HOW IS RAMADAN IN THE SOUTH POLE LIKE?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I posed this question many times but I never found an answer:if a muslim person fasts Ramadan in the South Pole,how many hours should he fast?and what about the 5 prayers,if the Sun raises and sets fastly??!thanks for responding.:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
'No'muslim staying at the South pole!

I posed this question many times but I never found an answer:if a muslim person fasts Ramadan in the South Pole,how many hours should he fast?and what about the 5 prayers,if the Sun raises and sets fastly??!thanks for responding.:wasalam:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

I've checked and understand that there's 'No' muslim staying at the South pole though(if i miss pls raise your hand:wavyarms:)
but there is a Muslim Eskimos Community Center in the area it probably suited more to the adventurous muslim who visited the South pole on certain activities before The Holy Month of Ramadhan
like this one:http://www.linkmuslims.com/muslim-woman-hoisted-pakistani-flag-at-south-pole

And i understand many disadvantages than advantages staying in the South pole example like doing ibadah,food and such.

But on top of all that~Allah knows Best!

Ramadhan Al Mubarak!

~Thank you,

~Wassalam.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

Alhamdulillah! the Sahaba had asked the Prophet :saw: about what they should do in a similiar situation.

Allah's Apostle mentioned of the Dajjal one day in the morning. He sometimes described him as insignificant and sometimes described (his turmoil) as very significant (and we felt) as if he were in the cluster of the date-palm trees. When we went to him (to the Holy Prophet) in the evening and he read (the signs of fear) on our faces, he said: What is the matter with you?

We said: Allah's Apostle you mentioned the Dajjal this morning (sometimes describing him) as insignificant and sometimes very important, until we began to think he was present in some (nearly) part of the cluster of the date-palm trees.

So he said: I harbour fear in regard to you in so many other things besides the Dajjal. If he comes forth while I am among you, I shall contend with him on your behalf, but if he comes forth while I am not among you, a man must contend on his own behalf and Allah will take care of every Muslim on my behalf (and safeguard him against his evil). He (the Dajjal) will be a young man with twisted, cropped hair, and a blind eye. I compare him with AbdulUzza ibn Qatan. He who among you will survive to see him should recite over him the opening verses of Surah al-Kahf (xviii). He will appear on the way between Syria and Iraq and will spread mischief right and left. O servant of Allah! Adhere (to the path of Truth).

We said: Allah's Apostle , how long will he stay on Earth?

He said: For forty days, one day like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week, and the rest of the days will be like your days.

We said: Allah's Apostle will one day's prayer suffice for the prayers of the day equal to one year?

Thereupon he said: No, but you must make an estimate of the time (and then observe prayer).

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
very good answers,I just was curious and another time more I had the occasion to make treasure of another hadith.I have so much to learn...:shymuslima1:

mahaseeb

Asalamualikum....
I was going through the fourm and found this thread.So sister hayath84 here is the answer for your question.I live near by north pole in sweden you can call it as land of midnight sun.So the prayer timings here at present are fajar 1:55,Duhar 13:00,Asar 17:44,Magrib 22:31 and ishaa 23:55. And last year the times of siyam in ramadan were like Sahur 3:05 and iftar was arround 20:45 or 20:30.
So.. soon it is ramadan and this time its going to be a bit long than last year.. I can say alhamdulillah.. Its not so difficult.. but may be for kids and elder(older) muslims

Asalamualikum...
Abdul Haseeb

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I think questioning Ramadan North of the Arctic circle is better :) Since its daylight for months at a time, then dark for months at a time :) And there is actually a chance of Muslims there since people DO live there.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
There actually is an Islamic community in some small town in Alaska. Someone posted a story with pictures over at the IB boards.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I don't know about the South Pole, but I've heard in Alaska, where there's either continous daylight or continous nighttime for months at a time, they usually follow the timings of
A. Either one of the closest cities to their own where the sun allows a set time to determine fasts (eg. some city in Canada); or,
B. They follow Saudi Arabia's times for fasting and follow that.

Not sure if this is the correct method or not, but it's what they do....

mahaseeb

I think questioning Ramadan North of the Arctic circle is better :) Since its daylight for months at a time, then dark for months at a time :) And there is actually a chance of Muslims there since people DO live there.

Asalamualikum...
I am with you.The thread would be good if it created as North instead of south...
Jazakallah hu khair
Abdul Haseeb

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I created this thread last year and it is still alive!?I thank you brother Mahaseeb for your answer.at first I supposed that the "moony calendar" had been created to make an equilibrium during the month of Ramadan,where there are some hot places in the world where the sun sets late,while there are some other places where it sets very early.the first time I fasted it was october 2006 and the weather was quite cold,the sun sat early...this year Ramadan comes between 31st july and 1st august and the weather is totally different.so in conclusion,there are some periods of the year in which the time is "tight" and some others in which it is "wide".but in south pole???I wonder who could live there:)

auroran

They can move from there for the sake of Allaah subhaana wa ta'aala instead of living like that.

mahaseeb

I created this thread last year and it is still alive!?I thank you brother Mahaseeb for your answer.at first I supposed that the "moony calendar" had been created to make an equilibrium during the month of Ramadan,where there are some hot places in the world where the sun sets late,while there are some other places where it sets very early.the first time I fasted it was october 2006 and the weather was quite cold,the sun sat early...this year Ramadan comes between 31st july and 1st august and the weather is totally different.so in conclusion,there are some periods of the year in which the time is "tight" and some others in which it is "wide".but in south pole???I wonder who could live there:)

Asalamualikum...
My pleasure.. sister hayath84.At last you found the answer for your thread which you created last year.. alhamdulillah.But if ramadan starts in june or july then its quiet difficult.But if its in winter like jan or feb then this will be like 6 or 8 hours fasting.. very small... :)
The way you got this answer from north pole inshallah some day some may answer from south pole.

Asalamualikum...
Abdul Haseeb

DanyalSAC

Well as I was born and raised in Alaska (before I became Muslim of course) I did some research on this...

During the summer when the sun doesn't set, and during the winter when the sun doesn't rise, they often will either use the salaat times for the nearest town with a more standard sunrise/sunset, or they just use Mecca's times.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I was curious,by the way that muslims are in all the world.maybe it was a silly question,but in the planet there are different times,and I suppose that nobody except some animals live in the south Pole:SMILY303::wasalam:@bro Mahaseeb,thanks to have raised up this thread!

mahaseeb

I was curious,by the way that muslims are in all the world.maybe it was a silly question,but in the planet there are different times,and I suppose that nobody except some animals live in the south Pole:SMILY303::wasalam:@bro Mahaseeb,thanks to have raised up this thread!

Asalamualikum Sister

Hope things are good at your end by grace of almighty allah.
So the Ramadan fasting schedule is here on my table and it reminded me of this thread started by you.
So sister this time its quiet tough i think coz the first roza starts at 02:40 to 21:41 so its 19 hours fasting this year.Every one here is excited to see how this ramadan goes.Hope it goes very well inshallah.

Asalamualikum
Abdul Haseeb