I need help.

Sophiane

:salam2:

Brothers and sisters before I tell you my story I need you to all understand that this is very embarassing for me and I am really ashamed of myself and I genuinely want to repend for what I have done, so I'm asking you for any help or advice you can give me.

I am a 18 year old muslim man living in the UK and I have recently left home to go to university to study. Before I left home I wasn't the greatest muslim however I stayed away from the haram things. However now that I have moved to university I've almost lost touch with my religion and I've been doing some very bad things, such as drinking alcohol. I know that Islam teaches that Allah Subhana Wa Tala is very forgiving but I want to know if it is possible for Allah Subhana Wa Tala to forgive me, if I can repend or if I have indeed crossed the line of forgiveness.

I'd also like to know how I should go about repending for my sins because I would really like to get back on the right track and become a better muslim. I feel the way I've acted isn't fair on my muslim brothers and sisters or my family because although my parents don't know what I've done, I feel like I've inflicted a great deal of disrespect on them.

Thank you and :salam2:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:wasalam:

Firstly, i just want to say that dont open your sins in front of other people. InshaAllah.

MashaAllah, you're worried and want to sort yourself out! *thumbs up* :)

I know that Islam teaches that Allah Subhana Wa Tala is very forgiving
Alhumdulillah it is so good to see that you DO have hope. Allah will forgive each and every sin of yours so long as you repent and abstain from such evil deeds in the future *inshaAllah*

I read this and inshaAllah it will be of benefit to you too, :)

Allah says: “Say: O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Sûrah al-Zumar: 53]
This verse speaks about those who repent. It tells us that any sin, no matter how major, is expiated by sincere and proper repentance.

There are conditions for repentance to be sincere and proper. The first of these is that the penitent person desists from the sinful act. The second is that he feels deep and genuine regret for having committed the sin. The third is that he resolves in his heart never to return to the sin again. Finally, if the sin caused a transgression against the rights of another person, he needs to do his best to make amends.

When Allah sees this sincere repentance from one of His servants – a servant who truly turns to his Lord in fear and hope – He not only forgives the sin, but replaces those sins for good deeds to the servant’s credit. This is from Allah’s infinite grace and munificence.

Allah (SWT) Most High says in Noble Qur'an, "Ask your Lord for forgiveness and then turn in repentance to Him..." (11:3)

Also Allah (SWT) Most High says in Noble Qur'an, "O you who believe! Turn (in repentance) to Allah with sincere repentance; Perhaps your Lord will remove your evil from you... " (66:8)

It should not be forgotten that we, being human beings are prone to committing sins. Sinless are nobody in the universe except the Masumeen *Innocent* and the Noble Prophet Muhammad (saw).

Once there was a woman and she had lost her suckling infant. She lost her mind missing him and picked up any infant in sight and breast fed him. Prophet (SAW) asked could this mother throw her infant in fire. Companion answered that she would never do that. Prophet (SAW) said, “ Allah (SWT) is more merciful to his servants than this mother for her infant.” SubhanAllah!

I hope this seriously is of use to you :) Remember that Allah will forgive ANY of your sins, even if it were to fill whatever is in between the heavens and earth. You can never "cross the line of forgiveness". The only sin Allah doesnt forgive is shirk. *Except they do true tawbah* Also, look at some of the names of Allah;
al-Ghafoor: The most Forgiving
al-’Afuw: This is another aspect of forgiveness
al-Tawwab: The Acceptor of repentance
al-Haleem: The Clement
al-Rahman and al-Rahim: The most Merciful and Compassionate

Bro, don't delay and repent to Allah as soon as possible!

Wassalaamu'alaykum sister

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Repenting to Allah

The following article is taken from a new Islaamic Magazine called "Ad-da'wah ilallaah: The Call to Allaah", Volume 1 Issue 1.

The word Tawbah (Repentance) in Arabic literally means 'to return'. In an Islamic context, it refers to the act of leaving what Allaah has prohibited and returning to what He has commanded.

The subject of repentance is one which concerns all people who believe in God, and is vital one for the Muslims to understand because our salvation in the hereafter is dependent on our repentance to Allaah, as is shown by Allaah's order: "AND TURN YOU ALL TOGETHER IN REPENTANCE TO ALLAAH O BELIEVERS, THAT YOU MAY BE SUCCESSFUL" [An-Noor (24):31]

In Soorah al-Baqarah, Allaah tells us: "SURELY ALLAAH LOVES THOSE WHO TURN UNTO HIM IN REPENTANCE AND LOVES THOSE WHO PURIFY THEMSELVES." [2:222]
This shows how pleasing our repenting is to Allaah. Also, the Prophet, Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam gave us an example of just how pleasing to Allaah our repenting is an authentic hadeeth in which he,Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam said: "Allaah is more delighted with the repentance of His servant than one of you would be, who suddenly finds his camel laden with supplies after 22losing it in a barren land" (1)

Try to imagine your joy if you were to suddenly retrieve everything you ever possessed after losing all hope of recovering what you had lost. Then think that Allaah's delight is even greater than this when His slave repents to Him. So much so, that if man stopped repenting to Allaah, He would replace us with another creation that would turn to Him for forgiveness. The Prophet, Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam said: "If you did not commit sins, Allaah would sweep you out of existence and replace you by another people who would commit sins, ask for Allaah's forgiveness and He would forgive them." (2)

The problem with many of us today, is that we don't fear Allaah, which means that we don't think twice about disobeying Him and therefore falling into sin, which we give no real tought to. So perhaps we should think about the statement which Ibn Mas'ood (3) radi Allaahu 'anhu, made: "A believer sees his sins as if he were sitting under a mountain which he is affraid may fall on him, whereas the wicked person considers his sins as flies passing over his nose and he just drives them away like this (and he moved his hand over his nose in illustration)." (4)

NEVER DESPAIR Someone might say, 'I want to repent but my sins are too many.' But Allaah says: "SAY: O MY SLAVES WHO HAVE TRANSGRESSED AGAINST THEMSELVES! DESPAIR NOT FOR THE MERCY OF ALLAAH, VERILY ALLAAH FORGIVES ALL SINS. TRULY HE IS OFT FORGIVING, MOST MERCIFUL." [Az-Zumar (39):53]

Therefore, we should never lose hope or stop asking for Allaah's forgiveness. Its importance is shown to us in a hadeeth in which the Prophet, Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam said: "O people! Turn to Allaah in repentance and seek His forgiveness, for surely I make repentance a hundred times every day." (5)

Repentance is such a great act of worship that doing it can totally erase our sins altoghether, as the Prophet, Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam said: "One who repents from sin is like one without sin." (6)

ONLY ALLAAH CAN FORGIVE SINS Forgiveness for our sins is not something that comes automatically, it is something that must be sought sincerely and with consciousness. Also we should remember that it is only through Allaah's Mercy that anyone will ever enter Paradise. The Prophet, Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam advised: "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and rejoice, for no one's good deeds will put him in Paradise." The Companions asked, "Not even you O Messenger of Allaah?" He replied. "Not even me unless Allaah bestows His pardon and mercy on me." (7)

Therefore in Islaam, salvation rests on faith (which includes), good actions and hope in Allaah's mercy, all combined in truly unique manner which is not found in any other religion or system. Furthermore, it is only Allaah who can forgive our sins and He is not in need of any intercessor. The proof for this is in a du'aa (supplication) which the Prophet Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam taught his closest Companion Abu Bakr(8): "O Allaah, truly I have wronged myself and none can forgive sins except you." (9)

Therefore it is a complete waste of time asking forgiveness from the people such as "saints", pious people or even the Prophet Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam.

Allaah say in reply to people who do such things: "VERILY, THOSE YOU CALL UPON BESIDES ALLAAH, ARE ONLY SLAVES LIKE YOURSELVES." [a;-A'raaf (7):194] It is important that we never despair of Allaah's Mercy - no sin is too great to repent for... or too little for that matter. As one of the salaf (Pious predecessors) said: "Do not look at the insignifance of your sins, but consider the greatness of The One you are disobeying." (10)

Hana Askar

I can add no further, Masha'Allah the sisters have mentioned what
you need to do. May Allah guide you and protect from falling again in such
sins. Ameen :tti_sister:

Always insha'Allah keep in mind that :
There are conditions for repentance to be sincere and proper. The first of these is that the penitent person desists from the sinful act. The second is that he feels deep and genuine regret for having committed the sin. The third is that he resolves in his heart never to return to the sin again.

:)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Firstly, i just want to say that dont open your sins in front of other people. InshaAllah.

I completely agree with this statement.

Brother, you will know the answer if I ask you this question. Do you pray 5 times a day? If you don't then pls do so. Always prayer first the rest will follow. If you have urge to drink alcohol, take wudhu and postpone and pray. We commit sins because shaitaan let us into it, so everytime you committed a sin you repent immediately and "punish" your self. Punish? You may wonder. E.g. if you drank alcohol, you "punish by repenting and you wake up at night and pray. Shaitaan will be very disturb when you do this everytime you commit sin. Depending on type of sin you do, you "punish" your self accordingly.

Do not ask for reference for what I say, just a suggestion and just how I practice.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
yes brother, Allah can forgive u if u sincerely repent.

to be a good muslim, always remember that death can come any moment. sins can make life difficult. be with good muslims and avoid bad company.

pray to Allah and seek His forgiveness. may Allah help you.

arzafar

the only One who can forgive you is Allah. Nobody loves you more than Him. Now seek forgiveness immediately, do not delay.

marian87

Allah forgives everything except shirk and if you hurt another human being,
But drinking alcohol is a sin against yourself which can be forgiven when you ask Allah! make dua and make a positive step in the right direction. Dont ever look back, inshallah if you pray for Allah to guide you in the right way it will happen. 'ALLAH IS THE MOST FORGIVING MOST MERCIFUL '
:tti_sister:

ansari

STRANGER...

Allah says in the Quran :-

39_53.png

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Al-Zumar:53).
-----------------------------------------------
25_70.png

" Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful". (surah Al-Furqan:70)

-----------------------------------------------

3_135.png

And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah - And do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know. (3:135)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

Brothers and sisters before I tell you my story I need you to all understand that this is very embarassing for me and I am really ashamed of myself and I genuinely want to repend for what I have done, so I'm asking you for any help or advice you can give me.

I am a 18 year old muslim man living in the UK and I have recently left home to go to university to study. Before I left home I wasn't the greatest muslim however I stayed away from the haram things. However now that I have moved to university I've almost lost touch with my religion and I've been doing some very bad things, such as drinking alcohol. I know that Islam teaches that Allah Subhana Wa Tala is very forgiving but I want to know if it is possible for Allah Subhana Wa Tala to forgive me, if I can repend or if I have indeed crossed the line of forgiveness.

I'd also like to know how I should go about repending for my sins because I would really like to get back on the right track and become a better muslim. I feel the way I've acted isn't fair on my muslim brothers and sisters or my family because although my parents don't know what I've done, I feel like I've inflicted a great deal of disrespect on them.

Thank you and :salam2:

brother, none of us are perfect and many of us are making tawbah every single day because of our transgressions. that's all that you really need to do. make tawbah and a firm commitment to not return to that sin. whatever you do, don't let that sin make you feel so shameful that you are too embarassed to make tawbah, because that happens to people. heck, it's even happened to me before. now that you are in a university, you may be around people that do not have your best interests at heart, so the best recourse for a young muslim in college is to associate with fellow muslim students there. i think most unis in Britain have muslim student organizations that support one another. take a look into it. it may keep those negative influences away, insha'ALLAH.