I need HeLP

Aisha12

assalam alakum everyone

i have a question i've been thinking about putting on a niqab lately but i had a talk with my husband and he said that i cant put it on
if i put it on would i be disobeying my husband? :girl3:

Assalam alaikum

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum,

I don't wear niqab, but I'll tell you this, your heart is for it, for Allah alone.

Sister, if this is for Allah (SWT) obey Allah (SWT) and you are not disobeying your husband, tell him you do it for Allah (SWT). That it will protect you from onlooking sr=trange men, for safety, but first anf ofremost for ALLAH (SWT) Alone inshallah!

I hope this helps inshallah, may Allah (SWT) bless you and guide you ameen.

salam,

Sakeena

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister

best is to ask a scholar or an imam that you trust and give you support from Quran and sunnah

:salam2:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2: Sister, its great to hear from you - I hope you're well inshaAllah :)

(...I just wanted to drop a salaam since I was so happy to see your post lol!)

Whats your husbands reasoning for disallowing a niqaab? if its for the sake of personal safety, I can empathise (though I dont agree :rolleyes:) but try to convince him nicely ..and ask a scholar.

I wont put what I would do, cos its probably the wrong way to go about it :D :D

Okay sweety :hearts: take care, Im really happy to see your post :SMILY139:

Amir_of_spain

well heres another way of looking at it? is it compulsory to wear niqab? is it better to stay as a hijabi, so theres peace in the house and your husband is happy. To do a good action which makes things bad in the house, you have to consider is it worth it? Obviously u have the final say, but u do live with your husband and so u should take his views into consideration, how it will affect the family.

ahmed m

Imam Abu-Hanifa (Rahmatullah alaih)- the face and palms is excluded from hijaab but the condition is there should be no fear of fitna. The Hanafi Jurists have said due to the immorality of times and weakness of resistance, it is compulsory for a female to cover her face which is the focus of her beauty.

Imam Shaf’ie, Imam Malik and Imam Ahmed (Rahmatullah alaih) –It is not permissible for a lady to expose her face and palms whether there is danger of fitna or not.

‘O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (except eyes to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed.’ (33:59)

‘They will not reveal their adornment except to their husband or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women.’ (24:31)

i personally dont like to giv personal opinions on topics related to islam. above i have outlined what the rulings are with regards to the niqab in the sunnah and the hadith.

my advice would be to sit down with your husband and discuss this matter properly. approach this matter with the best levels of respect.try to make your husband understand the importance of the niqab in a muslim womens life.

more importantly though, plz make dua to Allah to make it easy for you to follow this blessed and beautiful practice shown by Allah and his beloved prophet.

jazakallah

Amir_of_spain

Look at the verse u used, '...so as not to be annoyed'. wearing niqaab has now become a risk for the muslim women, she will become annoyed, and attacked by people. So does the niqaab serve its function in these situations?

ahmed m

my brother, as muslims we should always look towards the ulema when referring to the quran and sunnah. alhumdulillah, this society isnt babaric that sisters wearing the niqab will be attacked. i can say by praising Allah, my two sisters wear the niqab, my mother wears the niqab, my aunties wear the niqab as well as one of my gran aunties. let alone being attacked, they have hardly been verbally abused. yes i agree with you, maybe a few unfortunate incidents might have occurred and may allah reward those that went through this sacrifice. but these are just a few. its like saying, many women have been raped so now all women should now stay at home? few incidents shouldnt put someone off. yes i agree, extra care should be taken eg taking main roads rather than back allys. hope i have made things clear and i ask for forgiveness if i addressed this matter in an undesired manner.

jazakallah

ahmed m

you are absolutely correct brother amir. if for example, sisters wearing niqab in a certain area were continuously abused and maybe some killed, then the sisters will have to consider the following option. if its small area for example a little town in england, then its best for the sisters in that certain area to make hijra to another area. however, if its in a certain country then hijra will need to be made to another country. alhumdulillah with the grace of Allah, here nothing of this kind has been witnessed. a few cases here and there have been reported, but no certain area has befited this scenario. other reasons could be if she is locked up for instance, and told she will be killed. basically if taking of the niqab or being killed is the only options.we should thank Allah that we have this freedom and are not in these conditions. alhumdulillah, let alone no harms being in wearing the niqab, there are a huge number of benefits. there are many, but the main one is that individual protects her chastity. this beautiful practice tht Allah and his rasool have tought us shouldnt be overlooked, but should be adopted which will verily become a means for a women to gain a closer connection with Allah almighty. my brother amir and sister aisha, have i explained it clearly? apologies if i havent

jazakallah

ahmed m

YOU RIGHT brother amir. if sisters have been killed and abused in a certain area, then the muslims should consider hijrah. also, if a sister is in a situation where if she didnt take her niqab off she would be killed, then it would be ok. alhumdulillah we arent in this situation. sisters are encouraged to practice this beautiful practice shown to us by Allah and his rasool. let alone harms, many benefits are there for those who wear the niqab in this society. many are there, the main one being protection of chastity. this is one way in which a women can gain a closer connection with the lord of the worlds. brother amir and sister aisha, have i made the situation clear? if not apologies.

jazakallah