I need help

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Keep the faith

:salam2:

DU’AS TO REMOVE DEPRESSION

Question:

Are there any du’as to remove my depression?

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:

“La ilaaha ill-Allah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem (there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

And it was reported from Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to say, when something upset him:

“Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth (O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help).”

And it was reported that Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to me: “Shall I not teach you some words to say when you feel distressed? ‘Allah, Allah, Rabbee laa ushriku bihi shay’an (Allah, Allah, my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him).’”

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi (O Allah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’an the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’

- but Allah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.”

Al-Kalim al-Tayyib by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, edited by Shaykh al-Albaani, p. 72

[yt]g9fzBhndBFY[/yt]

amira87

I love Allah
Allah Karim

Jazak allah 7air for being there as a sister in islam for me. The video was beautiful and I pretty much copied and pasted alot of the stuff you wrote. May allah bleess you this ramadan. wasalam:hearts:

BrotherZak

Jazak allah 7air for being there as a sister in islam for me. The video was beautiful and I pretty much copied and pasted alot of the stuff you wrote. May allah bleess you this ramadan. wasalam:hearts:

salam just one more thing to mention try to write down what causes you to be depressed and in what circumstance. Try to fill your extra time with useful things and also try to have fun. Go to halagas, exercise, meet up with some sisters, read novles, read the quran, pray your salahs, and basically try to fill up the empy vacoums of the depressive feelings...remember this is life is soo short and soo uncertain..sometimes loneliness can be a cause of depressions and boredom...also go to the doctor and get a check up, it may also be a nutrition issue.

loveislam1

Asalam ALioum dear sister
I have been muslim for 9 years allhamdullilah, what usually gets me down is remembering my past, and how lost I was. I too left my old life to find peace and happiness and when I am depressed like this all I can think it is HIS way of telling me you are not doing enough, you are not good enough etc. and so I then despair of Allah subhana wa ta'alas mercy, and get all wrapped up in guilt and worry. Subhanallah I was reading one time when I awas really down about these cycles and the author said it is shaytans way of trying to call you back to a path of ill-ease and despair and wrong doing, he will make you think your prayer is not worth it or you are not close to Allah or that they are invalid because of your felling down......then I read something that really helped me :

"when shaytan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future"

Keep strong dear sister, keep diligent in your prayers and obligations, Allah WILL help you.....dont let shaytan slip you up and think that you are not doing good.....as long as you are striving to do better and do things for Allahs sake HE will help you

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Asalaamu-Alaykum Amira87

My dear sister in Islam,

Jazaak-Allaahu khayran for your kind words. May Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala) reward you too for your efforts in this Holy Month of Ramadaan.

May Allah (SWT):
• help us to remember Him by expressing gratitude to Him, and worshipping Him in the best of manners
• forgive us and turn to us with mercy
• keep our hearts steadfast to His religion
• save us from His anger, His punishment, and the evil in this world
• show us the truth and make us of those who are rightly guided
• show us falsehood and help us to avoid that which is sinful
• give us the opportunity of achieve every kind of good
• accept our repentance
• set right all our affairs
• save us from humiliation and disgrace in this world
• improve our religious life, for that is our refuge
• provide us with useful knowledge and wisdom
• continue to give us good health
• purify our hearts and minds and guard our soul from evil desires.
• prepare us for the afterlife, to which we shall have to return

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Some further information

:salam2:

Detoxification:

As you fast, your body is no longer occupied with the digestion and work dealing with food. It gets a chance to rest and do other important things. Detoxification takes place. Detox is when toxins and waste material are released from your tissues into the bloodstream to be gotten rid of.

The body will first store fat since it experiences the fast as a famine and saves everything it gets. After the glycogen resources are depleted, it will start to use the fat resources. The muscle tissue is still spared until all the fat resources are used, but some muscle tissue loss will take place after a period of fasting.

As a result the fasting person may experience weakness, fatigue, headaches, nausea and even depression because ammonia and nitrogen are released into the blood when muscle tissue gets used.

Health Tips on Diet during Ramadan:

http://www.ramadan-blessings.com/art_diet_during_ramadan.htm

:wasalam:

vironchopin

Don't worry, I have the same feeling too, the only thing I don't cry that often. Ha..ha..ha..but seriously we do feel that way sometimes. The best thing I normally do is hang around with friends or reading...a lot of reading. Good friends will help you a lot. An old saying: You are what your friend are...