How do you pray from your heart?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

brother you are not being clear...

do you mean this in a "kusho'o" context?

clarifying the matter would allow all of us the chance to offer you a better answer inshallah :)

:wasalam:

Islam!!yay

well like i read that when you want to make dua , make it from your heart. Now I dont how to say things from my heart or I dont know what I said is from my heart. So what im asking is how to say things from your heart.

Also how can you feel sincere towards Allah?what do u think about?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I see what you're saying now...

according to my humble readings...I read that before making your dua'a...you should gather *the absolute conviction*...that Allah sees you and hears you making your dua'a...

and extend this feeling through out the duration of dua'a-making...

and after you are done...to walk away...being *confident and 100% sure*...that you are dua'a has reached Allah (swt) and will be answered at one time or another...it could be a few hours later...a day or two later...3 or 4 months...or even a couple of years...

but the point is...gathering *the conviction* I mentioned...and that would be "saying it from the heart"...

what I personally do when I have dua'a to make...is the following...

because I can close my eyes during dua'a...I close them to gain focus...I then cup my hands and raise them (because I read that when Allah sees the hands of his servant raised to him in dua'a...He (swt) out of mercy and generosity...does not return the servant's hands empty..meaning that the dua'a will be answered)...and then I imagine that I am sitting in front of the throne of Allah (swt)...and I literally *beg* Allah to allow what I ask for to take place...

I just repeat what I want over and over and over again with utmost respect and humility...never stopping from praising Allah the best I can and never forgetting to say *ya rab* as well (because that is another thing which Allah loves (when as servant calls unto Him and says *ya rab*)...

and then I do some dhikr (i.e. Istighfar)...as thanks to Allah (swt) for allowing me the chance to ask Him of what I seek...and to earn more of His pleasure (swt) so He may bestow His blessings upon me overall...and alhamduliallah...this method (for lack of a better word) has worked very nicely for me...after I am done...sobhanallah...I have a feeling of comfort wash over me and I feel a happiness indescribable...as if my dua'a has been answered already...sobhanallah

I didn't mean to describe how I worship to you...so pardon me if it bothered you :shymuslima1:...but I wanted to give you an idea...perhaps you could try it...and it could work out for you...

and inshallah...all your dua'as and the dua'as of all the Muslimeen get answered...

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Brother, before I start prayer, I pick up one problem which I am facing, naturally I pickup most pressing problem I am facing at that time, be it exam, money or any other problem and decide to seek help from Allah SWT after prayer, then I start my pray and try to be as humble as possible, and concentrate in my prayer as much as possible, because I know that I am going to ask for help from The All Powerful to solve my problem after the prayer. And I get results very quickly.

At one point I realized that I do not have any pressing problem. The day I realized that, I was very thankful to The Almighty, Alhamdulliah.

Once a brother told me that during prayer his mind is so distracted with problems that sometimes he cannot remember how many RAKA he prayed. I told him the way I pray. Now that brother advices other brothers to do that. So I assume that he got results. It is amazing how quickly Allah SWT solves our problems. Try it brother and you will get result, INSHA-ALLAH.

Brother , I want to tell you true story from my life, my boss at work did not like me before, then one day I prayed to Allah so that my boss change his mind.

Alhamdulliah, Alhamdulliah and Alhamdulliah again ( I cannot say it enough) things at my work place changed in such a way that the same boss came to me the other day ( now the company is laying off lots of employees) and said “We do not want to lose you.” Can you imagine, where as just a few months ago he did not like me at all. I do not know what Allah SWT has put in his mind. Also my teenage son was getting aggressive and not listening to me. I prayed and problem solved, Alhamdulliah.

So, my advice will be do not think about enormacity or impossibility of any problem, just seek help from Allah SWT through prayer and patience, and INSHA-ALLAH any problem will be solved.

May Allah SWT forgive me If I have written some thing wrong, Ameen.

Islam!!yay

thank you both for helping me and may Allah keep on answering your prayers and the prayers of muslims and humble non-muslims.

May Allahs blessings be upon you always

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM

Brother, before I start prayer, I pick up one problem which I am facing, naturally I pickup most pressing problem I am facing at that time, be it exam, money or any other problem and decide to seek help from Allah SWT after prayer, then I start my pray and try to be as humble as possible, and concentrate in my prayer as much as possible, because I know that I am going to ask for help from The All Powerful to solve my problem after the prayer. And I get results very quickly.

At one point I realized that I do not have any pressing problem. The day I realized that, I was very thankful to The Almighty, Alhamdulliah.

Once a brother told me that during prayer his mind is so distracted with problems that sometimes he cannot remember how many RAKA he prayed. I told him the way I pray. Now that brother advices other brothers to do that. So I assume that he got results. It is amazing how quickly Allah SWT solves our problems. Try it brother and you will get result, INSHA-ALLAH.

Brother , I want to tell you true story from my life, my boss at work did not like me before, then one day I prayed to Allah so that my boss change his mind.

Alhamdulliah, Alhamdulliah and Alhamdulliah again ( I cannot say it enough) things at my work place changed in such a way that the same boss came to me the other day ( now the company is laying off lots of employees) and said “We do not want to lose you.” Can you imagine, where as just a few months ago he did not like me at all. I do not know what Allah SWT has put in his mind. Also my teenage son was getting aggressive and not listening to me. I prayed and problem solved, Alhamdulliah.

So, my advice will be do not think about enormacity or impossibility of any problem, just seek help from Allah SWT through prayer and patience, and INSHA-ALLAH any problem will be solved.

Assalmu`alaikum ya akhi! Smaller font can do the work...

Almeftah

Im really bad in trying to say things from my heart. So can you help me out?

Just concentrate on the feeling that right now and at all times, Allah is watching you, and knows every word you say and every move you take and every thought that comes through your mind.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
salam

:salam2: you have to make your self correct and when you are serious and need help then you will automatically start praying from heart

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

thank you both for helping me and may Allah keep on answering your prayers and the prayers of muslims and humble non-muslims.

May Allahs blessings be upon you always

Ameen....the brothers above gave very beautiful advice .

I just want to say you do not have to be as pious as a sheikh to get your dua accepted . I just got one of my duas answered this morning. Ask from Allah from everything you want brother. It is just need to satisfy these 2 criterias for it to be accepted 1) Sincerity 2) it must be according to the sunna. Pretty much simple isnt it? If it is not accepted , Allah has better plans for you.....

safiya58

selam to all,

jazak Allahu Ckairan brother for sharing this. I´ll inshaallah also pray that way now... jazak Allahu ckairan again

vesselam

safiya58

Allah will not accept the du'a of Kafirun, unless if the Kafirun du'a only to Allah and that time he is receive ill treatment from someone, from hadits.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah

selam,

Allah will not accept the dua of the non-muslims? But why? this is something I just can´t understand. Cuz Allah is the Rabb of everyone... and as much I know Al-Rahman means the One Who have mercy for all creatures and it is related to this world and al Rahim is the One who as mercy with the believers only on the day of judgement so it is the mercy of Allah related to the other world.... am I wrong?

mali1

Is it okay to cry while making dua? Sometimes I cry out when I think of all that Allah has bestowed on me (despite of my bad ways). May Allah gives all of us peace - Ameen.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Is it okay to cry while making dua? Sometimes I cry out when I think of all that Allah has bestowed on me (despite of my bad ways). May Allah gives all of us peace - Ameen.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu..

as far as i kno yes:)maybe someone can give you referances but it is liked by ALLAH if we cry to him while we pray,make duas,supplicate...

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Crying during prayer is one of the signs that your mind is turing completely towords Allah SWT.

Once I read that Jibrael alahis salam informed our prophet:saw: that all good and bad deeds in this dunia will be weighted except tears of Muhmin crying for the fear of Allah SWT.

Rewards for it is enormus. One drop of that tear can put off the fire of entire jahannam.

May Allah SWT forgive me if I have written something wrong.