how to explain

umm hussain

my 4year old asked who made mummy and daddy and i told him it was Allah, he asked about the animals and the plants and I said Allah made everything. The other day I heard him telling his 2 year old brother that Allah made toys, bread, the toaster etc, man made stuff. I said Allah didn't make those people made them , then he said so Allah cant make toys??? I said well He can if he wanted to but he didnt people make them, he said but you said Allah made everything, so why cant he make bread, or toys etc.

I am stuck how do I explain to him in a language that he understands

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
How about...Allah made everything that is LIVING, and everything in nature (the sun, the stars, the oceans, etc.), but as for things that don't fall into these categories, Allah gave us the power to make them?

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
:salam2:

tell him Allah made everything and then people make things from what Allah made. give him a an example. Allah made food-->with food we make different types of food and drink, Allah made Tree--> from tree we can make Paper and so on.

tell him Allah created everything on earth for us and we can use things on earth to make things.

Noor to shine

I think you can tell him That Allah wants man to work and not to be lazy that is why many things are left for man to do using what Allah created for him and using the inteligance that was given to him.(sorry for spelling mistakes)

almouchie

that is quite an interesting story
a friend had a similar issue with her 7 year old son
she told me, that she told him that allah makes things that are living,& the material man uses to make whatever man wants
its better to keep things simple & not confuse a young child just yet

Everything comes from Allah---including the knowledge from the brain. We use that knowledge (from our brain) to produce things. If Allah created us a without a brain and without free will we would probably be like robots. Allah made us, and without him we would not be able to further produce and make things such as toys, cars, etc.

This is using logical statements

A---> B ----> C
A--->C

A= Allah
B= Human
C= Toy

A created B,
B created C,
Thus, A created C (because B could not create without A, nor could C be created without A)

I forgot to mention that A (Allah) does not depend on B to create C. He could of very well done it himself. Replace "C" with animals. Humans did not create animals. Because Allah is the Creator, the Self-Sustainer and because of the following attributes:

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."
(This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat al-Kursi)

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
:salam2: :SMILY139:

May be you could use this piece of info:

ALLAH IS THE CREATOR OF ALL
(by Harun Yahya)

Our Lord is the One Who has put billions of pieces of information in a place so small that our eyes cannot even see it.

Allah is the One Who has created us, our eyes, our hair, and our feet.

He is also the Creator of our families, parents, brothers and sisters, friends and teachers.

Allah is the One Who has created the food that we love for us, chocolates, cakes and candies, the fruits and vegetables that make us healthy and strong. If Allah had not created it, we would not have known what chocolate tasted like.

Allah has also given us the sense of taste and smell. If He had not given us these faculties, we would not have been able to taste the things that we eat. It would have been the same whether we ate a potato or a cake. Allah hasn't just created delicious and beautifully scented foods, He has also given us the faculties that will allow us to enjoy them.

You like some things, and you enjoy them and think of them as fun. It could be a dessert that you enjoy eating, a game that you enjoy playing, or an outing with people you love. You must never forget that Allah is the One Who makes it possible for you to enjoy such things.

Since Allah has great mercy for you, He always gives you pleasant and beautiful things.

:wasalam:

hafz

What I always told my kids was all the knowledge came from Allah s.w.t through the messengers,who then taught people how to make everything.So for example the art of forging metal came from hazrat Daud a.s. He is 4 so old enough to understand that we are being tested as to how we use this knowledge i.e to make idols thereby following shaitaan or toys etc.
You could also explain to him that people need a means to earn money like daddy etc so Allah s.w.t has given people different jobs so that they can make things and sell to each other etc.
Kids are very intelligent even at this age and they pick up more then you think.

umm hussain

Some of these answers are wacko!!

The kids 4!!!!!
Why are we gonna put an equation to him/her?
My thoughts exactly. I think he will be even more confused than he is already.

But I would like to thank all the others for their beneficial ones for his age.

Jazakhalahu khair, every one

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Some petty and immature remarks were removed. It is important to have patience, and to refrain from writing hurtful, sarcastic comments.

Please Stay On Topic, JazakAllahu khayr

Wasalam