I cannot bilive this

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

i cant bilive this, how come you guys banned brother TheHumbleWun?? :SMILY32: he said good bye, and then you banned him? what kind of a way is this? betray. ok i understand maybe if he asked to be banned. but did you guys banned him just like that? over some silly issue and everyone thiinks they are right. we'r just humans and we'r not perfect, we all make mistakes. but did you think brother TheHumbleWun was going to come back and post watever you think is wrong?? DID YOU?? :mad: he was helpful with his posts and i still remeber the one he posted about 'Islam was not spread by swords'. but then he left, so then you ban him? is this right to do this? and you guys also seem to ban any shiee that joins here. its like just because they are shiee, but they didnt say anything bad in their post, they just joined and you see them banned. even if they only asked about an opinion with no intention of arguing or hurting anyone. and you also accused brother TheHumbleWun of putting on a 'humble' face and saying something else. its that a nice way to talk with someone who helped a lot of members with his posts? enough of this...may Allah help us all and guide us and not divide us.

BrotherZak

The problem is that diverse opinions are not allowed. Now i do not know exactly what happened with that brother but critical thought and discussion seems to be lacking among Muslim. Islam has many things that are explicit and clear but certain issues have different interpretations and folds of meaning. If a certain Muslim brother has a different opinion it doesn't mean, you are better than him. Tell me your opinion and the sources(quran and sunnah and reasoning) you used to derive it, but please for the sake of humility if atleast anything don't talk down to people calling all others misguided and wrong.

FreedomFighter

your probably going to have a lot to say to me. but issues like these about religion, if it becomes like this, its more like what the individual themself believes. and sometimes you state your opinion so the truth can be more evident, thats how we learn right? im not saying people's opinions are always true, but then thats how you get knowlegdable because you are able to understand the other, and you probably will do more research and eventually we'll all come to the same point in Islam. it comes down to worshipping Allah and obeying Muhammad peace and blessings be onto him. and ofcourse within that, the way to live, Islam. its time to forgive. ofcourse not everybody bilieves exactly like others, everyone thinks their bilief are right and thinks what others say is wrong. but eventually inshaAllah we will all learn.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
*perhaps there's a bigger and deeper reason than what you and others witnessed for the banning?*

and

*perhaps the discretion of a moderator was for the good of the brothers and sisters who may fall into a trap of comprehension?*

Extending a little courtesy..avoiding *misjudgement* and trying to think for the good of fellow members on TTI altogether..will make "a moderator" out of every one of us..because *then* we'll care that much more and you bet that *care* will be *sincere* and free of a lot of inaccuracies

just a thought of 2 cents value..put your way sister!

:wasalam:

FreedomFighter

don't talk down to people calling all others misguided and wrong.

did he do that? i dont think so, or else he would have been ban long ago. why only now? after he left, then it happens? astagfirullah, i dont like talking much like this about people. i only seem to hurt. and i apologize.

FreedomFighter

perhaps..yes maybe there is. but did the brother go around and post things that he belived was right? then wouldnt he have got ban long ago.

Extending a little courtesy..avoiding *misjudgement* and trying to think for the good of fellow members on TTI altogether..will make "a moderator" out of every one of us..because *then* we'll care that much more and you bet that *care* will be *sincere* and free of a lot of inaccuracies

isnt this happening all along? we'r all trying to learn all along, arent we

BrotherZak

don't talk down to people calling all others misguided and wrong.

did he do that? i dont think so, or else he would have been ban long ago. why only now? after he left, then it happens? astagfirullah, i dont like talking much like this about people. i only seem to hurt. and i apologize.

i wasn't referring to him, it was just a general statement i was making. I'm not even sure what happened to him or why he was banned.Did he change his view?

FreedomFighter

The problem is that diverse opinions are not allowed. Now i do not know exactly what happened with that brother but critical thought and discussion seems to be lacking among Muslim. Islam has many things that are explicit and clear but certain issues have different interpretations and folds of meaning. If a certain Muslim brother has a different opinion it doesn't mean, you are better than him. Tell me your opinion and the sources(quran and sunnah and reasoning) you used to derive it, but please for the sake of humility if atleast anything don't talk down to people calling all others misguided and wrong.

yes its seems people do have different opinions, and looks like its not that easy.

FreedomFighter

i wasn't referring to him, it was just a general statement i was making. I'm not even sure what happened to him or why he was banned.Did he change his view?

brother im sry. actually i knew you werent referring to him. i dont know about that your question. but i think if you want to understand alittle more, you can read his thread, its i think on the second page of turntoislam lounge, as in, in this section, on the second page.

FreedomFighter

its things like these that make us distance from the moderators, and cause enmity. its things like this that make us think bad of others. and for the other members that got ban, i dont know exactly what happened. if you ban someone, then most likely most people will think of them as members that distrupted others, which is not always the case. and why ban him after he left, and im not saying you should have ban him before. but it looks like instead of him leaving on his own, he was banned. thats how most likely some people will see it. may Allah forgive us all and guide us.

FreedomFighter

as far as i know, its difference of opinion in a matter considered crucial. yes we must avoid suspicioun, so im just saying, its amazing the more than a 2000 posts by the brother didnt get him banned, but when someone is just about to leave, they got banned. dont you think that changes just the whole thing and makes it look like the person got banned instead of leaving by his will. astaghfirullah, and ok im not saying anything bad about moderators, and that is not my intention.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
its things like these that make us distance from the moderators, and cause enmity. its things like this that make us think bad of others. and for the other members that got ban, i dont know exactly what happened. if you ban someone, then most likely most people will think of them as members that distrupted others, which is not always the case. and why ban him after he left, and im not saying you should have ban him before. but it looks like instead of him leaving on his own, he was banned. thats how most likely some people will see it. may Allah forgive us all and guide us.

Again..there's a *deeper reason* to every consequence..things happen "behind the scenes" which are not spoken about in the open..because this is not a forum for gossip and he said they said drama..that's one..two..the moderators take action for the good of *the site*..it's not like they get 7 digit bonuses for banning members!..and neither do they ban members left and right..they review this matter before making it *an action*..and personally..as a member..I would want a moderator to act on my behalf and ban those who might cause a disturbance for me or other members..because we're all here as a family and need to look out after each other even if we know each only from *this site* and nothing more!..if someone has another idea in mind they either try to be rational and review things with those related to the issue..or they leave *graciously* without stirring up *drama*

just thought I'd make my 2 cents..4..just to *get a point across*

FreedomFighter

i dont know who goes behind the scenes and gossips. now you are making it seem the brother was a big threat to everyone. oh ya, then why do the shiee members get banned just when they join. just when they asked an opinion and said they dont want to hurt anyone, they get banned. even before they join in threads like everyone, they get banned.

as a member..I would want a moderator to act on my behalf and ban those who might cause a disturbance for me or other members..because we're all here as a family and need to look out after each other even if we know each only from *this site* and nothing more!

yes.. so your making it seem like the brother was a big threat that needed to be gotten rid of.

if someone has another idea in mind they either try to be rational and review things with those related to the issue..or they leave *graciously* without stirring up *drama*
the brother is a Muslim just like all of us. and just becaus he might have had a difference of opinion, did that mean he was stirring up drama? for all of us?

its ok, im didnt ignore what you said about behind the scenes if your think i am.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Selecting parts of my replies is making you miss my point...anyway...I tried to get something across in a subtle way..but it's just going over your head (no offense)

If you have any further questions ukhti..you should contact a moderator..I am sure since they're the ones directly involved in the decision they can help you understand things much better than I or any other member would

FreedomFighter

im probably to you guys, one of the worst members on TTI. i dont want to stir up drama. but like i said not all Muslims have exactly the same opinion, we differe in things here and there. but if we are going around and threatening everyone, then ok, moderators do their work. a member that like that, at the end gets banned lke that. first everyone's saying, thank you brother, your posts have always been helpful and you respect people. then its like, nothing when he gets banned. plus was he going to come around and threaten some people? he left, then why do the banning.. plus looks like everyone forgot their brother in Islam. forgot the times when we were of help to other members.

FreedomFighter

Again..there's a *deeper reason* to every consequence..things happen "behind the scenes" which are not spoken about in the open..because this is not a forum for gossip and he said they said drama..that's one..two..the moderators take action for the good of *the site*..it's not like they get 7 digit bonuses for banning members!

i dont know who goes behind the scenes and gossips. now you are making it seem the brother was a big threat to everyone.

and neither do they ban members left and right

oh ya, then why do the shiee members get banned just when they join. just when they asked an opinion and said they dont want to hurt anyone, they get banned. even before they join in threads like everyone, they get banned.

they review this matter before making it *an action*

yes, im sure they do.

as a member..I would want a moderator to act on my behalf and ban those who might cause a disturbance for me or other members..because we're all here as a family and need to look out after each other even if we know each only from *this site* and nothing more!

yes.. sister i understand your point and what your trying to get across.

if someone has another idea in mind they either try to be rational and review things with those related to the issue..or they leave *graciously* without stirring up *drama*
the brother is a Muslim just like all of us. and just becaus he might have had a difference of opinion, did that mean he was stirring up drama? for all of us?

i copied most of what i said in my post to your reply, and pasted it here, to show you that i tried to reply to all and not just selected parts.

Selecting parts of my replies is making you miss my point...anyway...I tried to get something across in a subtle way..but it's just going over your head (no offense)

sister i hope you see that just because i selected parts of you reply, doesnt mean i didnt address about all your reply. i know what your trying to say, and dont worry sister, its not going over my head like how you might think.

FreedomFighter

brothers and sisters, opinions can change. we never know the future. but i dont think we should forget our brothers or sisters, especially when most of you have been a help to most members. at the end we are all brothers and sisters, am i right? again may Allah help us and guide us.

FreedomFighter

looks like this thread will be locked. moderators, im not holding grudge towards you. but in Islam we are all brothers and sisters, we forgive, dont we? are we going to forget all the help this brother has contributed to TTI. and also looks like one moment your being thanked for your posts, the next, your banned.

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum wrwb. i agree that in my view he was a good brother. i didn't know he was banned either. he was awesome from what i know. he was helpful and caring. mashaAllah i enjoyed everyone of his posts. they were very inspirational and for the most part accurate. Alhamdulillah that a brother like him came around. as for him being banned, i really don't know why. wish i knew that he was even banned, cause i didn't know till now. JazakAllahu khayran for your concern sister. hope the brother will be able to come back and post some more if possible. May Allah swt protect him and us and guide all of us to the straight way. ameen.
Wasalamu alaykum wrwb.

Status
Not open for further replies.