I think I might be being tested

fmpts

Hello everyone I know I'm very new here, and I have been studying the Quran as I can and really pray about what I read. I've noticed though that some bad behaviors in my life have tried to show up again. I've had a few ex girlfriends call and ask if I wanted to come over or go out. Also I decided while I'm studying the Quran I will not drink alcohol and I've been asked to go out a lot than I've ever been before this. It almost feels like I'm being tested, or it could be my perception.

Have any people who were thinking about converting found that their bad behaviors have come up a lot more than before they began to seek a different path?

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum

Yes it is a test. Say " A"oozu Billahi minash-Shaitanir Rajeem"
I seek refuge in Allah from the outcast Satan. Life is a test. May Allah increase your knowledge and your faith. You should give up alcohol completly the more you do what is right the easier it will be to resist Satan. May Allah bless and guide you:tti_sister::tti_sister:

And yes when I converted there were more temptations to do wrong than ever before. Satan wants more than anything to lead you astray

fada_all

Hello everyone I know I'm very new here, and I have been studying the Quran as I can and really pray about what I read. I've noticed though that some bad behaviors in my life have tried to show up again. I've had a few ex girlfriends call and ask if I wanted to come over or go out. Also I decided while I'm studying the Quran I will not drink alcohol and I've been asked to go out a lot than I've ever been before this. It almost feels like I'm being tested, or it could be my perception.

Have any people who were thinking about converting found that their bad behaviors have come up a lot more than before they began to seek a different path?

salam alikom brother Matt,

don't worry brother it is life like this ,full of temptation and excitment and the satan -adoudo billah- always beautifys the wrong deeds and make it looks good and different so as to make us astray and be lost
, we need only to be stick to our prayer and follow the holy Qur'an and sunnah ..,

dear brother, try as much as possible not to lose time prayer , and follow each time with the reading of the Qur'an with much consentration.recit ayat alkursy try to read it every time it is very helpfull in such case...and allah konw best sobhanaho wa taala..

salam alikom wa tahmato allah

ur sis

Ashima33

Salaam Alaikum brother,

Yes, I remember before I converted and was just learning about Islam my "old" behaviors seemed more intense and frequent. I look back and wonder if it was Allah testing me and if I feel into the temptations I remember having thoughts run through my head afterwards like, "Is this the life you're going to lead? Is this what you're going back to?" I also think as I learned more about Islam my sensitivity to certain behaviors and actions grew. Maybe it's because your view of "the big picture" is becoming more clear. So, I understand somewhat of the things you're talking about. I hope this helps.

Wasalaam.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
wow, i'm not a convert but i do understand that everytime I try to do something good something else "conveniently" pops up like for example i try to listen to the Quran and i find myself listening to music! But i wish you all the best and i hope you get through this inshallah (God Willing):tti_sister: