I want to convert, but have no moral support.

Aziboy

Banned
Any good bedtime storybook ideas about the life of the prophet (pbuh)?

Assalam Alaykum Sister,

May Allah give you courage and wisdom to raise yourself and the kids on true belief of Islam i.e. Peace.

As for the storybook, there are lot of them available on the stand, however you being virtually present here with us all we could suggest you is the link below which narrates the Unique stories of the Prophets of Allah. Read it for your own self and then convey it to your kids in your own words. This will only increase your knowledge and faith ... Insha Allah

www.islambasics.com/index.php?act=download&BID=85

Also there are so many websites and animated series for kids to learn more about our beloved Prophet Muhammad [saw]

Please check the below link if that might help

http://www.islamawareness.net/Muhammed/ibn_kathir.html

http://sahaba.net/

May Allah protect you and every Muslim

Jazak Allahu Khair

Aziboy

Banned
ISLAM Q&A

:salam2:

For any questions you have in your mind with regards to faith and act, I would glad to introduce the link to you and all our fellow Muslim which is of utmost Importance.

http://islamqa.info/en/

There is also a search tab where we can type the keyword and read
Hope you will like as I liked it

Jazak Allahu Khair

Shasmeen

Thank you for the links Brother Azimaz. I will do that. I like it already.

Sister Seeking Allah"s Mercy i'll send you a PM if you don't mind.

Shasmeen

Salaams brothers and sisters

Thank you for the support. I have some good news, I met with a muslimah and she has given me a book to read. What Islam is all about.. I also got Islamic stories and music for my kids. They told me today that the now want to refer to God as Allah only. And they also want to learn about being Muslims.

From the moment I joined this forum things have just been happening for the best. All praise be to Allah as He knows best.

Wlsm

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I come from a Christian background myself, so I understand all too well the challenges that you face in your search for the truth. My family still does not know about my conversion, so I practice and worship in secret until such time as I choose to reveal the truth to them.

My friends don't know either. They know that I have been studying Islam and memorizing parts of the Qur'an, but that is all they know.

I quit for a while after my conversion because of certain factors. I tried to go my own way, but I realized that I cannot. I am slowly trying to make my way back to God, but I am taking my time about it and going at my own pace. I try to ignore those who say that I am not doing enough or that I am doing it wrong.

If I could tell you one thing, that would be it. Just take things slowly and at your own pace. You're on the right path here...

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}

I come from a Christian background myself, so I understand all too well the challenges that you face in your search for the truth. My family still does not know about my conversion, so I practice and worship in secret until such time as I choose to reveal the truth to them.

My friends don't know either. They know that I have been studying Islam and memorizing parts of the Qur'an, but that is all they know.

I quit for a while after my conversion because of certain factors. I tried to go my own way, but I realized that I cannot. I am slowly trying to make my way back to God, but I am taking my time about it and going at my own pace. I try to ignore those who say that I am not doing enough or that I am doing it wrong.

If I could tell you one thing, that would be it. Just take things slowly and at your own pace. You're on the right path here..

thank you brother.

Shasmeen

If I could tell you one thing, that would be it. Just take things slowly and at your own pace. You're on the right path here...

Thank you for the advice brother, I will keep you in my prayers too. So that you may find your back too. You may not be where you want to in your life, but you're where God wants you to be.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Thank you for the advice brother, I will keep you in my prayers too. So that you may find your back too. You may not be where you want to in your life, but you're where God wants you to be.

I believe that now more than ever. Recent events in my life have shown me that God has a purpose for me, and I am gradually understanding what that purpose is.

Shasmeen

:salam2: Shasmeen where do you stay in south africa? i just moved to Phalaborwa,south africa. im a revert. was a christian.:wasalam:

Salaam sister.

I'm in Johannesburg.

I have since converted to Islam Alhamdulillah. :tti_sister::tti_sister:
I have found two apas that i see weekly. :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Salaam sister.

I'm in Johannesburg.

I have since converted to Islam Alhamdulillah. :tti_sister::tti_sister:
I have found two apas that i see weekly. :)

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

Mabrook Ukhti! Congratulations. Inshaa'Allaah the rest of your life and your death will be upon Islam along with the rest of us.

salahdin

Welcome to tti may ALLAH guide you to the straight path . For your children it would be nice if you guys watched together the biography of the the greatest man on planet muhammad (p.bu.h) called THE MESSENGER.

de Lamartine

(1790-1869) French poet and statesman.

Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?”

[Translated from Histoire De La Turquie, Paris, 1854, vol. II, pp. 276-277]

Reverend Bosworth Smith

(1794-1884) Late Fellow of Trinity College, Oxford.

“… he was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without the Pope’s pretensions, and Caesar without the legions of Caesar.Without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue, if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by a right Divine, it was Mohammed; for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports.”

[Mohammed and Mohammedanism, London, 1874, p. 235]

Shasmeen

Jazakhallah khair my sister. I feel for once in my life I have a purpose. So much to learn, but Rome wasn't build in a day.

I also wear hijab fulltime, so my life at work has turned upside down. Some people are just ignorant, but Allah makes it easy for those who believe. Every morning I get up for fajr and I pray for Allah's guidance. Inshallah

My family is supportive, but my friends are treating me differently. I have anticipated it.
I was seeing someone prior to conversion, but have stopped as we dont wanna commit zina. Not a easy task, I must admit, but it gets easier. :shymuslima1:

Allah knows best.

a_stranger

:ma: sister, this is great news , may Allah keep faith in our hearts firm till we meet our Lord. I pray that Allah brighten your days with Eman , and Taqwa.

Lara Meano

I am a revert from Johannesburg

Assalamo alaikom my dear sister. I am a revert to islam now for four years and I live in the Johannesburg area, i also do not live in a Muslim community and i am the only Muslim in my family. I would honestly like to help you because i was also in your situation. Sadly in South Africa there is not much support for reverts and many reverts end up teaching themselves about islam on face book or the internet which in itself can lead to dangerous problems. I will help you with pleasure.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Assalamo alaikom my dear sister. I am a revert to islam now for four years and I live in the Johannesburg area, i also do not live in a Muslim community and i am the only Muslim in my family. I would honestly like to help you because i was also in your situation. Sadly in South Africa there is not much support for reverts and many reverts end up teaching themselves about islam on face book or the internet which in itself can lead to dangerous problems. I will help you with pleasure.

sisters Lara Meano and Shasmeen sorry my so late comment to this thread. I have friend (sister) from Johannesburg from born muslim family. You may contact her to ask more advice about local support from sisters there if you like. If you like, PM me about it.

:SMILY206:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Jazakhallah khair my sister. I feel for once in my life I have a purpose. So much to learn, but Rome wasn't build in a day.

I also wear hijab fulltime, so my life at work has turned upside down. Some people are just ignorant, but Allah makes it easy for those who believe. Every morning I get up for fajr and I pray for Allah's guidance. Inshallah

My family is supportive, but my friends are treating me differently. I have anticipated it.
I was seeing someone prior to conversion, but have stopped as we dont wanna commit zina. Not a easy task, I must admit, but it gets easier. :shymuslima1:

Allah knows best.

BaarakAllaahu feeki ukht.

Inshaa'Allaah take one step at a time and remain firm on whatever good you do. Start it slowly and ask Allaah continously to keep you stead fast on the Deen.

You have at an advantage to have a supporting family. Your friends need to learn to respect and love you for who you are. May Allaah bless you with a company much better than those who oppose you right now for your Islam. And may Allaah guide them. Ameen.