I think its time to say Allah hu Akbar and take a step forward

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Its time to say Allahu Akbar and take a step forward

:salam2: brothers and sisters,
I think i have had it, Someone needs to take an initiate --- there are so many new brothers and sisters entering Islam and here we are Muslims sitting like lazy people too busy with our own life
i just read this thread (http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20032) and it really moved me and this is not the only incident i have come across.
Alot of the new muslims end up with depression, or loneliness and what have we done so far (Im speaking as a community)
there are at this moment 11 members and 104 guests ONLINE on TTI, it is a big possibility alot of those could be people thinking about embracing Islam, but where is the love the welcome, yes we all say Allah hu Akbar welcome to Islam when a new bro/sis comes but what next is that all.
I' ve been to this forum for a while now and i've seen many people come and go as well that were very interested in Islam but due to the lack of help they left.
Not everyone wants books and document some people are looking for moral support Friendship, they just left their life Behind we need to embrace them, support them, SHOW THEM THRU ACTIONS Welcome to Islam brother and sister, you are part of a big family now and we are here to keep you company and help out.

So i say that we the Family of TTI take a step forward and start a sister website with TTI to provide moral, social and live support to the new converts. This forum has Members: 53,621, atleast 21 of these are active thats even below minimum, if we all pitch in donate really small amount of money we can create a website where we can register to help people Individually in our cities, Geez i dont even know who converted to Islam in my city cuz there is no support and its the same thing for many cities.

My Idea:
We all pitch in whatever we can, a small amount in this world is a large investment for hereafter. Create a beautiful website welcoming new Reverts to Islam.
When the person register, he/she is asked the location and matched with brothers/sister in his area that are volunteering to help this new muslim bro/sis out and Inshallah earn alot of ajar.
Most of us know how to pray the basic pillars, the new converts need help with many basic things alot of times a video or tut is not good enough they have questions!! , some things are not great in their mind so we can help them and be more supportive.
Mashallah ramadan is start in August, Invite new Reverts for Iftar, go to tarawee with them, You might not realize it but alot of people are shy also in the beginning and they need a helping hand, and we need to provide that.
The website can connect people with individuas and they can meetup with them in the local Mosque, at our homes, Be Friends with them, and also ONLINE. People who have web cam and are not shy we can teach brothers and sister live how to pray answer their question be more acquinted with them.
It doesn't even require too much commmitement, maybe that person is from our work place, our univ our college our neighborhood. We should take the time to share their feelings.
What will we say to Allah (swt) that we knew about people entering ur deen but we let them be lonely and get depress.
Some people just quit drinking, gambling, clubbing etc etc... they dont need tutorials they need you brothers and sister someone to guide them on a straight path and keep them company and prevent their mind from wandering into the whispers of the Shaitaan.
Even if 20 of us agreee, that cud be 20 different cities. I know Inshallah we can do this; it makes me really sad to see that we are not doing ENOUGH, those christians missionaries are our door step every week telling us come to their houses, churches, we have FREE FOOD (way to bribe), they are so supportive WHY CANT WE BE BETTER THAN THEM
And on top of that all praise is for Allah (swt) im his slave, Its a Idea I need support and all my brothers and sisters here to join.
About money, I can try my best to pay as much as possible, but it would be great if everyone contributed it would really cut down the share for everyone

Sorry if this also seems like a rant but We really need to wake up and do more acts than talk

if there is a programmer on the forum that think they can take a big project like this and tell us the estimate cost please let us know JazakAllah khair.

Again, All praise to Allah, may he forgive us and guide us to Jannah.
Ameen
and Who knows except Allah that which deed might please our Creator and all of us go to Jannah together Inshallah
:wasalam:

Nurain

Salam

Ma sha Allaah. This be a mighty good idea. Perhaps the sister site could focus on the different countries our new brothers and sister come from, so they can have a real life friend there, for REAL and not just words being typed across the screen.

Of course you are right. We could set up the sister site, and what is just a little money to donate... I am for this idea ma sha Allaah.

Even the only converts association where I reside is not doing a good job. :astaghfirullah: Two sisters have witnessed how the classes are conducted for these converts before, and it is not even a proper islamic way. How can a teacher teach a group of converts this way: "If someone pass away you say 'inna lillah wa inna illaihi raji'un' and not Yo! mother _____ (insert bad word here) _____!" ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH I TELL YOU. And these convert association stands on like, say, skinny
legs made of weak wood and it might crumble anytime - the converts will still remain, but it's the way Islam is being practised which has gone awry. I don't know what approach they take to teach. In fact, when I was trying to learn proper ways to pray I had gone to the converts association itself -- and now that I know better, the prayers thought were all without daleel from hadith and seemed to be conjured by weak sources. What is this!?

I am in support of this proposal of a sister site. It ought to be like a one-on-one thing focusing on countries, so that these new brothers and sisters won't feel lost... cos for now I believe what they see are just encouraging words on screen they need more than that.. real friendship so I am in support.

This be a rant too but yeah, just my two cents worth.

Okay -peace- no arguments if I said anything wrong 'ere. -_-

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
JazakAllah Khair sister, Inshallah once we get enough people appoval and the moderators agree we can start a group and work on it Inshallah and this is the main Goal to provide friendly person help to the new converts but if there is no brother/sister found in the city then use live video help to make them feel comfortable

Salam

Ma sha Allaah. This be a mighty good idea. Perhaps the sister site could focus on the different countries our new brothers and sister come from, so they can have a real life friend there, for REAL and not just words being typed across the screen.

Of course you are right. We could set up the sister site, and what is just a little money to donate... I am for this idea ma sha Allaah.

Even the only converts association where I reside is not doing a good job. :astaghfirullah: Two sisters have witnessed how the classes are conducted for these converts before, and it is not even a proper islamic way. How can a teacher teach a group of converts this way: "If someone pass away you say 'inna lillah wa inna illaihi raji'un' and not Yo! mother _____ (insert bad word here) _____!" ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH I TELL YOU. And these convert association stands on like, say, skinny
legs made of weak wood and it might crumble anytime - the converts will still remain, but it's the way Islam is being practised which has gone awry. I don't know what approach they take to teach. In fact, when I was trying to learn proper ways to pray I had gone to the converts association itself -- and now that I know better, the prayers thought were all without daleel from hadith and seemed to be conjured by weak sources. What is this!?

I am in support of this proposal of a sister site. It ought to be like a one-on-one thing focusing on countries, so that these new brothers and sisters won't feel lost... cos for now I believe what they see are just encouraging words on screen they need more than that.. real friendship so I am in support.

This be a rant too but yeah, just my two cents worth.

Okay -peace- no arguments if I said anything wrong 'ere. -_-

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum Wahramatullahi Wabarakatu:tti_sister:

Jazak Allah Khair:hearts:
What a wonderful Idea that you have had It would be nice to know other muslims face to face. Inshallah I will do Dua that there is a solution to this dilemma.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK

:ma: It is a very good idea and I'm in for it. But i do realise there is a lot of work to be done with this regard and it is not good to put more burden on the brothers and sisters who maintain this website, as they are already having loads of work on this site along with their other work.

So i would suggest to have a (group of) volunteering brothers and sisters who are ready to take up this responsibility. Also for guidance, we can always ask help from the moderators and people who maintain TTI. As far as i'm concerned i do not know programming but willing to be a volunteer although i do not kn\ow where i fit in.

One more thought that creeps in my mind is, although this is a very good idea (May ALLAH SWT reward brother shaheerpak for putting it in the forum) we should always try to do our best individually to help out our brothers and sisters in faith especially the reverts. Every individual should feel the responsibility of helping out brothers and sisters. Please bear in mind that i'm not trying to belittle the idea of website, but suggesting that if all of us pitch in then this problem will be attenuated atleast to some extent.

ALLAH Ta'ala knows the best.

salek

nice idea brother, i am with you. we must do something, can't like just sitting there. May Allah allmighty grant raward for your nice support for our ummah.

FreedomFighter

i think that is a good idea if we work on it. but im sry to say i cant help you much. i think that if it does work, it can turn into a huge project, and converts will find this beneficial. i wish i could help, and may Allah reward you for this idea and may Allah make your idea a success.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Assalamualaikum..

a very nice idea, I love this. I wish Allah will make it easy for me...May Allah help u. Because I'm still a student, I cannot initiate such a big project, but all I can say is; i want to help.

May Allah increase your Iman and may Allah make you like this people:

[46:13] Surely, those who say, "Our Lord is GOD," then lead a righteous life, will have no fear, nor will they grieve.

[46:14] They have deserved Paradise, where they abide forever; a reward for their works.

Nurain

Salam

A sister was saying that this thing may be hard to pull off and might be a project too big. Thus, why not we have a section open, right here in TTI? Much more feasible I say. Everyone who agrees say Aye!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
JazakAllah khair brothers and sisters im so Glad :) to hear such a positive feedback this is great

Just to let everyone know im a student too lol and really busy too but I dont think that still an excuse to let down our revert brothers and sisters.

I know this seems like a big project but its not so much commitment i hope we can take atleast 10 min from our lives to meet a new revert bro/sis, and help them out and earn alot of Ajar from Allah Inshallah.

Well the only thing i need is to help collect some money since im a student too its hard for me to efford, other than that Allah (swt) is the provider he will guide me and bless this project.

I will try to start a group on TTI where people who are willing to help me start this project can join, I will talk to the moderators on the forum to get this program approved Inshallah
then next step would be to find a programmer (if someone from TTI that would be great) help him/her give us an estimate.
Then if we can collect donations, whatever everyone can contribute its for ALlah (swt) for Ajar. What they can to help out.
Then as a community if we can register and invite other people to the website and help them Inshallah

aslam o alikum
thats the vision so far

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salam

A sister was saying that this thing may be hard to pull off and might be a project too big. Thus, why not we have a section open, right here in TTI? Much more feasible I say. Everyone who agrees say Aye!

Yea :) if thats possible it could work do The purpose is to help new Muslims
and please Allah (swt)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
thats a really good adea brother shaheer.i wish i could do something for my brothers and sisters.i am also isolated at home but at least i can give them moral support.
may ALLAH give them peace and happiness with strong eemaan ameen thuma ameen.:tti_sister:

My sister, Im not good , im just a servant of Allah (swt) the goodness only belong to him.

Your niyaat (intention) is on the right paath may Allah (swt) reward you for that ... If i can do anything for my brothers and sisters anywhere its all thx to my family on Turntoislam .

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Allaicomu Saalam dear brother

Mashallah that seems like a wondefull idea:),but apologise to me brother but I did not undesrtand quite well.:shymuslima1:

I am not sure brother how much of us will have time to visit website becasue we all are busy with our studies.

Can you please brother explain us better about that website Inshallah???

May Allah bless you

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
thank you sister this is the idea behind it without the rant, sorry about it

aslam o alikum sister,
My idea is simple, we create a website where new reverts can join and be connected with friendly Muslims in the area so they dont feel lonely. Im pretty sure we all can spare like 5 min of our lives and im a student too, alot of that maybe that person is from our univ or work place. I want it to be TTI related cuz TTI got the documents all the books and everything this website would help them feel socially accepted and connected with muslim and also people that have time can use web cam to give live lessons to brothers or sisters
Sister, i just dont want our new reverts to feel alone, TTI mashallah does a great job with many things but alot of people want to personally know people, that can help them become better muslims and help them
Hope i was clear
JazakAllah khair
aslam o alikum

ummu thany

sister in islam
Assalamu alaikkum
Jazakkallahu hairan for the wonderful idea. May Allah (swt) reward for your good intention and make them success. Ameen.
:tti_sister:

safiya58

:ma::ma::ma: great idea. inshaallah it will work :) I hope many of us will help to make this happen.... but now the question is how?

sister amina

MEMORISING THE QURAN
mashallah bro areally good idea im of course ready to do it but i dont think there are any converts in my city?if there are then i will help them in whatever way i can inshallah.
btw,thans for the idea.
fi amanallah