I need some advice

A-believer-25

:salam2:

I need some help in finding a profession. I have been going to College for almost 3 years now, and I am not sure what I want to do. My current major is graphic design but I don't think I want to keep this major. I am not really good at math. Do you guys know of some high paying jobs that does not really require a whole lot of math for people like me?

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

President Of The United States.

Seriously, find your passion. Find your mission in life. Spend your last year in college preparing for that mission. Even if it means going another year to college. Personally, I am not a hundred percent sure what graphic design is; however, it seems like it would be easy for you to switch over to one of the high demand professions such as computer forensics or dial-a-tech. Most of the time all the techs are doing is feeding in the data to a second computer and reading the solution to you or thumbing through a tech manual until they learn the most common solutions by memory. I know that I have called tech up and told them what I did to try and correct the problem and they would politely tell me they can help me and than step by step take me through the same procedures that I told them I had already done, than they transfer me to some one else from whom I am disconnected and eventually I get someone that knows how to fix the problem The most important thing is to love what you are doing. Twice I took temporary jobs and rose to permanent supervisor. After one or two supervisor jobs you can usually hire in as a supervisor. I have worked high steel construction, manufacturing, Master Dog Trainer, long haul team truck driver, and maintainance supervisor at six apartment complexes all owned by the same man. I don't know how to change a light bulb. But, I new how to manage and motivate workers and assign the right man to the job. If you don't love what you are doing, you are doing the wrong job.

Was Sallam

weakslave

Thinking too much about money! Leave money aside and focus on earning a decent living and sustaining a family.

There is a great arabic poem:

Ask Allaah from what He has
Do not ask the people for what they do not possess

Istikharaah is the best way of asking Allaah subhanahu wa talaa. Coupled with dua during sujood, before going to bed and basically any time you need something turn to Allaah believing He can grant you more than you can imagine.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

MashaAllaah! Great advices given up there.

Anyways, Yeah, you SHOULD find your passion and let it lead you to the most suitable profession. If you do something that you are so passionate about, you'll be contented with your life and happy with just about everything even if the earn is low because what matters the most is the Journey and Experience.

Does graphic design require lots of Maths? But I'm sure not as much as engineering, right?

Oh and you can try to take the personality test (which I just took yesterday, Lol). Maybe it can help you give a brief idea some of the carriers that would suit your personality.

Wassalam.