I demand to be told the truth about Islam!

B.H.

Is it true that early Islam was for freedom of religion and only later when people not strong in religious knowledge took over Muslim nations did persecution of non-Muslims take place?

Also, do most Muslims and Muslim countries, regardless of what the Quran and hadith actually say about it, persecute non-Muslims? Or, does it just depend where you are?

zbhotto

Banned
Even if we tell you the truth why would you believe us? Search the history by yourself. Go and read the history of Muslim ruling of INDIA, read whatever the historian says. You will find the answer. Go and read the history of Muslim ruling of Spain, again you will find the answer.

B.H.

Is it true that early Islam was for freedom of religion and only later when people not strong in religious knowledge took over Muslim nations did persecution of non-Muslims take place?

Also, do most Muslims and Muslim countries, regardless of what the Quran and hadith actually say about it, persecute non-Muslims? Or, does it just depend where you are?

Even if we tell you the truth why would you believe us? Search the history by yourself. Go and read the history of Muslim ruling of INDIA, read whatever the historian says. You will find the answer. Go and read the history of Muslim ruling of Spain, again you will find the answer.

I know there was freedom of religion in most of Al-Andalus's history and in Muslim India's history. I want to hear it from you what it is like now in your country and what you think about it.

I live in the US and am trying to combat the idea we Muslims are all Osama bin Laden wanna-bes out to persecute and kill people who do not believe like we do.

I need all of you to serve as evidence this is NOT true.

andi kumala dewi

:salam2:

Islam is a perfect religion that regulate all life, including in terms of respecting others. you should know that Islam prohibits acts of persecution and even non-Muslims. I'm sure you've read the story of prophet muhammad in the war, the story of Saladin al Ayyubid, khulafarurrasyidin story, and much more. look at Islam brought by the Prophet, not Islam that was brought by a group of people.

regarding your question about non-Muslims in Indonesia, I only answer here. Indonesia is a diverse country like many religions Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism. As for your question Muslims persecuting non-Muslims that it is not true, Islam is following the Quran and Sunnah will never complete this action. and of course my country to respect religious freedom.

B.H.

you should know that Islam prohibits acts of persecution and even non-Muslims

I do know that brother, and I know that in from the Prophet's time up till now freedom of religion has been rule with few exceptions.

I ask that you all answer not for my sake but for those who through ignorance are being deceived.

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
There is absolute freedom of religion in Bangladesh. A person born a Hindu is as much a citizen of this country as a Muslim Bangladeshi. However, I support more Islamization of my country- Islamization would make the lives of not only Muslims but also that of non-Muslims better (govt. would have do guarantee them their rights as non-Muslims are amanat in an Islamic government)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Allah says let there be no compulsion in religion. Islam gives freedom of religion.

nowadays, muslims are not following Islam properly, thats y u find non-muslims being persecuted.

but muslims are oppressing their own muslim brothers and sisters too for power, wealth, to appease western govts.

so u cant blame Islam..blame the wrong muslims.

dont blame the Mercedes Car but blame the unlearned driver!

also u should not forget the oppression and injustice against muslims by non-muslims throughout history even today.

:salam2:

You live in the USA,

now lets say that you refuse and dont pay tax; for example income tax. What would happen to you? You will be punished when it is realized!

Now in an Islamic rule, you are allowed to worship freely. but that doesn't exclude you from paying the government.

not the answer you where specific about but the reality for anyone trying to assess a situation.

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh brother

Here in Maldives, we do not give freedom of Religion. :)

You may say, hey? How come? Is Maldives not on the face of the earth?

Answer is: I have spoken the truth. Maldives is a 100% Muslim country for more than 8oo years (eight centuries) now. None came with sword and warned us to leave our Buddhism and accept Islam. But we accepted the Only Religion wholeheartedly and within a year or few years, whole country became 100% Muslim with the mercy of Allah. Alhamdhulillah!

It is the choice of us, and according to western way of Rule called Democracy, we have the full right to choose what we want. So we have chosen the path that leads to Jannah.

Now comes the issue. Do we respect non-Muslims and protect them in our country? Yes. That is the reason Maldives is famous in the world as Paradise on Earth, and being on the top list of Tourism.

Living in this complicated situation of the world, we are also facing threats of Christian Missionaries and other anti-Islamic movements. They come in different names. Doctors, teachers, engineers, law makers, pilots and you name it.

Due to the heavy rain from anti-Islamic clouds, some people left Islam and demanded freedom of Religion. That was the time when we were making our new constitution. So they increased their demands and some political people also agreed with them and were demanding in the parliament. However, you see the mercy of Allah. After a very long debates and quarrels, it was written and passed in constitution that no one is a Maldivian if he/she is not a Muslim. Each and every one in the parliament gave vote to it. Even the ones who debated negatively. If my information is correct, you will not see that written in any country's constitution except in my beloved nation's. Subuhaanallah! Alhamdhulillah! Allahu Akbar!

So it is our own decision and no one's else. Thus, inshaAllah Maldives will remain as a 100% Muslim country which will welcome and have smiling and cares to non-Muslims too, unless they make any offense to the Nation. :)

Then somebody may say, but how come you do not allow Churches and Worshiping places of other religions?

Let me give an example:

You are an owner of a school and you are searching for a math teacher. Several people came for the interview and you asked questions to them. One of the questions is:

2+2 = how much?

One person answers as 5.
Second answers as 3.
Third answers as 4.
Forth also answers as 4.

Immediately you wrote on your paper that person 1 and 2 will not be given the job, and 3rd and 4th will be given the job. (Assume they got equal marks in other areas).

Why did you not take them? Because even if you are not an expert in Maths, you are 100% sure that 2+2 will not be anything else than Haqq (truth), which is 4. So you rejected them.

Later on, there came many and many people who says 2+2 = something other than 4. Will you ever give them any chance to work in your school?

Likewise, inshaAllah we will never give any chance for any Religion to be widely practiced here except Haqq (truth) which is Islam. No matter what pass they has, we will not give permission. It is our own decision and they do not have any right to break it, according to so called Democracy. :)

If they want to be peaceful with us, then we are much more peaceful than them.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

safiya58

Hi

everytime when someone is blaming the muslims of beeing violent, terrorist backstabed or whatever I´m so angry my blood is boiling.

meaning of jihad:
Jihad means struggle and this struggle can lead to war... but we don´t consider the war as a holy war... only the peace for which we fight for is holly for us....!

was it the muslims or the christians who invented the "holly war?" who killed true to the motto " Deus lo vult- God wants it" more than 4 million muslims and also jews? I´m talking about the cursades.

it was not the muslims who cursaded, who colonized, who started worldwar 1 and 2 and who still invade other countries with the pretext to bring democracy..... they call it a war on terror but in real it is a war of terror!

I don´t know much about historry... but in our history even when there are bad things making us may feel ashamed also there are many good things making us proud... but I don´t believe that our ancestors was that brutal like the westerns...

the territorial expansions of the muslim dynasties, between 7 and 17. century, may was lead by the sword... like the expansions of european forces aswell.... but muslim conquerors never tried to force christians or jews to become muslim, nor to dispel them nor to exterminate them.....! where as the christian inquisition burned ppl of another believe at the stake....!

the jews lived much more happy under the rule of muslims than under christian rule....! I doubt that there is one single person no matter where he is from will claim the opposite...

our proud and principles was tolerance and condonation towards them and theirs was and is still to demonstrate power over us. they kill, rape and turtore....

it is the right of every humiliated nation to fight for their rights... when muslims raise their voice against that unjust done to the innocents, they are called terrorists... but the soldiers of the foreign troops who rape us kill us and torture us are the brave ones....?

We the muslims have to champion for an Islam which stands for progress and justice... the Islam our beloved prophet, saw has brought to us... We have the distinction between right and wrong (quran and sunnah) and we should turn back to it.... we can not wait for things to become better aslong as we don´t change our condition.... the children who are dieing now in Iraq and Afgahnistan and elsewhere are our children....

We don´t need to proof anything to anyone....! it is so arrogant and ignorant of the west always expecting us to say: "oh we are soooo sorry... we are not terrorists...." (plz don´t misunderstand I don´t mean you brother B.H.) and it is so stupid from us that we belittle ourself by acting like that... again: We don´t need to proof anything to anyone....!

about Osama bin Laden and September 11, i´m convinced it was an inside job!

here is a documentory about it.
http://nuoviso.com/movieDetail_911falseflag.htm

a_stranger

iSLAM is faith in the creator most Glorified , his angels, his books, his prophets and the last day and kader....no force can change hearts but guidance come from Allah swt. If you read Quran you find that it moves hearts and talks to minds and reasons. If Muslwms can change faith of people by force then why there are nonmuslems living in islamic countries since centries.