I need some help please

al-muslimah

Salamalycoum everyone,

Ramadan Mubarak to all of you :)

There is a lady that converted to islam recently(1 week ago), who works as a servent in a cafe. My parents got to know her from that place. Shes the one who serves my parents always. My parents treat her very well. Anyway that lady phoned my mom that day and asked my mom if she could teach her about Islam. My mother was so happy that the lady asked her to teach her about islam. but my mom is not that good in explaining such things in english so she asked me if i could explain everything to the lady and teach her about islam. I was so happy and i told my mom "yes please i would love to do such thing so please let her come anytime". so my question here is:

-What are the important things that a new muslim should know? there are billion of things in islam and lots of information. what are the main things that i should start teaching her? and what should i begin with?
- Where can i find philipino islamic websites, since the lady is philipino?

May allah reward those who reply :hearts: please help me spread the message of islam. Thankyou :)

yasin67

another site

there are also some topics in this site.You may search for words or topics in the site.
http://www.risaleinur.us/

I think you should start with telling her about Allah swt., His books , His angels and His Prophets.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
AS-salaamu `alaykum.

Begin where the Messengers began, with tawheed. Teach her about the shahaadah inshaa' Allaah, its meanings etc. Tell her about the hadeeth of Jibreel, and about the various aspects mentioned with in (the 5 pillars, 6 articles of faith etc). As for books, then Darussalam publishers have a great range of beginner books, I would seriously reccommend possibly buying and giving her a couple or a few. Remember that in order to call people to Islaam, and to teach, we must ourselves possess the necessary knowledge (and act upon it). May Allah aid you in this task, and may Allaah keep her firm upon Islaam, ameen.

Remember, in these forums theres a section full of introductory articles to Islaam, check them out, especially the stickies!

Was-salaam

aelshamy

AS-salaamu `alaykum.

Begin where the Messengers began, with tawheed. Teach her about the shahaadah inshaa' Allaah, its meanings etc. Tell her about the hadeeth of Jibreel, and about the various aspects mentioned with in (the 5 pillars, 6 articles of faith etc). As for books, then Darussalam publishers have a great range of beginner books, I would seriously reccommend possibly buying and giving her a couple or a few. Remember that in order to call people to Islaam, and to teach, we must ourselves possess the necessary knowledge (and act upon it). May Allah aid you in this task, and may Allaah keep her firm upon Islaam, ameen.

Remember, in these forums theres a section full of introductory articles to Islaam, check them out, especially the stickies!

Was-salaam

:salam2:

Tell her about the 5 pillars of Islam Shahadah and this inclueds tawheed and tell her about the prophet :saw: and Quran then tell her about salat and the other pillars. When the prophet :saw: sent Mouaz to Yemen he told him how to invite the pepeole to Islam:

" It is reported on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas that Mu'adh said: The Messenger of Allah sent me (as a governor of Yemen) and (at the time of departure) instructed me thus: You will soon find yourself in a community one among the people of the Book, so first call them to testify that there is no god but Allah, that I (Muhammad) am the messenger of Allah, and if they accept this, then tell them Allah has enjoined upon them five prayers during the day and the night and if they accept it, then tell them that Allah has made Zakat obligatory for them that it should be collected from the rich and distributed among the poor, and if they agree to it don't pick up (as a share of Zakat) the best of their wealths. Beware of the supplication of the oppressed for there is no barrier between him and Allah." Sahih Muslim

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please take a moment to teach her about the wives of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. They provide an excellent example of how believing women should behave.

palestine

Servant of Allah
tauhid and pillars of islam, then move on from there to what you think is he next most important thing inshaAllah. buy her a tauhid book in english. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

*FatimaFilsan*

Give her a brief summary of Tawheed, the pillars of iman, pillars of Islam and after that teach her to pray. After she learns to pray you can go back and teach her more about the things i mentioned. The brothers and sisters made some good suggestions, you wouldn't go wrong if you tried any of them or all of them. Insha Allah i hope everything goes as planned for you.

al-muslimah

Jazakom allahu khayran brothers and sisters:)
Mashallah very good suggestions that i was really in need. Baraka allahu feekom.

akkhanam_05

3SALAM3LAKUM;

Being a new Muslim of 3 1/2 years, Alumdullilah, it is imoptant not to over whelm her. As others have said, teacher her the pillars and the articles of faith. Give her some websites and maybe even print up some material on how to pray, then pray with her. But, more important than anything, she needs a copy of the Quran that she can read. If you can't find one in Phillipino right off hand, just give her an English one for now. I know there has to be somewhere to order one. I will search some web sites and InshAllah I will get back with you if I find anything.May Allah (swt) guide and bless you.

AllahHudafiz!

munawarah

assalaamu alykum wa rahmatullah

im not sure if its too late to reply?!

u can teach her (in detail) our beliefs in the following seven things:
allah
his angels
his books
his messengers
the last day (judgement day)
that fate (good or bab) is predertermined by allah
and life after death

then go onto the pillars of islam

wassalaam
*hope this post helps!!

al-muslimah

salam!

jazakom allahu khayran all of the posts really helped me :) shukraaaan!

just wanted to tell you guys that alhamdulilah i managed to find a quran online in lots viruous languages..one of them was in filipino :)

shichemlydia

trial to help

salama likoum sister,
first we ask allah to make the faith of this new sister stronger ameen,
try to teach her the basis of islam, i mean the pillars the meanings of shahada the prayer......
and most importantly, the belief system in islam, the oness of allah, the angels, the prophets, the scriptures......try to put emphasis on the case of jesus, tell her what the muslims think about jesus and his mother mary.
do not forget also to tell her that islam is about practice , it is not about the title, as some muslims think, so she has to practice everyday.....
i guess, if she understands these elements, and get them well practiced she will become a good muslimah inchae allah,
then, the less important thinks will come later, because islam is wide so she should start step by step, otherwise it will appear to her so huge and unable to practice it.
may allah help the new sister and reward you for teaching her , ameen,
wa salam alikoum