I need to books of the Sayyid Qutub

UmmTalal

Alhumdullah!
Wa Alaykum Salam after reading this though now I am going to question and analyze everything I read and wonder if it is worth it astagfurAllah.

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
Wa Alaykum Salam after reading this though now I am going to question and analyze everything I read and wonder if it is worth it astagfurAllah.

Of course sister, we have to analyze everything that is written in the name of Islam here or elsewhere and take a call based on the authenticity and final authority.

I too have came across some articles which are like dicey and doubtful for that matter and hence I refrained from it

wassalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum,

I really don't want to make this a matter whereby people are marked by their views on individuals, but the following needs to be noted in light of some statements I've read here.

On Al-Albânî praising Qutb

Using the intercession of Shaykh Ibn Bâz as proof for Sayyid Qutb, rahimahumallah

On the last point, Shaykhs `Uthaymîn and Fawzân were both in praise of the book in question in the above link, which shows that it's not correct to use in particular Bin Bâz' intercession as a proof of defence primarily, and discusses other issues too.

In fact, while yes, Shaykhs Bakr Abu Zayd and Ibn Jibrîn and the current Grand Muftî (the latter two were severe against some of his words though) defended Qutb (I'm not included Al-Albânî as that to me is a hasty claim - Allâh knows best). We should be mindful that the plethora of scholars saw clear error in his words and he was subsequently refuted by Ibn Bâz, Uthaymîn Fawzân and others such as Hamâd Al-Ansârî who clearly demonstrated that of his statements were those containing pure kufr within, as well as a poor understanding of `aqîdah as alluded by Shaykh `Abdul-Muhsin, Fawzân etc., whereas `Uthaymîn said his tafsîr contains 'great calamities' therein. Of course we do not make takfîr on him because of this though.

However, it's of course on you to decide on the matter and what you wish to do - bearing in mind the number of warnings against his works for the laymen in particula. I merely wanted to make it clear that some 'appraisals' of Sayyid Qutb need to be understood correctly as they were clearly not appraisals of him and his writings...

As I said, this is not an issue of aligning oneself based on individuals.

Was-salaam

Idris16

Ramadan Mubarak!

Todays sheikhs who are Salafis in Aqeedah praise Sayyid Qutb and they say Qutb did make errors, what's strange is how people say Sayyid Qutb was an Ash'ari who believed in pantheism and even atheism astaghfirullah, why would such sheikhs praise Sayyid for these ''extreme errors'' if he was such a deviant guy? Some people should stop exaggerating.

UmmTalal

Alhumdullah!
Ramadan Mubarak!

Todays sheikhs who are Salafis in Aqeedah praise Sayyid Qutb and they say Qutb did make errors, what's strange is how people say Sayyid Qutb was an Ash'ari who believed in pantheism and even atheism astaghfirullah, why would such sheikhs praise Sayyid for these ''extreme errors'' if he was such a deviant guy? Some people should stop exaggerating.

And who are these Salafi sheikhs that say this and please provide proof if you have it I am interested in reading this.

UmmTalal

Alhumdullah!
Wa Alaykum Salam,

I do find that its extremely important for forums such as this who have the number of people that it has to make sure correct knowledge is being used. So many people go to a site and read one thing that is wrong and they leave never coming back. Of course we should never go into anything blindly but its nice to know that you can trust certain sites without having to research everything you know. As Muslims this is our duty after all, Allah alim.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum;

(27:2) These are the verses of the Qur'an and the lucid Book,a guidance and good news for those believers.
(27:3) who establish the Salat and pay the Zakat;and they are the ones who fully believe in the Hereafter.

brothers and sisters,

Ramadhan Kareem.

as we are ON- this month which Kuran revealed
i ask for your kind consideration of my proposal.

shall we instead.
Let us put our efforts to the above verse;1,2
how had each one of US understood it OR how individually (Sheikh/translator/mufasir) explained its meaning.

My dear brothers and sisters;
This is my suggestion.
shukran.

Idris16

And who are these Salafi sheikhs that say this and please provide proof if you have it I am interested in reading this.
Sheikhs such as Hamod Oqla Shuaybi (read his letter about Qutb), al-Munajjid (he has quoted Sayyid Qutb), Ibn Jibrin (is known for having defended Qutb), Bakr Abu Zayd (read his golden letter), Nabil al-Awadhi (clearly said Qutb had errors but also good in TV), Abdullah Azzam, Abu Basir Tartosi (read his article where he explains the good/bad sides of Qutb). I didn't hear the Salafi sheikh Muhammad Musa ash-Shareef say Qutb was an innovator or such things when he spoke about the life of Ibn Baz. I won't write more in this thread insha'Allah, I know what's the TRUE reason for the claimants of Salafiyyah to say Qutb preached "atheism, pantheism", they are against him because he spoke about Tawheed al-Haakimiyyah. They might as well label all those people who have praised Qutb as "Qutbi, Takfiri, Surori, Ikhwani, Hizbi".

Ramadan Mubarak.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
In my experience, Muslims who dislike Sayyid Qutb are often the ones who go to extremes in their hatred as well. When the death penalty was given to Sayyid Qutb rahimahullaah, even `Ulemaa who may have warned against his books spoke out against the ruling and tried to mediate in order that he may be spared, it can't even be said that they 'hated' him, let alone to an extreme, unchecked vehement hatred isn't a characteristic of the people of knowledge or even the 'Salafee' shuyookh Qutb haters claim to follow; the bottom line was that he was a Muslim and a Muslim has rights over you.

My point is, it's not a problem about warning against certain teachings, rather if you hate Sayyid Qutb to an extreme in that you hold no sympathy or mercy in your heart for a Muslim who was imprisoned, tortured and eventually killed by clear oppressors, then take a step back and realise that you have a bigger and more basic problem in your Islaam than whatever you're accusing Sayyid Qutb of, don't even have to delve into any complicated teachings to see that.

:salam2:

PS: Moved to a more approppriate forum.

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Shaykh Ubayd al Jabiree about the DEVIATED Qutbiyyah(Sayd Qutb)- MUST SEE !

[video=youtube;YUx3MeRj0MM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUx3MeRj0MM[/video]