I do not know if God is going to accept my prayers?

windswirl

:salam2:

Well, I got an ipod for Eid, and now... I lost it. I had a dream a few days ago of satan stealing my purse, with my most valuable thing, my ipod in it(as silly as it sounds, its true. please take it seriously), and he said that the only way that I am to get it back, is if I call him my new lord and betray Allah.:astag: But I told my parents that I was not going to do that, I love Him too much. But I still kept on crying, screaming that I want my things back. But I did not want to do by accepting satan, I wanted to do it by other means. My parents got annoyed by me, and said that I will not go get it back and I never did.

Then, two days later, I lost my ipod in real life. I lost it last sunday. I have been looking for it everywhere. That sunday I had a hugeeee project to do. I was listening to music before, but then I was losing focus on my work, so I put it off to the side on my desk. My full focus was finishing my project which was due the next morning. I had no intention then for four hours about my ipod, I was just working. I finished my project around 2 A.M. and did not remember my ipod at all. I printed my report did namaaz and fell asleep. The next morning I tried looking for it but couldnt find it. So since then, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING CRAZILY!! I cannot find it. It is my most cherished worldly possession. I spent all my eid money on it and my parents did too. By the way, I only had it for two months. I am praying for Allah to help me find it. I think Allah might be punishing me because I commited a recent sin that I cry to Allah to forgive me for it. I amm soooooo ashamed of myself. It had to do with my ipod, so that is also why I think Allah is keeping me from it.

I am soooo afraid that Allah would punish me for it. I do not want to lose it. My parents said that because it was so expensive, they will never buy me any expensive thing for a couple of years. I did EVERYTHING ON IT! I do not know if it fell into the garbage either. Because the garbage is right beside my desk, so yah. I am crying to Allah constantly to give it back to me. I am afraid my parents will beat me because I lost it. I am afraid that Allah will never return it to me. I cry and cry that Allah returns it back to me and forgives me for my sin, He is the Ever Merciful. I am soooo ashamed of my sin and I feel a hypocrite too. I do not want to discuss it though. The only reason I did it was because I was curious and did not know it was wrong. But part of was because I could not control myself. I told Allah, that I will never do it again! Please oh Lord return it to me! I looked everywhere! It has been almost a week and my prayers have not even been close to being answered. WHAT DO I DOOOO????/!!!!!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First, tell your parents. Be respectful. Ask your mother to help you search. Moms have a way of finding things. Thank Allah for giving you the courage to be honest. And always always pray.

Kakorot

Assalaam walaikum,

First, tell your parents. Be respectful. Ask your mother to help you search. Moms have a way of finding things. Thank Allah for giving you the courage to be honest. And always always pray.

The bold bit is so true.. ;/

Sister, I'd say tell your mum only. And try to remember where and when you had it last.

serena77

dear sister
i'm sorry you are so upset but i certainly do understand about having one or two things that mean so much to us. the others have good advise ... mothers are good for finding things, or for jogging your memory so that you find it.
may they be patient and gentle with you when you tell them.
inshallah you will find it soon. ... try and relax and remember the absolute last place you saw it maybe that will help and contiue to ask Allah (swt) for His guidance.
serena

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Yeah well, but the problem is, she's scared of her mother. She tells her mom, she get punished. I think that's the 'real' problem here.

Btw sister, how about you change your ways, you were listening to music yeah? Not good, it's better that you loose a thing that leads to such torture. Erm yeah I call music torture for a number of reasons. Khair, I was saying you change your ways and intentions i.e you repent and promise Allaah that you'll delete all that rubbish and fill it with His words alone. That you'll listen to recitations and tafseer, which, trust me, is much more entertaining and addictive than the torture called music.

Perhaps Allaah wants to keep you away from sin, who knows He may return you the ipod if you choose to use it for His pleasure rather than His wrath.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister..now come on...what you are forgetting is the heart of a mother. Sometimes more gets done under the banner of love and forgiveness than being preachy.

She wishes to have Allah accept her prayers..lets concentrate on that.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister..now come on...what you are forgetting is the heart of a mother. Sometimes more gets done under the banner of love and forgiveness than being preachy.

She wishes to have Allah accept her prayers..lets concentrate on that.

yes\very ture mothers have a huge amount of forgiveness in them ,but maybe there was some reason its taken from you..if you were using it mainly for music...then maybe ...

windswirl

yes\very ture mothers have a huge amount of forgiveness in them ,but maybe there was some reason its taken from you..if you were using it mainly for music...then maybe ...
no i did tell my mom though. I told her to help me find it and she got stressed too about it. She tried helping me find it all over my room. she got stressed when we could not find it. it cost 350$ with my eid money and my mom chipping in. she told me if i didnt find it then ill get a beating. sry but tht is kind of reality. :girl3: anyways as i said before i think it might have fell into the garbage. i am sooooo worried. i am praying and praying to Allah to tell me what happend to it through a dream maybe, since i cannot find it. i am certain that it is somewhere in the house unless it fell into the garbage as i said. see now im almost crying again. pleaseeeee helppppppp!!!! i just want to know why Allah is delaying my prayer. i am sure aware that all of you know that youth are often impatient. please just give me hope that Allah will not disregard my prayers, that it is for good. Allah has NEVER let me down, and i know that im an awful person but that is not enough for me to know that this prayer will not be answered. Why are they not being answered is my question!?and also when i listen to my ipod, it is mainly for islamic purposes. except for that one haram sin i commited

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Dear sister, i wish so much i could help you in some way...
This things just happen sometimes, i am sure you will find it when you least expect to. If is in the garbage you cant find anyway to look for it ?
If you stille dont find it, maybe you will have the opportunity to buy another one, maybe cheaper, inchallah...
It will pass, all will be good, inchallah..

May Allah be with you :tti_sister:

Take care,

esperanza

revert of many years
dear sister iknow this seems so hard to you ,,,but one day youwill look back and wonder why u got crazy... if it was my sons lost or broke something new ,id probably get so mad at them ,but soon it would pass

maybe this is an example of how were all really too attatched to material things..

i know my sons..one\ cant live wihtout playstation one his laptop one his phone,, but thats not a good thing..but a part ofthe modern world

inshallah you will find it ,but if not its something you have to accept

and think of children in syria being shot in the street,,or children in somalia who are starving ..and you had 350 dollars to spare ..and be thankful sister for aoll that you do have

Elias55

no i did tell my mom though. I told her to help me find it and she got stressed too about it. She tried helping me find it all over my room. she got stressed when we could not find it. it cost 350$ with my eid money and my mom chipping in. she told me if i didnt find it then ill get a beating. sry but tht is kind of reality. :girl3: anyways as i said before i think it might have fell into the garbage. i am sooooo worried. i am praying and praying to Allah to tell me what happend to it through a dream maybe, since i cannot find it. i am certain that it is somewhere in the house unless it fell into the garbage as i said. see now im almost crying again. pleaseeeee helppppppp!!!! i just want to know why Allah is delaying my prayer. i am sure aware that all of you know that youth are often impatient. please just give me hope that Allah will not disregard my prayers, that it is for good. Allah has NEVER let me down, and i know that im an awful person but that is not enough for me to know that this prayer will not be answered. Why are they not being answered is my question!?and also when i listen to my ipod, it is mainly for islamic purposes. except for that one haram sin i commited

As wr wb Ya Jema'a,

Please be patient and take time to find it. Allah is Most merciful and He accepts our prayers,however, we should be patient.....Allah is so merciful that He won't destroy us as soon as we do sin and He gives us time to repent and reflect. So, sometimes it works same for our prayers.

May Allah help you!

a_stranger

Dear sister, Allah subhanahu wa taala likes to hear his servants calling him, we call Allah subhanahu wa taala mostly when we are in need of him , that is why Allah make us all in need from time to time .....this makes our hearts sincere in calling ...........dear don't worry we all loose important things.......we are humans we forget , we sleep..........i am sure if you continue to pray in time :salah: and ask Allah sincerely :tti_sister:B things will be better.