I hate my job

Hannah123

One Truth
Assalaam alaikum,
I have been working since January of this year and I get sick when i walk in this place. I don't usually complain about work, but this job is the worst. I am currently looking for another job but my husband who can't work, says that if i lose this job then he will leave me. Isn't it more appropriate for him to say okay let's find a different job for you? I mean it's complete mixing and degradation of women in this place. And they are very strict, it's just not what i want or need. I can't stand even thinking about it.

Anyway i just wish there were a hadith or something to support the fact that he needs to be supportive especially if he can't work and i have to work.

Any Help?

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam sister

inshallah allah is ther to help you in this situation, your husband must understand that he has to support you in watever the situation be as allah says in the quran :

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allaah has given the one more than the other and because men support them from their means." [Quran 4:34]

this is all i can up with, inshallah brothers and sisters will come up with more.

kayleigh

Why can't he work? Is he on disability or something?

If you hate it you should look for another job and just not leave your current one before you find another job. That way you won't miss out on a paycheck. But he's really being inconsiderate by saying that. He loses a lot of credibility when it comes to threatening you or bossing you around when he can't even support you himself.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
explain him that the atmosphere @ office is not within Islamic limits.

and Allah and jannah are more important than this world.

a_stranger

:salam2:
Sister , I think that it is very kind of you that you work and support your family , but it is unfair that you work in a place you don`t like . Try to talk to your husband and make him understand that you can`t work in such a place because you are muslama , May Allah swt bless you and reward you. :salam2:

Hannah123

One Truth
How do i do that salat? Istikhara?

thanks for your kindness everyone.
i really needed to hear support from somewhere.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum wa'Rahmatullaah,

It is a sunnah that, if one must choose between permissible alternatives, one may pray two non-obligatory rak'at, even if they are of the regular sunnah prayers or a prayer for entering the mosque, and so on, during any time of the day or night, and to recite therein whatever one wishes of the Qur'aan after reciting al-Fatihah. Then one praises Allah and sends salutations to the Prophet :saw: and recites the following supplication which has been recorded by al-Bukhari in Jabir's narration:

"The affairs as he would teach us a surah from the Qur'aan. He said:

'If one of you is deliberating over an act, he should pray two non-obligatory rak'at and say:

Allaahumma inni astakheeruka bi ‘ilmika wa astaqdiruka bi qudratika wa as’aluka min fadlika, fa innaka taqdiru wa laa aqdir, wa ta’lamu wa laa a’lam, wa anta ‘allaam al-ghuyoob. Allaahumma fa in kunta ta’lamu haadha’l-amra (then the matter should be mentioned by name) khayran li fi ‘aajil amri wa aajilihi (or: fi deeni wa ma’aashi wa ‘aaqibati amri) faqdurhu li wa yassirhu li thumma baarik li fihi. Allaahumma wa in kunta ta’lamu annahu sharrun li fi deeni wa ma’aashi wa ‘aaqibati amri (or: fi ‘aajili amri wa aajilihi) fasrifni ‘anhu [wasrafhu ‘anni] waqdur li al-khayr haythu kaana thumma radini bihi

O Allaah, I seek Your guidance [in making a choice] by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things. O Allaah, if in Your knowledge, this matter (then it should be mentioned by name) is good for me both in this world and in the Hereafter (or: in my religion, my livelihood and my affairs), then ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me. And if in Your knowledge it is bad for me and for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs (or: for me both in this world and the next), then turn me away from it, [and turn it away from me], and ordain for me the good wherever it may be and make me pleased with it.”

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6841; similar reports are also recorded by al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i, Abu Dawood, Ibn Maajah and Ahmad).

There is nothing authentic concerning something specific that is to be recited in the prayer nor is there any authentic report concerning how many times one should repeat it.

An-Nawawi holds that "after performing the istikharah, a person must do what he is wholeheartedly inclined to do and feels good about doing and should not insist on doing what he had desired to do before making the istikharah. And if his feelings change, he should leave what he had intended to do, otherwise he is not completely leaving the choice of Allah, and would not be honest in seeking aid from Allahs power and knowledge. Sincerity in seeking Allahs choice, means that one should completely leave what he himself had desired or determined."

(Fiqh-us-Sunnah Vol. II, pg 32-33)

Insha'Allaah, refer to the post below which includes audio and text of the supplication which will make it easy to memorise.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=307762#post307762

Walaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

I realised there are a couple of threads which are better in relation to Salaat-ul-Istikhara, so please refer to them below,

Istikhara

How to perform Istikhara

So Insha'Allaah these threads will be of more beneit.

Walaykum Salaam.