i am a british girl and have just said my shahada

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
thankyou to all sister and brothers that have welcomed me :SMILY149: ill tell how i converted i have been brought up in a non practicing cristian family i went to church on a sunday a a cristian camp for two weeks each summer i never realy took to the religion i did read the bible and pray but not realy noing why i was doing it wen i was 8 i went live with my grandad becouse of family problems he also was not religioes i was very close to my grandfather wen he passed wen was 12 i tryed to understand why he had been took from me i did not understand and lost all faith in religion... i was lost for a long time wen i was 17 i started meetig other muslims they was not practicing but told me alot about the religion i was very intrested but didnt follow it threw when i was 20 i applyd at my college to do a evening class to learn how to read and speak arabic i was very intrested in the languege and thought the writing was beautifl i stayed on the course for 7month i had to leave bcouse of my health but thaat ws the start of my trying to understand ISLAM i read books and spoke to other muslims i stiil held back from saying my shahada becouse of my lifestyle and i have a dog so i didnt think i could i lost touch with my muslim freinds it was only 7weeks ago i went on my facebook one of my freind who i went school with who is also a english girl had reiantly converted i was intrigued i messaged her congratulating her i ask to meet as i had many questions sshe was more than happy to help she brought some books for me we chatted and she arraged to meet me again when i went home i read the books there was one i read which made me relise islam i the true religion (A BRIEF ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING ISLAM BY I.A.IBRAHIM) i went with my freind on sunday to see a lovly lady called fatima she let me ask her question and explained everything it just felt right i said my shahada with lizzy,fatima,and may i cryed as did fatima i felt cleansed and reborn im happy i am noww muslim and just want to be a good muslimah inshallah :hijabi:

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu....

Mashallah sister you should be very happy ALLAH guided you to th e straight path.jazakallah khairan for sharing your story.

mufakkir

i am very happy to have said my shahada on sunday i am still learning but hope im guided in the right path i want to be a good muslima inshalla :SMILY149:

Salaamu 'Alaikum,

Welcome to the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of Islam. You are in a privileged situation Samantha: inshaAllah your past sins are forgiven and you start your life anew with a clean slate. May Allah keep you firm in His religion and guide you to all that is good.
If you need any help whatsoever, feel free to ask. I'm sure there are many sisters here more than willing to help.

Was Salaam Alaikum

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum sister Samantha,

Welcome to the forums and welcome to Islam. What a time to state your shahadah, days before the blessed month of Ramadaan.

mrahim

i am very happy to have said my shahada on sunday i am still learning but hope im guided in the right path i want to be a good muslima inshalla :SMILY149:

:salam2:

Praise to GOD for giving you the guidance, for us to become Good MUSLIM not just MUSLIM by name we must study the QURAN, understand and apply it in our temporary life here, once we master it, we will achieve true happiness.

ISLAM is in the QURAN and it will answers all your questions and doubts, y? bcoz it is GOD revelations not man made books.

Read and understand it in the language you can understand until you can remember and apply it to your life in this world and to prepare for salvation.

INSYA ALLAH with intelligent and sincerity couple with prayers GOD will guide and bless you more even better than the born MUSLIM.

ISLAM is for the UNIVERSE not for any particular race, custom and culture and has been misunderstood by majorities.

Hope this will help you

TQ and GOD BLESS

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND REPLYS AND FOR BEING WECOMEING THANKYOU MAY YOU ALL BE BLESSED INSHALLA MA SALAMA :wasalam:

I forgot to add, in the mean time, why don't you have a look at this link where you can order 5 free Islamic books of your choice, from IslamUnveiled who are based in Abha, Saudi Arabia. I recently ordered mine and they've already arrived (I'm in UK too). Be sure to select number 5, 'The Qur'an Translated: Message for Humanity' which is a good English translation of the Qur'aan if you don't have a copy already. As a bonus they send you 2 free books!

Aichabella

Congrat Sis you have just receive the most precious Gift in the world that is to become a muslim May Allah continue to guide you all of us in the right path Ameen

likeali4life

Congradulations sister, such a beautiful stories thanks for sharing.
May Allah reward you and keep your firm and steadfast on the deen of Islam...Ameen

samantha23

I forgot to add, in the mean time, why don't you have a look at this link where you can order 5 free Islamic books of your choice, from IslamUnveiled who are based in Abha, Saudi Arabia. I recently ordered mine and they've already arrived (I'm in UK too). Be sure to select number 5, 'The Qur'an Translated: Message for Humanity' which is a good English translation of the Qur'aan if you don't have a copy already. As a bonus they send you 2 free books!

THANKYOU VERY MUCH I JUST ORDERD THEM INSHALLAH THEY WILL ARRIVE SOON :SMILY149:

Muhannad2

mashallah

mashallah, islam like oasis in the middle of desert and it's normal and any nutral one will come to it eventually. allah protect u sister

auss20

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Really very happy to read your story, :ma: Allah Subahan Wathaala will guide and bless you more and more better than the born MUSLIM. Because there are so many born muslims still not ready to understand clearly our religion. That's why we could not say about Islam among non muslim, most of non muslims looking islam as torror, babaric, etc.. religion.

But you are very lucy person because of getting this way via your friends. If you need any help whatever, feel free to ask. I'm sure there are many brothers and sisters here more than willing to help.

May Allah bless you always. Maasalam.

Muslimgirl101

welcome to TTI make yourself at home it is very friendly here and I will make dua for you in my prayers may allah (SWT) guide you to the right path :ma: I am very happy for you sister

Wasallaam Sister

I too am born raised Christian from the UK, i converted in December last year, Since my life has been so much more complete and i have had support from Brothers and Sisters on this website, so you have found the right place inshallah

Azizati

salam alikoum

congratulation sister and welcome to TTI with your "second" family.
we are here if you need any help.
wa salam alikoum

The_truth

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, subhanallah jazakallah khayran for sharing this brilliant news with us. Allah has seen something in you that he likes so has given you guidance. He chose you out of billions of people.

My sister i would like to give you this gift and it is an E book which covers ALL the basics that a Muslim needs to know and more including how to pray, make ablution, bath and many other things and it is very easy to read and understand so it wil be very beneficial for you inshallah

The PDF can be download straight from this link:

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_downloads/kids/islam_children.pdf

What a blessed time to accept the shahada in the last ten days of Ramadan as it could also be the night of power where the Qur'an was revealed.

Please remember me in your dua's.