How to Deal with Christians and Jews

Faruq

As-salaamu Alaikum,
This shouldn't be such a difficult topic, but how should I go about in working around Jews and Christians when they say blasphemies about Islam? I've seen many horrible things said about this religion and I don't like it. Should I correct them, argue, ignore it or what?
-Faruq/Tyler

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Alikum

This is just my opinion but I'd correct them when they disrespect or say the wrong information about Islam, do it kindly and encourage them to learn more about Islam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalamu aleikum
Just be a good example yourself and be patient with them,don't argue .Respect their belief also,but if u see u cannot handle it just walk away from them.I been atacked many times ,even by my own family members.I just don't talk about the subject of the religion anymore,I can only show them how strong muslim I am and I'm proud of it...
Its just my own opinion also...wa salam

Laura

I hate to say it there are as many muslims saying awful things to christians anf jews aswell.......I get quite fed up by what some of my fellow muslims.

At the end of the day people of different faiths may want to gently share their religion and encourage others to join the faith......I don't believe there is anything wrong that

But there will never be peace in the world until people stop ridiculing each other for choosong different paths and accept each others views.

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

When I am confronted by unbeleivers with abuse, and hurtful comments and they refuse to listen to what i have to say in defense of Islam i just say "to each be his/her own way".

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
As-salaamu Alaikum,
This shouldn't be such a difficult topic, but how should I go about in working around Jews and Christians when they say blasphemies about Islam? I've seen many horrible things said about this religion and I don't like it. Should I correct them, argue, ignore it or what?
-Faruq/Tyler

for starters, people in the workplace shouldn't be allowed to bash anyone's religion. me being an employer we're generally told to avoid the topics of religion and politics at the workplace, because these two topics contain deep matters in the hearts of people and can cause problems in the workplace.

the best example that you can give is just by being a good muslim. your good example will cause them to have to rethink about the things that they said or once thought. i remember before 9/11 took place it was extremely hard to find people that would publicly denounce islam or people that had hatred for islam even after the first wtc attack in 93.

you should correct them if they say lies about islam. they are in fact entitled to their opinions. but they shouldn't be allowed to tell lies about the religion. don't argue or debate them on whose religion is right etc. it's a waste of time, and you as a muslim knows that we muslims are the winners, that we muslims know that Allah swt guides who he wills.

if all else fails recite surah al-kaffirun. it usually shuts people up.

:salam2: sometimes people say stupid stuff cause they are ignorant about the religion and history. What is happening in the muslim world is not cause of islam but what has been happening there for a couple of hundred years. If you wanna talk you have to learn the history first yourself. Trying to correct them without complete info would make you loose cause they are so blinded by what they see in the media.Beside that to tell a person about your religion start reading more about dawah. How to explain to a non muslim about islam. There are ways.:SMILY139:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Like brother Ayman I too can remember of one Ayah from the noble Quran and I think it speaks of everyone, be it Jews, Christians or anyone else.

"Allâh does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allâh loves those who deal with equity. "

princeton_idiot

Yes..What the brothers and sisters say is true, we should not argue but be a good example to oter people, for we are a religion of peace. But if anyone tries to make fun of your religion, they are certainly looking for a fight, so instead of reply in a bad manner just say "Thank you for asking about my religion"... They will say be completely shocked, they would be curious about you. so dont fight but just thank him for asking about your religion.:salam2:

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Some of them say all that just because they want to say it and dont want to accept the truth but many others due to their ignorance about Islam. You can help in clearing their misconceptions about Islam by giving them books, audio or VCDs. Patience and good behaviour is the key.

We have to make effort but hidayat is in the hand of Allah only. Therefore, while giving dawah to someone the purity of our intention is most important i.e. the act must only for the sake of Allah

Initially, This book may also help.

Wasalam

Attachments

• Common Questions.pdf
    395.6 KB · Views: 5