i am torn here need some help plz

jaguark

:salam2: dear respected brothers and sisters,

I need somebody to help me,

My little brother wants to keep a beard but my mother told him to keep it after he has left his high school (he only has 1more year to go). He is ignoring my mother and is still letting it grow. (it is very small yet, like how it would look after 3days after shaving).

I need help to clarify what is a bigger sin, to not keep the beard yet or to not listen to your mother.

Please this is urgent, any help will be greatly appreciated.
:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salamu 'alaikkum, as the hadith mentions, that there is no obedience to the creation if it is to disobey the Creator. So what your brother did is right alhamdulillah, if the parents ask you to do something haram, in this case it is, then your not allowed to listen to them... Here is a fatwa from IslamQA

I am a young Muslim and I want to let my beard grow, but my father is strongly opposed to this. Should I let my beard grow or obey my parents?

Shaving the beard is haraam, and it is not permissible to do it for a parent or leader or boss, because obedience is only a duty in matters that are good and righteous. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no obedience to any created being (person) if it involves disobedience to the Creator.”

And Allah T'ala knows best

Hope I helped in some way. Jazakallah khair and may Allah reward your brother for staying strong on the truth, ameen.

And Allah knows best

abu bakkar

All brothers stop cut beards!!!

:salam2: dear respected brothers and sisters,

I need somebody to help me,

My little brother wants to keep a beard but my mother told him to keep it after he has left his high school (he only has 1more year to go). He is ignoring my mother and is still letting it grow. (it is very small yet, like how it would look after 3days after shaving).

I need help to clarify what is a bigger sin, to not keep the beard yet or to not listen to your mother.

Please this is urgent, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Assalam alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!

Wallahi la'adhim this makes hurt and amazed that many adult nowadays are very weaken to practise some rules in islam but for the some young boys is opposite. There are many brothers whom cut the beards but they don't know that Profet muhammad insisted on it veryvery much. There are many sign and sahih hadith those scolded on it very much. It is not a ordinary sunna as many says, it is like Faradh(must do it).
And all scholar ('ulamaa) accepted that beard is Faradh to letting it grow. you may just reduce the moustache and letting beards grow.

:SMILY286:

salek

mashaallh, your little brother is doing the right thing. as a muslim we are, first obliged to obey Allah subhanallahu wataala and his rasul(s) and after then our parents. i think your brother will be very pious and noble person, inshallah, allah allmighty would reward him for his piety.

jaguark

may Allah reward all of you well. Thanks to all of you for clearing this out for me. I now too Alhamdulilah am keeping a beard. (i had been trimming it off due to my parents but now Alhamdulilah i will stand strong)

My dear respected brothers and sisters please to dua for my parents that they are forgiven for the mistake they made unaware.

May Allah bless all of you and your families.

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2: brother

my first advice is be nice to ur mother and in a very polite manner tell her some hadith and quran verses.

here are some

Allah Almighty said in the Noble Quran:

"O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle, if ye do believe in God and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination. (The Noble Quran, 4:59)"

"Ibn Umar said, The Prophet said, 'Do the opposite of what the pagans do. Keep the beards and cut the moustaches short.' Whenever Ibn 'Umar performed the Hajj or 'Umra, he used to hold his beard with his hand and cut whatever moustaches. Ibn Umar used to cut his moustache so short that the whiteness of his skin (above the upper lip) was visible, and he used to cut (the hair) between his moustaches and his beard. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Dress, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 780)"

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: "Allah's Apostle said, 'Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is).' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Dress, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 781)"

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: "The Prophet said, 'There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible). The people asked, 'What will their signs be?' He said, 'Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards). (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th).' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, ONENESS, UNIQUENESS OF ALLAH (TAWHEED), Volume 9, Book 93, Number 651)"

when i asked my masjid sheikh abt the beard he said this quran verse to me

"Say (O Muhammad to mankind): “If you (really) love Allâh then follow me (i.e. accept Islâmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ªn and the Sunnah), Allâh will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” Say (O Muhammad): “Obey Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad).” But if they turn away, then Allâh does not like the disbelievers." (Qur’an 3: 31)

Jazakallah khair