him. And then after a few days she started feeling like coming back to me, and at that tiem I changed, and I was more "cooler" and ganster than I ever was before, and I looked better too, and so she would always look over her shoulder at me when she was online leaving class throguh the door when I was lagging behind to finish packing up, and I knew that she wanted to "be with me" again, although this time, I decided to leave hr, and yeah even though I still liek dher, I flet pretty scared when she would do those things like try to talk to me after along time, because I didn't like her anymore, I felt happy not having to worry about not looking bad or stupid infront of her, and I liked being alone and without her. An besides I liked her friend anyway, more than I liekd her, evn though she looke dbetter than her friend, but then her friend's ex boyfriend came bac kto her, and then I was away from her, btu I still liked her.

But then the time came when I had a new change in life, and that was Islam, I kinda embraced it and started feling mroe interested to learn mroe about Islam, and so I like dthat more and I started to think about it mroe than both of them.

But then by the end of the school year, I didn't like any of them anymroe, I like dIslam more, and then I felt, felt like starting life all over agin, but with something that's nice, enjoying, and happy, and that was Islam, and nothing else. And even though I had many problems, like I'd chose what I wanted to follow and listen to, and to forget about those things that I didn't like, but I was also destroyed pretty much because of what I rea in this stupid person's book about what his own rules on Islam, but I was starting to practice my Deen peice by peice, but what I'm trying to say sister, (it's the whole point of my story), is that you shoudln't just let little things detroy you in life, things like this will pass soon, all you should do is put your mind on better things, and then you'll start to foget him.

And I suggest that you completely cut him off so that he can't contact you anymore, it's not fair to his wife that he's ta;king to this other women that he likes when he's newly married, and if she finds out it'll break her heart, and it won't make you feel better by talking to him sister, so I suggest you block him from your email, throw away his number, and change your phone number.

And for practicing Islam, well, you might not really get the best of it by going to Morooco, it's a new country and stuff, it'll be hard for you to focus on the most important thing, and that's Islam.

You basically feel in your heart that Allah Ta Alla is your Lord, so why don't you just say your Shahadah? It's basic and simple, and you said that you want to do it during a calm and paecfull time, sister trust me that's Shaytaan saying this to you to dely your taking of Shahadah, becasue trust me, thinking about Islam is the only thing that'll take him off your mind, and if you don't think about Islam, then you'll still think and cry about him al lthe time, and by the rate that you'll go through, it'll be a couple of months to a few years till you stop thinking about him, but I know that you'll continue to talk to him, which will make you feel even more depressed and you'll continue to think about him, so the only choice is to take Shahadah, cut him off comlpetely, and think about Islam, these three things will maek you forget him and wil make you feel happy and better, trust me sister Zilliz.

And another thing too everyone, my story above is a spoiler to my current story project right now, and that's going to be about My Story of how I came into Islam, my life before Islam, after I came into Islam, etc. I tried to keep the above story simpole because I didn't want to spoil it too much for you guys, LoL.

Anyway, remember my words and take care sister Lizz.

Zilliz

Thanks everyone for your continued advice.
I leave for Morocco in a week and I have SO much that I still have to do.
I have to stop being sad. But I also have to stop spending so much time online.
I probably won't be posting again till I am moved in to Morocco and have internet. If I have time I will try.
Thanks everyone for all the advice. It has meant a lot.
*Liz

salamsister

Asalamu Alaikum Sister Zill

I've read through the thread and I can feel your heart ache, but please don't worry. Allah has better things for you inshallah.

Also remember, if you decide to take your shahada all of your past sins are erased, you are clean of any sin. On the other hand, he is not... he will have to repent for the zina he has commited and hope that Allah forgives him.

I'm sure he was a nice guy and all, but you deserve to be in a marriage with someone who respects himself, his religion and you... Take care sis

llama

Hi Liz

I was just wondering how things are going for you three months on? sounds like you've had a tough ride after making a lot of sacrifices. I feel bad for you, i hope you have been able to take care of yourself.

My family is muslim but I must say that I am not a strong follower. but as someone reading story i feel your pain.

I know you can't forget the past, but remember that now is the time to concentrate on YOU. Focus on what is best for you and accept that your future was not meant to be with this man, and thus I'm sure you will find a better way without him in your life. I hope you're already on this route.

Take care