I need help

amira87

I love Allah
why am I getting depressed I don't know? I feel like I am getting tired and lazy lately. I am very vulnerable and very easily annoyed. I cry evry easily. What is my problem!!!!!!!!! All I got to say is........even if I pray 5 times a day....I still feel down. Maybe its because when I pray, I don't feel as close as I would want to feel to Allah. I guess this is depression part 100 all over again. I wish I was stronger and more tolerant. Does anybody deal with the same stuff that I do? Its ramadan, and I am screwing up all over again. What is wrong? :girl3:

uskupi

assalam alaikum ...amira87 i assume that '87 is you'r birth year,and if its that true than it explains to me everything,you are young amira and by the time you will get stronger and stronger so when 10-20 years in forward you will laugh about that depresion you are feling now ...keep firmly to salah and you will be allright i wish you all goodnes ...assalam alaikum

muharram23

Staff member
why am I getting depressed I don't know? I feel like I am getting tired and lazy lately. I am very vulnerable and very easily annoyed. I cry evry easily. What is my problem!!!!!!!!! All I got to say is........even if I pray 5 times a day....I still feel down. Maybe its because when I pray, I don't feel as close as I would want to feel to Allah. I guess this is depression part 100 all over again. I wish I was stronger and more tolerant. Does anybody deal with the same stuff that I do? Its ramadan, and I am screwing up all over again. What is wrong? :girl3:

Salamu alaykum sister

Be patient, if you are angry make wudu. Keep in constant wudu because from one hadith is mentioned that shaytan goes through our body like blood. May Allah make it easy on you. Who else can you turn to when you need something if not ALlah? And who can remove that hardship if not Allah? May Allah s.v.s make it easy, and may Allah not make you from the depressed. Usually, people who are depressed, don't have any trust in Allah, but i kknow you do, so inshaAllah hopefully ur not. And if you dont hear ur duas answered right away, just keep making them and inshAllah when it is right Allah s.v.s will help you.

Question:
Are there any duas to remove my deppresion?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:

“La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem (there is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

And it was reported from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when something upset him:

“Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth (O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help).”

And it was reported that Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Shall I not teach you some words to say when you feel distressed? ‘Allaah, Allaah, Rabbee laa ushriku bihi shay’an (Allaah, Allaah, my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him).’”

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’

- but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.”

Al-Kalim al-Tayyib by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, edited by Shaykh al-Albaani, p. 72

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum sister
It happens to me too if I dont keep myself busy all the time :)
Try to find something interesting to do,spend more time with people,dont stay alone at all and think positve ,push yourself if u even dont feel like doing something .
Dont let Satan make u sad ,be strong and its last ten days of this Blessed time ,we dont even know if we will have another Ramadan..
Sister dont waste time on finding what is wrong ,it happenes to everybody ,just move on and get all sad thoughts out of your mind :)

waaleikum salam

muharram23

Staff member
i forgot to start with bismillah and and with "Allah knows best" that tells you how much knowledge i have. Assalamu alaykum

Shannonx

:salam2:
that sounds like me :( infact I was just like that last weekend. It's always on and off though, and it always goes away by itself. I don't handle it the way I should though, unfortunently.
**hug**
I'll be watching this thread since I need help about this too.

dna1987

Muslim Guy

I am feeling the same way! (Minus the crying part; though feel like it sometimes). I was telling hussain.mahammad this morning - I feel depressed and upset; and I'm sure it's something to do with not fasting and attaining the full reward from it.

To me it feels like all the opportunities and rewards have been lowered to an attainable level, but I'm still not jumping high enough to make the most of them - either due to laziness or perhaps I just can't, I don't know. I'm thinking perhaps because some I have been slow to reply to people via PM on tti, and someone might be annoyed at me or something. Or I have offended heaps of people who've done nothing to me. I'm certainly not as jumpy and happy as my avatar is.

Anyways, Salam alaikum.

OmarTheFrench

Salam Aleikum sisters,

Its exactly like my wife, she is very touchy and cry for nothing, its not habitual...

Its may be a new women mystery, one of others (joke ister ;) )

Take care sisters, Inch allah all will enter in order.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam alai kum young Sister Amira,

Hopefully this will be of benefit to you Inshallah.

Question:

Is depression condemned in Islam? And if it is, are there any directives on how to deal with the problem?

Answer:

No, depression is not condemned in Islam. Feeling depressed is but human; Islam does not want us to be superhuman; it only wants us to get out of this state as soon as possible.

In this regard, the true philosophy of life should be understood. We have been created by the Almighty to be tested and tried (67:2).

This trial is conducted through the circumstances we are put in. If we are put through good circumstances, then our trial is whether we remain thankful to the Almighty, who gave us without asking and without our having any right. If we are put through bad circumstances, then our trial is whether we show perseverance and patience in these times or not.

Both these circumstances generally come in a person’s life. They are his real test. He cannot be given total happiness or total misery since that would make the trial profoundly difficult.

It is evident from the Qur’an that the Almighty tests us through hardships:

1. to punish us for our own misdoings (42:30),
2. to shield us from greater misery (18:74, 18:79),
3. to sift out the evil within us (3:179),
4. to give us the opportunity to earn reward by showing patience (3:142, 76:12).

In such circumstances, a person must remember that Allah is our only Saviour and Refuge. One Whom we will never lose like our other relations; Who is always with us and Who always thinks well for us. Our objective as a Muslim is to surrender to His will, since we know that He always means well for us. This is the essence of Islam.

Remember we are only humans and there is a time in our lifes that we all feel like this. It's a test for us, we must hang on to the rope of Allah and he will surely reward us.

Allah knows best.

abdellah007

the first thing i do when i get to feel the same as you as thinking in the opposite. i mean how could you imagine your self if u give up or do not pray.of course you would be more depressed. so salah is a gift we should thank allah for it. and dont forget sister that the iman might be decreased and encreased. dont loose this chance of the last 10 days of ramadan. they re the best days for doua.

good luck sister.

wassalam

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous

actually i do know how you FEEL i am feeling a similar way, I cry like every other day, but I also feel growth every tear, I am supplicating more, it may not be arabic but I think Allah is getting my call. I think some good is coming to you sis, real soon and Allah is testing. so stay strong, and hold on to rope of Allah

Ahmed2007

Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the rememberance of Allah. Verily in the remeberance of Allah do hearts find rest”

SUBHANALAHI WABIHAMDIHI SUBHANALAHIL ADHEEM

user expired!

asalamualaykum.

U may be lacking sum key vitamins due to ur diet and lack of food in regular intervals.

My friend was feeling quite down in Rmamdan so he went to the doctor and he told him to take sum tablets.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

Its ramadan, and I am screwing up all over again

How many times have i thought that these past few weeks...i lost count!

I am feeling the same way! (Minus the crying part; though feel like it sometimes). I was telling hussain.mahammad this morning - I feel depressed and upset; and I'm sure it's something to do with not fasting and attaining the full reward from it.

To me it feels like all the opportunities and rewards have been lowered to an attainable level, but I'm still not jumping high enough to make the most of them - either due to laziness or perhaps I just can't, I don't know. I'm thinking perhaps because some I have been slow to reply to people via PM on tti, and someone might be annoyed at me or something. Or I have offended heaps of people who've done nothing to me. I'm certainly not as jumpy and happy as my avatar is.

Perfect analogy...definitely..its all about doing the "high jump"...Yes ure avatar is an example to us all :(

i mean im so grumpy if somebody says 'its EID SOON' i feel like grumbling at them and telling them to just forget it... i dont even want to think about eid!! :SMILY23:

This thread made me feel worse...c'mon ppl turn it around, think about it, the remainder of Ramadhan is the best part...we could catch Layla-tul Qadr! who knows?

[yt]K8hoWlXJjC8[/yt]

carpe noctem!!

Ahmedkaafi

Asalamu Alaikum Amira

when u r thinking don,t think only the bad side,that it makes u cry very easily,remember good side thinking makes u smile, tell ur mind every thing that Allah wrote will happen insha-Allah and every things that Allah has not wrote will not happen so u don,t need to think about all that things. and I advice u to marry if u r single Insha-Allah a Good muslim man,and i Hope that ur problems will be finish insha-Allah
:salah:

amira87

I love Allah
you guys are so great

jazak alla 7air for your help and may allah protects us all from grief. Inshallah our strengths will over power our weaknesses. I guess I can be a baby sometimes, and that is a sign of giving up. I don't want to go back to my old ways. That i why I came to islam........to be cleansed and to have a reason to be alive in the first place, and that is to submit to Allah. Inshallah I will be strong and inshallah our ummah will become stronger too. :)

amira87

I love Allah
Assalmu alaikum rahmatallah wa barakatu

may allah reward you for helping me out. and those around who are watching these quotes. This is why Islam is so peaceful and soothing to the heart. The ummah always has eachother's back....may allah guide our ummah the straight path. I feel so much more happy now.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
may allah reward you for helping me out. and those around who are watching these quotes. This is why Islam is so peaceful and soothing to the heart. The ummah always has eachother's back....may allah guide our ummah the straight path. I feel so much more happy now.

Alhamdulilah Sister glad to hear it :)