How to get context of Quranic verses?

cbr

:salam2:

Sometimes I come across people online who try to bash Islam by quoting Quranic verses out of context.

Do you guys know of any sites that give background info on the verses so that I can at least defend the situation in which the verse was revealed?

I know of one: www.tafsir.com
But it's not exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks

:salam2:

cbr

Just to clarify why I don't really like the tafsir.com site....
I find it hard to look up an exact verse because you can only look up by surah and not verse number also. It doesn't even label the verses.

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
salaam allaikum

Try askin Sheikh yusuf Estes. He is no Scholar but he has some good audios which will let you know how to give exact meaning of the verse and where to read and how to overcome harsh Questons dropped by people. and later on any verse you cant clarify from else where then send him questons on his E-mail. and inshallah you will get the reply then.

Salaam allaikum

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

It is advised that you stay away from such websites until you are a well versed person having knowledge.

Please visit: www.answering-christianity.com , But do not give references to this website or do not copy paste text from there but read and learn by yourself. The Islam haters come to know if you use this website they will immediately reject by saying that this is an Islamic website.

One good site is: www.cyberistan.org This website can be refered as it has been awarded by encyclopedia britannica and is considered reliable and nobody can object on this website when you tell them that it is encyclopedia britannica awarded for its accuracy.

Wassalaam.
VE

Globalpeace

Banned
Shia'ism & Islam as taught by messenger of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)

Asslamo Allaikum Kayleigh,

The site that you have quoted is a Shia site and I am not sure if it is intentional or due to lack of knowledge.

I would like to suggest that Islam is based on the Qur'aan & the Sunnah; & would invite you to discover Islam based on its true sources.

You may attribute my statements on bias, however Allah (SWT) is my witness. Shia’ism has many differences with the Islam as propagated by the messenger of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and I hope that we can discover the beauty of Islam; together with an open mind.

http://www.al-islam.org/quran/

That has a lot of commentary on it, I don't know if that's exactly what you're looking for.