How Old Were You When You ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianek

Does your husband also attend school? How are you guys providing for daily living so young and going to school? I just can't fathom paying mortgage or rent and food and bills at 16......for me that time in my life was all about getting my drivers license and getting a car......not a husband! LOL!!! :)
My husband and I argued last night about this very topic, he wanting to marry our 2 daughters off as soon as they are out of high school and me telling him I DON'T THINK SO!!!! My girls are going to college and get educated so they can provide for themselves should they need to as they get older.

s 091

congratulations.

:SMILY259::SMILY252::SMILY259:
Hi {asalum allaikum} I would like to say congratulations on your marriage I hope that you will both be happy and have a long and fruitful marriage together. To answer your question- How old were you when you got married, I am 21 and am still not married I made the choice to find the right person for me {some say soulmate}. I found that in my partner when I was 16 but it took a while to realise that we loved each other and really knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. W now have one child who is two years old and we are going to do our nakah next sunday. You may ask why has it taken five years and one child later to realise that you loves each other well the truth is we knew we loved each other truly after we had been togther for one year but because my partner is muslim and I am christian we wanted to wait for his families blessing. I would also like to comment on something that somebody had wrote basically saying that christian girls date and do things that they shouldnt. That is their choice but they are actually taught {if their family was religious} that sex before marriage is forbidden. I know most families are not religious, mine wasnt, I have only been looking into Islam for afew months and I think I know more about this religion than I do the one that I was born into. I'm just saying dont presume just because white girls dont get married young and they go out and enjoy themselves doing things that maybe you wouldnt do that it makes them all evil shataan. That isnt the case...

massi

congratulation my sister and don't care about ppl what they said
I m wondering how they say it's a wrong think to get married earlier ...but if a girl make a Zina it's a little mitake in their view ....:angryblue:

summertime

sister :)
Salam sister,

16!!! wow!!! i think thats a brilliant age to get married if you know you can handle it...It prevents you from a lot of things that young people tend to get up to when not married...Mashallah sister wish you all the best with your marriage and everything...Is your husband similar age??

ShyHijabi

Salaam sister,

Mashallah, you care more for your deen than for the modern day view on the "proper" age to marry. If my children appraoch me and tell me they desire to marry at sixteen I hope I am courageous enough to be as faithful as you.

I find it humourous that people today feel it's controversial to get married at sixteen when it was the norm until about 100 years ago. But then support from extended families was the norm until recently, now we have this idea of the "nuclear" family. I will insist my children still get an education but I will also try to help the new couple financially as well.

Inshallah, may you and your husband grow old together and watch your great grandchildren grow in deen and iman.

(Oh and I was married at 20..married 9 years and then divorced, now I am engaged to someone and I am 30)

Wasalaam

~Sarah

hager

well,

honestly:this's so young..

i wondered how ?u get married..u're 16 this's too early

are in collage?

i'm in second year in collage,i'm 19 years old..
i never think as u..,
i have to finish my collage first..

i guess u call me,now grandma:muslim_child:,lol
salam:SMILY259::SMILY259:

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum sister,

Oooohhh I'm 18 and I wanna get married inshallah! :SMILY252:

May Allah bless us all with happy marriages, amen! :tti_sister:

salam,

Sakeena :hearts:

hager

well

Hey,girls..
I suggest..the perfect age to get married's 21 years old
after finishing collage:muslim_child:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
It's been 3.5 years since I've been married, and I'm 23 now mashAllah 19 was a good age for me, but everyones different:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
MashAllah sister Raihana ,that is wonderful that u are married at such young age ,I think its the perfect age for getting married.Well people still can go to college and get education when married .why not?

waaleikum salam

palestine

Servant of Allah
Finishing college, finishing college! nonsense. you can still get educated while married. it doesn't mean that you have to give up one. don't you see muslim sisters who are married yet are educated, and some are even giving da'wah mashallah. in public and at home. Aisha was married at a young age yet she memorized over 2,000 hadiths and even taught to others. so stop with the whole, i gotta get educated first. when you marry, you fulfill half the deen, HALF! so dearest sis raihana may allah bless your wedding. mashallah. salam.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Hey,girls..
I suggest..the perfect age to get married's 21 years old
after finishing collage:muslim_child:

salam
sister when u get older u will know how difficult is to get married when u older ,u will become more picky :) when u 21 and up...

wasalam

hager

well

hey,granddaughter...

what i mean honey?
that education's so important..
and i guess it's depends on the couples...

education makes us understand eachother well..

for example:
if the man no educated..and the women was in collage..
and they get married
i think problems would happen between them

about the age:
honestly:when a girl get married,whatever she was 16,18...

where's her life?before marriage?
where's her educational future?collage?
where's all of that?

some people think that girls shouldn't educated...no need for collage
but my opinion...girls supposed join collage...collage 's society will make her communicate more with the world..

she 'lll feel that she grow ups...she become a lady
she finish collage...,
then she could get marrried

my mom get married when she reach 17i guess...she doesn't join school
she told me..
that she suffer in her marriage first...cuz she was young..
even my grandma...
after she get married..she said to my mom""u still young"..

So,if she really still young?
why u my grandma,grandpa accept the marriage

In the past,Society have their own method in thinking
Now..
We're in new era..
more knowledge...
so on...

So,ideas of the past...in the past

i know that in prophet"pbuh"..girls get married,wwhen they get their own period..

but,i think islam encourage education..so no worries,honey

about me:
i want get married after i finish collage
that's mean when i reach 21...
21...doesn't mean 80..
i would still young also..

may be when girls get married now..when she was 16,,15 happy now..but,..
when she get babies...
how..?she would still young?

in my country..it's not allowed to get married when u reach 16...
the age of marriage to get married in my country 18

don't get mad at me,angry with me
just i want to say my own opinion...

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
mashallah 16 young age but dont matter if the parents and the daughter agree together. what i am wondering about is do ppl regret when they get married because of the responsibility the carry?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
hey,granddaughter...

what i mean honey?
that education's so important..
and i guess it's depends on the couples...

education makes us understand eachother well..

for example:
if the man no educated..and the women was in collage..
and they get married
i think problems would happen between them

about the age:
honestly:when a girl get married,whatever she was 16,18...

where's her life?before marriage?
where's her educational future?collage?
where's all of that?

some people think that girls shouldn't educated...no need for collage
but my opinion...girls supposed join collage...collage 's society will make her communicate more with the world..

she 'lll feel that she grow ups...she become a lady
she finish collage...,
then she could get marrried

my mom get married when she reach 17i guess...she doesn't join school
she told me..
that she suffer in her marriage first...cuz she was young..
even my grandma...
after she get married..she said to my mom""u still young"..

So,if she really still young?
why u my grandma,grandpa accept the marriage

In the past,Society have their own method in thinking
Now..
We're in new era..
more knowledge...
so on...

So,ideas of the past...in the past

i know that in prophet"pbuh"..girls get married,wwhen they get their own period..

but,i think islam encourage education..so no worries,honey

about me:
i want get married after i finish collage
that's mean when i reach 21...
21...doesn't mean 80..
i would still young also..

may be when girls get married now..when she was 16,,15 happy now..but,..
when she get babies...
how..?she would still young?

in my country..it's not allowed to get married when u reach 16...
the age of marriage to get married in my country 18

don't get mad at me,angry with me
just i want to say my own opinion...

salam aleikum
sister we should rely on the Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) and not on our own imagination or views of others...

waaleikum salam

palestine

Servant of Allah
sister hager, what i'm saying is you CAN BE EDUCATED AND MARRIED AT THE SAME TIME. could you try to understand that please. and when a woman reaches old age, she's most likely to not have children. so you know...marry and be educated at the same time. no one is saying be dumb and married. they're saying be smart and married. subhanallah. sunnah and quran the true teachings of islam. salam

hager

well

:sister
what i'm talking about how 16?
how girl in 16 years old?
could carry the responsabllity of a Home?
of ahusband?
kids?

how????

as u said,sunnah..i don't disagree sunnah

but,i wonddered how???how for a girl ..she 's only 16?

it's not allowed in my country at all...

may be she could carry the responsabity..
Allah know the best

may be we're different in opinions...
but,that's how human being?

i have to go now.el magrab prayer...sorry,
i would love to write more,but the call of prayer
salam a likum

and before i go :

Sister/riahan
Don't get mad at me...i 'm just shocked cuz,getting married early not allowed in my country now...
bye:SMILY259:,and sorry
goodluck for u...in ur marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.