I want to know more about the Islam...

a_stranger

Islam is the answer from the one who created us to all our questions , why? and what is this life. Where are we heading to? I believe Islam can full the blanks in our lifes and hearts.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalaam walaikum,

Let me thank you for responding. You are seeking the truth. And trust me you will find it, Insha'Allah.

( We always use Insha'Allah to preface action/intentions).

We will deal with the issue of what do you do when you love someone later.

It is written that Allah subhana talla is the one who blesses you with His call. You are hearing His command. And Alhumdullila you are responding.

In Christianity and Judaism women did cover until the end of WWII. Many Jewish women wore wigs before they stepped outside. Have you ever thought of why they had so many wig shoppes? Catholic women to this day wear a veil to church. The Jehovah Witnesses wear long skirts. The Amish and Mennonite women to this day cover.

When I started to cover I was scared. How do you work alongside men and not look them in the eye. Well..that was simple. Once you cover, the men lower their heads in respect. And there is no time for idle chit-chat. You become all about it. Also, as you avert your eyes, you demonstrate that you are listening to what needs to be said. It is serious. We can go into details later on this, too.

Here are some suggestions at help you at this stage:

1. Turn on Quran Explorer and listen to the suras ( chapters ) of the Quran in Arabic. Nothing stirs the soul more.
2. Relearn the stories of the prophets of Allah. Yeah..the stories are so similar. And for the atheist in you. Read the story of Noah alongside the epic of Gilgamesh.
3. If you are a science buff read how the Quran depicted the universe and that is in it..it's all there.
4. You are not an agnostic. You are an a(not) theo(God). You do know there is something out there. You have not labeled what it is.

Let me ask you this: What makes you think Allah is here/there/everywhere?

Insha'Allah, we wait for your response. And remember we are so excited about you..we are jumping with joy. ( Muslims are crazy like that).

:salam2:
This is really a great response from Appa.

I have just this to add regarding reading Quran:

Since you do not know Arabic, so you will be reading the translation and sometimes translation only can be a little confusing and it also depends who has translated it. It is always better to know the background of chapters and verses. Therefore I am including here 2 links. They give explanations of the verses and chapters, and this really helps.

In the first link the explanation is right there, and you can press the Intro button for explanation of the chapter, while in the second link they have placed all the explanation of verses at the bottom and you can click to go there and press "Back" to come back. Try both and see which one works better for you.

http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html

http://www.quran.net/quran/tafseer/maudoodi/english/tafseerMaudoosiEnglish.asp

Hope this will help.
:wasalam:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Peace with you;

here is my short story "how I became muslim". As you see, before I too was atheist.

"Before I was atheist. When I was about 20 or something, I met some muslims and they seemed to be nice persons. I hadn´t any teacher to learn to what they believe or what is God or what Islam means but I read every books I ever found. Also I was thinking a lot and tried to understand why they believe to something and why I don´t. This thinking, before I started to understand something about "believing" or "God" took years after years.

I got a lot of knowledge about those matters but still I was like donkey who carries books; I couldn´t understand what the God means. I felt I want to believe Him but how if I don´t even understand to "what" to believe or "where" to find Him.

I tried to think the God is part of this world but I couldn´t find Him. Then I change my ideas and realised that no, God is not part of this world but this world is part of God. This idea opened something in my heart. It was like I would saw the beauty of Islam but then I realised I wasn´t ready yet. Between me and this Beauty was the wall. I was outside, alone and wanted to go in but how? I continue finding understanding and then I found gate from this wall. But the gate was locked and I had to find key to opened it. How to find key if you don´t know what it even is... I was thinking a long time and then I realised that understanding what "submission" means was the key (even for me). So I opened the gate but I could go inside; I felt myself suddenly so worthless and dirty, like I wouldn´t have any permit to go inside, to become a muslim. I felt the deepest sorrow than ever when I submit the will of the God... and at the same moment I became as muslim, I understood what Islam means. Two weeks after that I read shahada with witnesses."

Sorry if my story is not very good but I originally wrote it many years ago when my English was quite bad...

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I'm just wondering what will the original poster feel about Islam or religion if their current boyfriend leaves her?? Will you still want to look for the truth? Or are you looking for the truth so you can make possible a future with a person you 'love'? I'm just saying that an intention needs to be made in your heart as to WHY you want to learn about Islam.

I'm sorry if I've said anything wrong, and I don't mean to be offensive.

I agree with this.

Converting for the sake of a boyfriend will only end in disaster.
Allah alim.

mvarendonk

I'm just wondering what will the original poster feel about Islam or religion if their current boyfriend leaves her?? Will you still want to look for the truth? Or are you looking for the truth so you can make possible a future with a person you 'love'? I'm just saying that an intention needs to be made in your heart as to WHY you want to learn about Islam.

I'm sorry if I've said anything wrong, and I don't mean to be offensive.

It's like I said before I don't want to convert for him or even search for anything because of him he just opened my eyes and showed me a small part of the Islam, that made me interesting in this religion and actually religion in any case. So he just opened my eyes. I understand that converting to any religion must come from your own heart, mind and soul not for the sake of someone else... Even when he leaves me I will be still interested in this matter! For now I'm just reading and reading and listening and listening...

I thank you all for your help but in the end I guess I need to find my own way, to follow my own path, luckily I get a lot of help along the way! thanks!

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Peace with you;

here is my short story "how I became muslim". As you see, before I too was atheist.

"Before I was atheist. When I was about 20 or something, I met some muslims and they seemed to be nice persons. I hadn´t any teacher to learn to what they believe or what is God or what Islam means but I read every books I ever found. Also I was thinking a lot and tried to understand why they believe to something and why I don´t. This thinking, before I started to understand something about "believing" or "God" took years after years.

I got a lot of knowledge about those matters but still I was like donkey who carries books; I couldn´t understand what the God means. I felt I want to believe Him but how if I don´t even understand to "what" to believe or "where" to find Him.

I tried to think the God is part of this world but I couldn´t find Him. Then I change my ideas and realised that no, God is not part of this world but this world is part of God. This idea opened something in my heart. It was like I would saw the beauty of Islam but then I realised I wasn´t ready yet. Between me and this Beauty was the wall. I was outside, alone and wanted to go in but how? I continue finding understanding and then I found gate from this wall. But the gate was locked and I had to find key to opened it. How to find key if you don´t know what it even is... I was thinking a long time and then I realised that understanding what "submission" means was the key (even for me). So I opened the gate but I could go inside; I felt myself suddenly so worthless and dirty, like I wouldn´t have any permit to go inside, to become a muslim. I felt the deepest sorrow than ever when I submit the will of the God... and at the same moment I became as muslim, I understood what Islam means. Two weeks after that I read shahada with witnesses."

Sorry if my story is not very good but I originally wrote it many years ago when my English was quite bad...
:salam2:
Allah hu Akber!It is quite inspirational.Allah guides whom He wills!
:wasalam:

Sister mvarendonk,welcome to the forum first of all.I pray that may you find guidance and I would suggest that you pray for guidance as well.Sometimes even after searching and finding the truth we cant accept it,so that's when a prayer comes in handy.All the very best to you.
Regards.

Perseveranze

I didn't knew that in the Islam there is no boyfriend/girlfriend thing... What do you do when you love someone?

Your suppose to marry them, providing they want to marry you and that your both Muslim (or atleast the girl is Christian/Jew).

But this is probably why Islam encourages gender seperation and women cover their beauty.