I have a project in my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2: dear brothers and sisters,

In order to organize a fund raising on TTI, the permission of akhi Mabsoot, who owns this webforum, is necessary.

As the thread starter has not sought the permission of akhi Mabsoot, I have asked him to return all the money he has raised so far from TTI either through his chipin widget or via PMs.

And I advice you to not send money to any member privately prior to the moderating team approving that particular cause.

aslam o alaikum,

Also, another Question

Does anyone know of a place where i can order quran and other books in bulk for a good price?

JazakAllah khair

Also, the project is still very much in it's infancy stages if there are still questions being asked as to where to order the dawah material at a *good* price.

How can the monetary collection process start before the actual cost for the project is not even determined ?

The thread starter is requested to seek permission from akhi Mabsoot via PMs.

JazakAllahu Khayran.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: dear brothers and sisters,

In order to organize a fund raising on TTI, the permission of akhi Mabsoot, who owns this webforum, is necessary.

As the thread starter has not sought the permission of akhi Mabsoot, I have asked him to return all the money he has raised so far from TTI either through his chipin widget or via PMs.

And I advice you to not send money to any member privately prior to the moderating team approving that particular cause.

Also, the project is still very much in it's infancy stages if there are still questions being asked as to where to order the dawah material at a *good* price.

How can the monetary collection process start before the actual cost for the project is not even determined ?

The thread starter is requested to seek permission from akhi Mabsoot via PMs.

JazakAllahu Khayran.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

:salam2:

bro i must admin im surprised but then again its nothing out of the ordinary at TTI makes me realize i come here for the members not cuz of the people in green
anywayz you can go ahead and remove this if you like im just going to post what i explain to u before below
But InshAllah i will continue this project and try my best to do wat i can InshAllah
Regarding planning: i already mentioned wat im doing to do the quran and translation i need and the book store in the original just wanted to see if a members knew of other options which i didn't check.
2ndly, A forum is a public place, Allahu Alam whose property this is but its runned by its member Alhumdulilah who come with sincere intention and heart to help everyone.
A small word of advice
Please everytime i have tried to initiate something, one of the admin has just put me down, you all are my elders and i respect you alot and love you all for the sake of Allah (swt), but its not good to discourage other people as elders you should help move forward not backward

JazakAllah khair

walaikum salam wr wb,

Akhi, I think you are thinking more of this project, let me just clear up the situation, there are like 2 ppl in the masjid and like 4-5 come to the masjid so as you can tell its a very small thing, and its not like US or Canada where we are trying to organize something big, these people are muslims and i work with the masjid here im a active member so i just want to give them quran and other books as gift.
I dont really see anything wrong with that?

and i know bro Mabsoot reply would be No cuz in the past me and him started a project and he later told me its not good to do this on a big scale thats why im not making it into something big, im trying to just collect a small amount which is like 500 dollars and yes u can remove the chip in but mostly if something wants to donate they just pm me, and they know what im doing and this is something on the individual basic, there are no volunteers no nothing, well to be honest there isn't enough ppl to be volunteer no one is really part of the deen and like i said in my initial post people are extremely away from deen.
Out of the 5 ppl that come to masjid 3 are students like me so they will leave soon, and 2 are people from abroad who have some bussiness to take care of so there are basically no local whom i can ask for any help or support.

ALl i want is to give these local people a small gift in the form of a Quran and some islamic books cuz SubhanAllah its so sad to see a beautiful masjid all empty (thats how it was when i came very empty), we have tried to do dawaah but we are not able to do much due to language barrier and people are not so motivated towards deen.

Thats why now since im going to leave soon i want to give everyone the gift of Quran and Pray that ALlah (swt) guides them and one day this masjid will have local muslims which are very small in number but inshALlah they will grow.

So as you can see, i cant really get much money from outside, since 3 are students and honestly we are squeezing every penny here, its something for the sake of Allah (swt) so that if i can collect some lil amount to buy some copies of the Quran i can distribute cuz i cant afford them on my own.

I hope you understand its nothing as you said with the whole planning n volunteering its just a simple thing of distributing around 10-20 copies of Quran InshAllah most likely 10, for which i need like 125 dollars but i wanted to give them " A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam" and other material so i was aiming at $500 but i got 70 so far and if you or couple of other ppl can help me just reach $150 inshAllah atleast i can copies of Quran for everyone

JazakAllah khair
hope u understand, ameen to ur dua

and the reason i might be going really fast cuz u never know when death comes
ache kaam mein deir nhn karni chehye

walaikum salam wa ramatuAllahi wa barakutuhu

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum waramathulah wabarakathu

You need to find a sponsor.There are many organizations giving free Islamic books.Contact them.But you need a proper paperwork telling them what you are about to do,the cost,the types of books you need,the amount and other relevant information.

Try to get some people involved and form a team.

Giving books might not be enough.Most people are lazy to read. They need direct input-a very inspiring dawah speech or a creative way introducing Islam to them.

Their hearts need to be "open"before they could read or look into Islam.

Allah knows the best.

As salamu 'alaikum waramathulah wabarakathu

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Salam Alykum wa Rahmatulahi wa barakatu

give them books for now.

This is UAE based charity organisation..

[email protected]

telephone. 0097143523333

Explain them everything in great detail.

trust in Allah and pray that they approve. once they approve they will supply you on a monthly basis.

inform Ansari... we might go and pay them a visit after you have e-mailed them.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Before closing this, I really wanted to request one thing, that before painting us black and blue, please do try to consider our side. We have nothing against people coming together asking for ideas for da`wah, encouraging each other and providing solutions, but when it comes to asking for donations and a monetary supplement, we cannot allow that I'm afraid.

Why? Take into consideration that if we allow one personal organization to promote and ask for donations, then what about the rest? Another person comes along, and this person wishes do to the same thing. So do we allow him? With no way to guarantee what they write is true, we simply base everything on trust and hope nobody falls into a scam or a problem? Please realize it's not a personal thing, but a general understood objective. There are corrupted people in the world, and even though I do trust and believe you are not one of them, to be just and fair we either have to disallow all, or allow all - because we're running on the same understanding for each really.

Secondly this would deviate from the purpose of the site itself. I'm sure you know this site is built upon correcting misconceptions and being able to learn together, creating discussion, but is not really a place for fund raising (however justified it might be!). We simply cannot be responsible for different types of such requests you see.

And lastly, although this forum is surely a pubic place, and may be 'powered' by all of our members, it certainly is owned by someone. Unless every single member wants to shoulder an equal share of the costs and divide all purpose and responsibility, this forum certainly is not owned by all of the members. This includes of course all of us Mods, which is why we ask that things be referred back to the Admin for clarification, and whatever the decision is with that should be accepted.

This place has been facilitated in order to increase khayr and allow each person to be able to share ideas and yes help each other along, but that doesn't mean each and every thing is allowed. I know you speak from your strong desire to get things moving and have some aid for your project, but please give us some understanding and look for other outlets which can facilitate help in monetary regards, since it cannot be done on TTI, PMs or otherwise (without explicit and prior approval). For everything else, advice, ideas etc... then these are perfectly fine. However since this thread has gone one way, please start a new thread for this.

May Allaah bless your intentions and help you derive your means, and aid you in spreading the da'wah of Islaam.

BarakAllaahu feek

Thread Closed

wasalaam

Status
Not open for further replies.