How is marriage half our deen?

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Everyone uses this famous hadeeth of "Marriage is half our deen". Did you know if it is Saheeh? Ever wonder why marrying a woman or man take a half (a big half) of the complete deen. I used to wonder why it is so important among all other good deeds which are apparent to us as greater than marrying. Here is a good breakdown of the hadeeth and a good point of view why it is :

[yt]6dH5c6d34s4[/yt]

Baarakallahu feek!

Idris16

Al-Haakim narrated in al-Mustadrak from Anas, in a marfoo’ report: “Whomever Allaah blesses with a righteous wife, He has helped him with half of his religion, so let him fear Allaah with regard to the other half.

Al-Bayhaqi narrated in Shu’ab al-Eemaan from al-Raqaashi: “When a person gets married he has completed half of his religion, so let him fear Allaah with regard to the other half.

Al-Albaani said of these two hadeeths in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb (1916): “(They are) hasan li ghayrihi.”

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11586/marriage half religion

Bubbybobble

Think of the dynamics of it. The family could be stronger that way. It's a partnership. It's like if you graudate with an engineering degree and your spouse does to. Alone you would make about $60,000 (starting off), but together you make $120,000. Being married means you can have kids and raise those kids to be Muslims, inshallah. There's so much more to say about it. But I'm running short on time.:p

elqouds2020

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Everyone uses this famous hadeeth of "Marriage is half our deen". Did you know if it is Saheeh? Ever wonder why marrying a woman or man take a half (a big half) of the complete deen. I used to wonder why it is so important among all other good deeds which are apparent to us as greater than marrying. Here is a good breakdown of the hadeeth and a good point of view why it is :

[yt]6dH5c6d34s4[/yt]

Baarakallahu feek!
(النكاح سنتي، فمن لم يعمل بسنتي فليس بمني، وتزوجوا فإني مكاثر بكم الأمم)(5).‏

2 الزواج نصف الدين: (إذا تزوج العبد فقد استكمل نصف دينه، فليتق الله في النصف الآخر)(6).‏

(من تزوج فقد أعطي نصف العبادة)(‏

فضل عبادة المتزوج: (المتزوج القائم أفضل عند الله من الصائم القائم العزب).‏

ركعتان يصليهما متزوج أفضل من سبعين ركعة يصليهما غير المتزوج)).‏

elqouds2020

(النكاح سنتي، فمن لم يعمل بسنتي فليس بمني، وتزوجوا فإني مكاثر بكم الأمم)(5).‏

2 الزواج نصف الدين: (إذا تزوج العبد فقد استكمل نصف دينه، فليتق الله في النصف الآخر)(6).‏

(من تزوج فقد أعطي نصف العبادة)(‏

فضل عبادة المتزوج: (المتزوج القائم أفضل عند الله من الصائم القائم العزب).‏

ركعتان يصليهما متزوج أفضل من سبعين ركعة يصليهما غير المتزوج)).‏
Two years of marriage, it did not work to my sunnah is not sperm, and married, I Marry the one) (5).

2 half of the debt of marriage: (if he marries a person has completed half of his religion, so let him fear God in the other half) (6).

(From the married give half of worship) (7).

3 preferred to worship married (married to the existing best of God than the existing fast-Azab) (8).

(Married two rak'ahs may offer them better than seventy rak'ahs may offer them is married) (9).

Ahsen

Two years of marriage, it did not work to my sunnah is not sperm, and married, I Marry the one) (5).

2 half of the debt of marriage: (if he marries a person has completed half of his religion, so let him fear God in the other half) (6).

(From the married give half of worship) (7).

3 preferred to worship married (married to the existing best of God than the existing fast-Azab) (8).

(Married two rak'ahs may offer them better than seventy rak'ahs may offer them is married) (9).

Brother,google gave u the wrong translation.